Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 ātma [ Atma ]
- 1.1 ātma-karman [ Atmakarman ]
- 1.2 ātma-kāma [ AtmakAma ]
- 1.3 ātma-kāmeya [ AtmakAmeya ]
- 1.4 ātma-kārya [ AtmakArya ]
- 1.5 ātma-kṛta [ AtmakRta ]
- 1.6 ātma-krīḍa [ AtmakrIDa ]
- 1.7 ātma-gata [ Atmagata ]
- 1.8 ātma-gati [ Atmagati ]
- 1.9 ātma-guṇa [ AtmaguNa ]
- 1.10 ātma-guptā [ AtmaguptA ]
- 1.11 ātma-gupti [ Atmagupti ]
- 1.12 ātma-grāhin [ AtmagrAhin ]
- 1.13 ātma-ghāta [ AtmaghAta ]
- 1.14 ātma-ghātaka [ AtmaghAtaka ]
- 1.15 ātma-ghātin [ AtmaghAtin ]
- 1.16 ātma-ghoṣa [ AtmaghoSa ]
- 1.17 ātma-caturtha [ Atmacaturtha ]
- 1.18 ātma-cchanda-tīrtha [ AtmacchandatIrtha ]
- 1.19 ātma-ja [ Atmaja ]
- 1.20 ātma-janman [ Atmajanman ]
- 1.21 ātma-jña [ AtmajJa ]
- 1.22 ātma-jñāna [ AtmajJAna ]
- 1.23 ātma-jyotis [ Atmajyotis ]
- 1.24 ātma-tattva [ Atmatattva ]
- 1.25 ātma-tantra [ Atmatantra ]
- 1.26 ātma-tā [ AtmatA ]
- 1.27 ātma-tṛpta [ AtmatRpta ]
- 1.28 ātma-tyāga [ AtmatyAga ]
- 1.29 ātma-tyāgin [ AtmatyAgin ]
- 1.30 ātma-trāṇa [ AtmatrANa ]
- 1.31 ātma-tva [ Atmatva ]
- 1.32 ātma-dakṣiṇa [ AtmadakSiNa ]
- 1.33 ātma-darśa [ Atmadarza ]
- 1.34 ātma-darśana [ Atmadarzana ]
- 1.35 ātma-dā' [ AtmadA ]
- 1.36 ātma-dāna [ AtmadAna ]
- 1.37 ātma-dū'ṣi [ AtmadUSi ]
- 1.38 ātma-devatā [ AtmadevatA ]
- 1.39 ātma-drohin [ Atmadrohin ]
- 1.40 ātma-nitya [ Atmanitya ]
- 1.41 ātma-nindā [ AtmanindA ]
- 1.42 ātma-nivedana [ Atmanivedana ]
- 1.43 ātma-niṣkráyaṇa [ AtmaniSkrayaNa ]
- 1.44 ātma-pa [ Atmapa ]
- 1.45 ātma-pakṣa [ AtmapakSa ]
- 1.46 ātma-pañcama [ AtmapaJcama ]
- 1.47 ātma-parājitá [ AtmaparAjita ]
- 1.48 ātma-parityāga [ AtmaparityAga ]
- 1.49 ātma-pāta [ AtmapAta ]
- 1.50 ātma-pūjā [ AtmapUjA ]
- 1.51 ātma-prakāśa [ AtmaprakAza ]
- 1.52 ātma-pratikṛti [ AtmapratikRti ]
- 1.53 ātma-prabodha [ Atmaprabodha ]
- 1.54 ātma-prabha [ Atmaprabha ]
- 1.55 ātma-prayojana [ Atmaprayojana ]
- 1.56 ātma-pravāda [ AtmapravAda ]
- 1.57 ātma-praśaṃsaka [ AtmaprazaMsaka ]
- 1.58 ātma-praśaṃsā [ AtmaprazaMsA ]
- 1.59 ātma-praśaṃsin [ AtmaprazaMsin ]
- 1.60 ātma-prīti [ AtmaprIti ]
- 1.61 ātma-bandhu [ Atmabandhu ]
- 1.62 ātma-buddhi [ Atmabuddhi ]
- 1.63 ātma-bodha [ Atmabodha ]
- 1.64 ātma-bhava [ Atmabhava ]
- 1.65 ātma-bhavāyana [ AtmabhavAyana ]
- 1.66 ātma-bhāva [ AtmabhAva ]
- 1.67 ātma-bhū [ AtmabhU ]
- 1.68 ātma-bhūta [ AtmabhUta ]
- 1.69 ātma-bhūya [ AtmabhUya ]
- 1.70 ātma-maya [ Atmamaya ]
- 1.71 ātma-māna [ AtmamAna ]
- 1.72 ātma-mūrti [ AtmamUrti ]
- 1.73 ātma-mūlī [ AtmamUlI ]
- 1.74 ātma-m-bhari [ Atmambhari ]
- 1.75 ātma-yājín [ AtmayAjin ]
- 1.76 ātma-yoga [ Atmayoga ]
- 1.77 ātma-yoni [ Atmayoni ]
