Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 āsyá [ Asya ]
- 1.1 āsyá-daghna [ Asyadaghna ]
- 1.2 āsyá-ṃ-dhaya [ AsyaMdhaya ]
- 1.3 āsyá-pattra [ Asyapattra ]
- 1.4 āsyá-modaka [ Asyamodaka ]
- 1.5 āsyá-lāṅgala [ AsyalAGgala ]
- 1.6 āsyá-loman [ Asyaloman ]
- 1.7 āsyá-sravaṇa [ AsyasravaNa ]
- 1.8 āsyâsava [ AsyAsava ]
- 1.9 āsyâsukha [ AsyAsukha ]
- 1.10 āsyôpalepa [ Asyopalepa ]
- 2 आस्य āsyá [ Asya ]
āsyá [ Asya ]
n. [ ifc. mf ( ā ) n. ] mouth, jaws cf. RV. cf. AV. cf. VS. cf. MBh. etc.
face cf. Yājñ.
( mfn. ) belonging to the mouth or face, belonging to that part of the mouth or face, belonging to that part of the mouth which is the organ of uttering sounds or letters cf. Pāṇ. cf. Siddh. cf. Kāś. etc.
āsyá-daghna [ Asyadaghna ]
mfn. reaching to the mouth cf. Kāṭh
āsyá-ṃ-dhaya [ AsyaMdhaya ]
mf ( ī ) n. sucking the mouth, kissing the mouth
āsyá-pattra [ Asyapattra ]
n. ' leaf-faced ', lotus cf. L.
āsyá-modaka [ Asyamodaka ]
n. a mythical weapon cf. MBh. v, 3491
āsyá-lāṅgala [ AsyalAGgala ]
m. ' having a plough-like face '
a hog, boar cf. L.
āsyá-loman [ Asyaloman ]
n. the hair of the face, beard cf. L.
āsyá-sravaṇa [ AsyasravaNa ]
n. watering the mouth cf. Car.
āsyâsava [ AsyAsava ]
m. spittle, saliva cf. L.
āsyâsukha [ AsyAsukha ]
mfn. disagreeable to the mouth, tasting ill cf. Car.
āsyôpalepa [ Asyopalepa ]
m. obstruction of the mouth by phlegm cf. Suśr.
आस्य āsyá [ Asya ]
etc. 4. ās