Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 ā-kāśá [ AkAza ]
- 1.1 ā-kāśá-kakṣā [ AkAzakakSA ]
- 1.2 ā-kāśá-ga [ AkAzaga ]
- 1.3 ā-kāśá-gaṅgā [ AkAzagaGgA ]
- 1.4 ā-kāśá-gata [ AkAzagata ]
- 1.5 ā-kāśá-gati [ AkAzagati ]
- 1.6 ā-kāśá-gamana [ AkAzagamana ]
- 1.7 ā-kāśá-garbhi [ AkAzagarbhi ]
- 1.8 ā-kāśá-camasa [ AkAzacamasa ]
- 1.9 ā-kāśá-cārin [ AkAzacArin ]
- 1.10 ā-kāśá-ja [ AkAzaja ]
- 1.11 ā-kāśá-jananī [ AkAzajananI ]
- 1.12 ā-kāśá-dīpa [ AkAzadIpa ]
- 1.13 ā-kāśá-deśa [ AkAzadeza ]
- 1.14 ā-kāśá-patha [ AkAzapatha ]
- 1.15 ā-kāśá-pathika [ AkAzapathika ]
- 1.16 ā-kāśá-poli [ AkAzapoli ]
- 1.17 ā-kāśá-pratiṣṭhita [ AkAzapratiSThita ]
- 1.18 ā-kāśá-pradīpa [ AkAzapradIpa ]
- 1.19 ā-kāśá-baddhalakṣa [ AkAzabaddhalakSa ]
- 1.20 ā-kāśá-bhāṣita [ AkAzabhASita ]
- 1.21 ā-kāśá-máya [ AkAzamaya ]
- 1.22 ā-kāśá-māṃsī [ AkAzamAMsI ]
- 1.23 ā-kāśá-mukhin [ AkAzamukhin ]
- 1.24 ā-kāśá-muṣṭi-hananāya [ AkAzamuSTihananAya ]
- 1.25 ā-kāśá-mūlī [ AkAzamUlI ]
- 1.26 ā-kāśá-yāna [ AkAzayAna ]
- 1.27 ā-kāśá-yoginī [ AkAzayoginI ]
- 1.28 ā-kāśá-rakṣin [ AkAzarakSin ]
- 1.29 ā-kāśá-vat [ AkAzavat ]
- 1.30 ā-kāśá-vartman [ AkAzavartman ]
- 1.31 ā-kāśá-vallī [ AkAzavallI ]
- 1.32 ā-kāśá-vāṇī [ AkAzavANI ]
- 1.33 ā-kāśá-śayana [ AkAzazayana ]
- 1.34 ā-kāśá-salila [ AkAzasalila ]
- 1.35 ā-kāśá-stha [ AkAzastha ]
- 1.36 ā-kāśá-sphaṭika [ AkAzasphaTika ]
- 1.37 ākāśâ`'tman [ AkAzAtman ]
- 1.38 ākāśâ`nantyâ`yatana [ AkAzAnantyAyatana ]
- 1.39 ākāśâstikāya [ AkAzAstikAya ]
- 1.40 ākāśê`śa [ AkAzeza ]
- 1.41 ākāśôdaka [ AkAzodaka ]
ā-kāśá [ AkAza ]
as, m. ( Ved. ) or ( later ) am, n. ( ifc. f. ā ) a free or open space, vacuity, AitBr. ŚBr. MBh. etc.
the ether, sky or atmosphere, Naigh. ŚBr. Mn. etc.
( am ), n. ( in philos. ) the subtle and ethereal fluid ( supposed to fill and pervade the universe and to be the peculiar vehicle of life and of sound ), Vedāntas. etc.
Brahma ( as identical with ether ), L.
= ākāśa-bhāṣita below, Comm. on Śak.
( e ), loc. ind. in the air ( a stage direction implying something said by or to a person out of sight ), Mṛcch. Śak. etc.
ā-kāśá-kakṣā [ AkAzakakSA ]
f. ' girdle of the sky ', the horizon, L.
ā-kāśá-ga [ AkAzaga ]
mf ( ā ) n. going through the atmosphere ( as the Gaṅgā ; see -gaṅgā ), R.
( as ), m. a bird, MBh. v, 7287.
ā-kāśá-gaṅgā [ AkAzagaGgA ]
f. the Gaṅgā flowing down from the sky, MBh. iii , 10909, R. Ragh. i, 78.
ā-kāśá-gata [ AkAzagata ]
mfn. coming from the air ( as a voice ), Kathās.
ā-kāśá-gati [ AkAzagati ]
f. going through the atmosphere, Pañcat.
ā-kāśá-gamana [ AkAzagamana ]
n. going through the atmosphere, Pañcat.