- 1.78 ātma-rakṣaka [ AtmarakSaka ]
- 1.79 ātma-rakṣaṇa [ AtmarakSaNa ]
- 1.80 ātma-rakṣā [ AtmarakSA ]
- 1.81 ātma-rati [ Atmarati ]
- 1.82 ātma-ruha [ Atmaruha ]
- 1.83 ātma-lābha [ AtmalAbha ]
- 1.84 ātma-vañcaka [ AtmavaJcaka ]
- 1.85 ātma-vañcanā [ AtmavaJcanA ]
- 1.86 ātma-vat [ Atmavat ]
- 1.87 ātma-vadha [ Atmavadha ]
- 1.88 ātma-vadhyā [ AtmavadhyA ]
- 1.89 ātma-vaśa [ Atmavaza ]
- 1.90 ātma-vikraya [ Atmavikraya ]
- 1.91 ātma-víd [ Atmavid ]
- 1.92 ātma-vidyā' [ AtmavidyA ]
- 1.93 ātma-vidhitsā [ AtmavidhitsA ]
- 1.94 ātma-vivṛddhi [ AtmavivRddhi ]
- 1.95 ātma-vīra [ AtmavIra ]
- 1.96 ātma-vṛttânta [ AtmavRttAnta ]
- 1.97 ātma-vṛtti [ AtmavRtti ]
- 1.98 ātma-vṛddhi [ AtmavRddhi ]
- 1.99 ātma-śakti [ Atmazakti ]
- 1.100 ātma-śalyā [ AtmazalyA ]
- 1.101 ātma-śuddhi [ Atmazuddhi ]
- 1.102 ātma-ślāgha [ AtmazlAgha ]
- 1.103 ātma-ślāghin [ AtmazlAghin ]
- 1.104 ātma-saṃyama [ AtmasaMyama ]
- 1.105 ātma-saṃstha [ AtmasaMstha ]
- 1.106 ātma-sád [ Atmasad ]
- 1.107 ātma-sáni [ Atmasani ]
- 1.108 ātma-saṃtāna [ AtmasaMtAna ]
- 1.109 ātma-saṃdeha [ AtmasaMdeha ]
- 1.110 ātma-sama [ Atmasama ]
- 1.111 ātma-samarpaṇa [ AtmasamarpaNa ]
- 1.112 ātma-sambhava [ Atmasambhava ]
- 1.113 ātma-sambhāvanā [ AtmasambhAvanA ]
- 1.114 ātma-sammita [ Atmasammita ]
- 1.115 ātma-sācín [ AtmasAcin ]
- 1.116 ātma-sāt [ AtmasAt ]
- 1.117 ātma-sukha [ Atmasukha ]
- 1.118 ātma-stava [ Atmastava ]
- 1.119 ātma-stuti [ Atmastuti ]
- 1.120 ātma-spáraṇa [ AtmasparaNa ]
- 1.121 ātma-hatyā [ AtmahatyA ]
- 1.122 ātma-han [ Atmahan ]
- 1.123 ātma-hanana [ Atmahanana ]
- 1.124 ātma-hita [ Atmahita ]
- 1.125 ātma-hitāyana [ AtmahitAyana ]
- 1.126 ātmâdiṣṭa [ AtmAdiSTa ]
- 1.127 ātmâdhika [ AtmAdhika ]
- 1.128 ātmâdhīna [ AtmAdhIna ]
- 1.129 ātmânanda [ AtmAnanda ]
- 1.130 ātmânapekṣa [ AtmAnapekSa ]
- 1.131 ātmâparādha [ AtmAparAdha ]
- 1.132 ātmâpahāra [ AtmApahAra ]
- 1.133 ātmâpahārin [ AtmApahArin ]
- 1.134 ātmâbhimāni-tā [ AtmAbhimAnitA ]
- 1.135 ātmâbhilāṣa [ AtmAbhilASa ]
- 1.136 ātmâmiṣa [ AtmAmiSa ]
- 1.137 ātmârāma [ AtmArAma ]
- 1.138 ātmârtham [ AtmArtham ]
- 1.139 ātmârthe [ AtmArthe ]
- 1.140 ātmâśin [ AtmAzin ]
- 1.141 ātmâśraya [ AtmAzraya ]
- 1.142 ātmêśvara [ Atmezvara ]
- 1.143 ātmôdaya [ Atmodaya ]
- 1.144 ātmôdbhava [ Atmodbhava ]
- 1.145 ātmôpajīvin [ AtmopajIvin ]
- 1.146 ātmôpaniṣad [ AtmopaniSad ]
- 1.147 ātmôpama [ Atmopama ]
- 1.148 ātmaˆupamya [ Atmaupamya ]
ātma [ Atma ]
( in comp. for ātmán
also rarely ifc., e.g. adhy-ātma, adhy-ātmám )
ātma-karman [ Atmakarman ]
n. one's own act
ātma-kāma [ AtmakAma ]
( ātmá- ), mf ( ā ) n. loving one's self, possessed of self-conceit cf. R. ii, 70, 10
loving the supreme spirit cf. ŚBr. xiv ( cf. BṛĀrUp. )
ātma-kāmeya [ AtmakAmeya ]
ās m. pl., N. of a people, ( g. rājanyâdi , q.v. )
°yaka mfn. inhabited by the Ātmakāmeyas cf. ib.
ātma-kārya [ AtmakArya ]
n. one's own business, private affairs.
ātma-kṛta [ AtmakRta ]
( ātmá- ), mfn. done or committed against one's self cf. VS. viii, 13
done of one's self, self-executed cf. R. ii, 46, 23
ātma-krīḍa [ AtmakrIDa ]
mfn. playing with the supreme spirit, NṛsUP.
ātma-gata [ Atmagata ]
mfn. being on itself cf. MBh. xi, 566 ( ed. Bomb
-ruha below )
( am ), ind. ' gone to one's self ', ( in dram. ) aside ( to denote that the words which follow are supposed to be heard by the audience only ) cf. Śak. cf. Mālav. cf. Mṛcch. etc.
ātma-gati [ Atmagati ]
f. one's own way cf. R. i, 76, 24
' course of the soul's existence ', life of the spirit cf. Nir
( °tyā ), instr. ind. by one's own act ( without the intervention of another ) cf. Śak
ātma-guṇa [ AtmaguNa ]
n. virtue of the soul cf. Gaut
ātma-guptā [ AtmaguptA ]
f. the plant Mucuna Pruritus Hook cf. Suśr.
ātma-gupti [ Atmagupti ]
f. the hiding-place of an animal cf. L.
ātma-grāhin [ AtmagrAhin ]
mfn. taking for one's self, selfish cf. L.
ātma-ghāta [ AtmaghAta ]
m. suicide cf. L.
ātma-ghātaka [ AtmaghAtaka ]
m. a suicide
ātma-ghātin [ AtmaghAtin ]
m. id. cf. Yājñ. iii, 21 cf. Kād
ātma-ghoṣa [ AtmaghoSa ]
m. ' uttering one's own name ', a crow cf. L.
a cock cf. L.
ātma-caturtha [ Atmacaturtha ]
mfn. being one's self the fourth one with three others ( N. of Janārdana respecting his four heads ? ) cf. Pāṇ. 6-3, 6
ātma-cchanda-tīrtha [ AtmacchandatIrtha ]
n. N. of a Tirtha cf. SkandaP.
ātma-ja [ Atmaja ]
mfn. self-originated, MBh. xii, 12449
( as ), m. ( ifc. f. ā, R. ) ' born from or begotten by one's self ', a son, Nir. Mn. etc.
N. of the fifth lunar mansion, VarYogay.
( ā ), f. a daughter, MBh. R. etc.
' originating from intellect ', the reasoning faculty, L.
ātma-janman [ Atmajanman ]
n. the birth ( or re-birth ) of one's self, i.e. the birth of a son cf. Kum. vi, 28
( ā ), m. ( = -ja, m. ) a son cf. Ragh. i, 33 ; v, 36
ātma-jña [ AtmajJa ]
mfn. knowing one's self cf. MBh. xii, 12440
knowing the supreme spirit cf. Vedāntas
ātma-jñāna [ AtmajJAna ]
n. self-knowledge cf. MBh. v, 990 and 1167
knowledge of the soul or supreme spirit cf. Mn. xii, 85 and 92 cf. MBh. cf. Vedāntas
ātma-jyotis [ Atmajyotis ]
n. the light of the soul or supreme spirit cf. MBh. xii, 6509
( ātmá-jyotis ), mfn. receiving light from one's self cf. ŚBr. xiv cf. MBh. xii, 783
ātma-tattva [ Atmatattva ]
n. the true nature of the soul or of the supreme spirit cf. ŚvetUp.