ā-kāśá-garbhi [ AkAzagarbhi ]
m., N. of a Bodhisattva, Buddh.
ā-kāśá-camasa [ AkAzacamasa ]
m. ' a cup or vessel with ether ', the moon, L.
ā-kāśá-cārin [ AkAzacArin ]
mfn. = -ga, mfn. above, Kathās.
( ī ), m. a bird, MBh. i, 8384.
ā-kāśá-ja [ AkAzaja ]
mfn. produced in the sky.
ā-kāśá-jananī [ AkAzajananI ]
f. a loophole, casement, embrasure, ŚāntiP. 2638.
ā-kāśá-dīpa [ AkAzadIpa ]
m. a lamp or torch lighted in honour of Lakṣmī or Viṣṇu and elevated on a pole in the air at the Dīvāli ( Dīpāvali ) festival, in the month Kārttika, L.
any lantern on a pole, L.
ā-kāśá-deśa [ AkAzadeza ]
m. an open place, N.
ā-kāśá-patha [ AkAzapatha ]
m. a way or road through the atmosphere, Kathās.
ā-kāśá-pathika [ AkAzapathika ]
m. ' sky-traveller ', the sun, Kathās.
ā-kāśá-poli [ AkAzapoli ]
m., N. of a poet, Śārṅg.
ā-kāśá-pratiṣṭhita [ AkAzapratiSThita ]
m., N. of a Buddha.
ā-kāśá-pradīpa [ AkAzapradIpa ]
m. = -dīpa, q.v., L.
ā-kāśá-baddhalakṣa [ AkAzabaddhalakSa ]
m. ( in theatrical language ) fixing the gaze on some object out of sight of the audience, Vikr.
ā-kāśá-bhāṣita [ AkAzabhASita ]
n. ( in theatrical language ) speaking off the stage ( to one out of sight ), Comm. on Mṛcch.
ā-kāśá-máya [ AkAzamaya ]
mfn. consisting of ether, ŚBr. xiv ( BṛĀrUp. ).
ā-kāśá-māṃsī [ AkAzamAMsI ]
f. the plant Nardostachys Jaṭāmāṃsī, L.
ā-kāśá-mukhin [ AkAzamukhin ]
inas, m. pl., N. of a Śaiva sect ( the adherents of which keep their faces turned towards the sky ).
ā-kāśá-muṣṭi-hananāya [ AkAzamuSTihananAya ]
Nom. Ā. °yate, to be foolish like one who beats the air with his fist, Sarvad.; ( cf. MBh. v, 1334. ).
ā-kāśá-mūlī [ AkAzamUlI ]
f. the plant Pistia Stratiotes, L.
ā-kāśá-yāna [ AkAzayAna ]
n. a car moving through the air, Śak.
ā-kāśá-yoginī [ AkAzayoginI ]
f., N. of a goddess.
ā-kāśá-rakṣin [ AkAzarakSin ]
m. a watchman on the outer battlements, L.
ā-kāśá-vat [ AkAzavat ]
mfn. spacious, extensive, ChUp.
( said of the fingers ) extended, ĀpŚr.
ā-kāśá-vartman [ AkAzavartman ]
n. = -patha above, Hit.
ā-kāśá-vallī [ AkAzavallI ]
f. the creeper Cassyta Filiformis, L.
ā-kāśá-vāṇī [ AkAzavANI ]
f. a voice from the air or from heaven, L.
( īs ), m., N. of the author of a Hanumatstotra.
ā-kāśá-śayana [ AkAzazayana ]
n. ( ifc. f. ā ) sleeping in open air, R. iii, 16, 12.
ā-kāśá-salila [ AkAzasalila ]
n. ' water from the atmosphere, ' rain, L.
ā-kāśá-stha [ AkAzastha ]
mfn. abiding in the sky, aerial.
ā-kāśá-sphaṭika [ AkAzasphaTika ]
m. a kind of crystal ( supposed to be formed in the atmosphere and of two kinds, Sūrya-kānta and Candra-kānta, q.v. ).
ākāśâ`'tman [ AkAzAtman ]
mfn. having the nature of air, aerial, ŚBr. x.
ākāśâ`nantyâ`yatana [ AkAzAnantyAyatana ]
n. ' abode of infinity or of infinite space, ' N. of a world, Buddh.
ākāśâstikāya [ AkAzAstikAya ]
m. the ontologic category of space, Jain.
ākāśê`śa [ AkAzeza ]
mfn. ' who has no other possession than the air ', helpless ( as a child, woman, pauper, or invalid ), Mn. iv, 184
( as ), m. ' lord of the sky ', Indra, L.
ākāśôdaka [ AkAzodaka ]
n. = ākāśa-salila, q.v., L.