( ātmatattva ) -jña mfn. knowing or versed in the Vedānta doctrines cf. L.
ātma-tantra [ Atmatantra ]
n. the basis of self cf. MBh. xiii, 4399
( mfn. ) depending only on one's self, independent cf. BhP. ( cf. sva- tantra. )
ātma-tā [ AtmatA ]
f. essence, nature cf. BhP.
ātma-tṛpta [ AtmatRpta ]
mfn. self-satisfied cf. Bhag. iii, 17
ātma-tyāga [ AtmatyAga ]
m. self-forgetfulness, absence of mind cf. Suśr.
suicide cf. Daś
ātma-tyāgin [ AtmatyAgin ]
mfn. committing suicide cf. Yājñ. iii, 6 [ ātmanas tyāgin cf. Mn. v, 89 ] cf. MBh. iii, 15156
ātma-trāṇa [ AtmatrANa ]
n. a means of saving one's self cf. BhP.
( ātmatrāṇa ) -parigraha m. a body guard cf. R. v, 47, 27
ātma-tva [ Atmatva ]
n. essence, nature cf. Sāh
ātma-dakṣiṇa [ AtmadakSiNa ]
mfn. ( a sacrifice ) in which one offers one's self as Dakshiṇā cf. TāṇḍyaBr.
ātma-darśa [ Atmadarza ]
m. ' self-shower ', a mirror cf. Ragh. vii, 65
ātma-darśana [ Atmadarzana ]
n. seeing the soul of or in ( in comp. ) cf. Yājñ. iii, 157 ( cf. Mn. xii, 91. )
ātma-dā' [ AtmadA ]
mfn. granting breath or life cf. RV. x, 121, 2
ātma-dāna [ AtmadAna ]
n. gift of self, self-sacrifice cf. Kathās
ātma-dū'ṣi [ AtmadUSi ]
mfn. corrupting the soul cf. AV. xvi, 1, 3
ātma-devatā [ AtmadevatA ]
f. a tutelary deity cf. Hcat
ātma-drohin [ Atmadrohin ]
mfn. self-tormenting, fretful cf. L.
ātma-nitya [ Atmanitya ]
mfn. constantly in the heart, greatly endeared to one's self cf. MBh. i, 6080 [ = sva-vaśa cf. Comm. ]
ātma-nindā [ AtmanindA ]
f. self-reproach cf. MBh. ii, 1542
ātma-nivedana [ Atmanivedana ]
n. offering one's self to a deity cf. BhP.
ātma-niṣkráyaṇa [ AtmaniSkrayaNa ]
mfn. ransoming one's self cf. ŚBr. xi cf. KaushBr.
ātma-pa [ Atmapa ]
mfn. guarding one's self cf. BhP.
ātma-pakṣa [ AtmapakSa ]
m. one's own party cf. Hit.
ātma-pañcama [ AtmapaJcama ]
mfn. being one's self the fifth one with four others cf. Pāṇ. 6-3, 5 cf. Pat. cf. Comm.
ātma-parājitá [ AtmaparAjita ]
mfn. one who has lost himself ( at play ) cf. AV. v, 18, 2
ātma-parityāga [ AtmaparityAga ]
m. self-sacrifice cf. Hit.
ātma-pāta [ AtmapAta ]
m. ' descent of the soul ', re-birth cf. BhP.
ātma-pūjā [ AtmapUjA ]
f. self-praise cf. MBh. ii, 1542 cf. Pañcat
ātma-prakāśa [ AtmaprakAza ]
mfn. self-shining, self-luminous cf. NṛsUp.
m. N. of a commentary on cf. VP.
ātma-pratikṛti [ AtmapratikRti ]
f. one's own reflection or image cf. MBh. v, 2222 cf. BhavP. ii
ātma-prabodha [ Atmaprabodha ]
m. ' cognition of soul or supreme spirit ', N. of an Upanishad
ātma-prabha [ Atmaprabha ]
mfn. shining by one's own light, self- illuminated cf. MBh. ( Nala )
ātma-prayojana [ Atmaprayojana ]
mfn. selfish cf. Āp.
ātma-pravāda [ AtmapravAda ]
m. ' dogmas about the soul or supreme spirit ', N. of the seventh of the fourteen Pūrvas or most ancient sacred writings of the Jainas
( ās ), m. pl. ' those who assert the dogmas about the supreme spirit ', N. of a philosophical school cf. Nir. xiii, 9
ātma-praśaṃsaka [ AtmaprazaMsaka ]
mfn. self-praising, boasting cf. MBh. xii, 5400
ātma-praśaṃsā [ AtmaprazaMsA ]
f. self-applause cf. Āp. cf. R.
ātma-praśaṃsin [ AtmaprazaMsin ]
mfn. = -praśaṃsaka, q.v. cf. R.
ātma-prīti [ AtmaprIti ]
f. strong desire to enjoy anything cf. Pāṇ. 7-1, 51
ātma-bandhu [ Atmabandhu ]
m. ' one's own kinsman ', a first cousin or father's sister's son, mother's brother's son, mother's sister's son cf. L.
ātma-buddhi [ Atmabuddhi ]
f. self-knowledge cf. L.
ātma-bodha [ Atmabodha ]
m. ' knowledge of soul or supreme spirit ', N. of wk. of Śaṅkarācārya
of one of the Upanishads of the Atharva-veda
the possession of a knowledge of soul or the supreme spirit
ātma-bhava [ Atmabhava ]
m. becoming or existing of one's self
' mind-born ', N. of Kāma cf. Mcar.
( mfn. ) produced in or caused by one's self cf. R. ii, 64, 69
ātma-bhavāyana [ AtmabhavAyana ]
m. N. of Nārāyaṇa cf. Hariv. 8819 and 12608
ātma-bhāva [ AtmabhAva ]
m. existence of the soul cf. ŚvetUp.
the self, proper or peculiar nature cf. Buddh.
the body cf. ib.
ātma-bhū [ AtmabhU ]
m. ' self-born ', N. of Brahmā cf. Śak. cf. Kum. ii, 53
of Viṣṇu cf. Ragh. x, 21
of Śiva cf. Śak
a Brahman cf. Bhām.
' mind-born ', N. of Kāma cf. BhP.
ātma-bhūta [ AtmabhUta ]
mfn. ' become another's self ', attached to, faithful cf. Mn. vii, 217 cf. R. vii, 83, 5
ātma-bhūya [ AtmabhUya ]
n. peculiarity, own nature cf. AitUp.
ātma-maya [ Atmamaya ]
mf ( ī ) n. issued out from one's own self cf. Nir. vi, 12
ātma-māna [ AtmamAna ]
n. the regarding one's self as ( e.g. learned etc. ) cf. Pāṇ. 3-2, 83
ātma-mūrti [ AtmamUrti ]
mfn. one whose body is the soul cf. RāmatUp.
ātma-mūlī [ AtmamUlI ]
f. ' striking root in self, self-existent ', the plant Alhagi Maurorum cf. L.
ātma-m-bhari [ Atmambhari ]
mfn. self-nourishing, taking care only for one's own person, selfish cf. Pañcat. cf. Hit.
°ri-tva n. selfishness cf. Kathās
ātma-yājín [ AtmayAjin ]
mfn. sacrificing for one's self cf. ŚBr. xi
one who sacrifices himself cf. Mn. xii, 91
ātma-yoga [ Atmayoga ]
m. union with the supreme spirit cf. MBh. iii, 11245
ātma-yoni [ Atmayoni ]
m. ( = -bhū, q.v. ) a N. of Brahmā cf. ŚvetUp.
of Śiva cf. L.
of Viṣṇu cf. Mudr
of Kāma cf. Kum. iii, 70
ātma-rakṣaka [ AtmarakSaka ]
mfn. ' body guard ', protector cf. Jain. [ Prākṛt āya-rakkhaya ]
ātma-rakṣaṇa [ AtmarakSaNa ]
n. taking care of one's self cf. MBh. xii, 5092
ātma-rakṣā [ AtmarakSA ]
f. the plant Trichosanthes Bracteata ( a creeper with poisonous fruit ) cf. L.
ātma-rati [ Atmarati ]
mfn. rejoicing in the supreme spirit cf. NṛsUp.
ātma-ruha [ Atmaruha ]
mfn. growing on itself cf. MBh. xi, 556 ( ed. Calc. )
ātma-lābha [ AtmalAbha ]
m. one's own profit cf. Kāvyâd
acquisition ( of the knowledge ) of the supreme spirit cf. Āp.
coming into existence cf. Comm. on cf. Nyāyad
birth cf. Kād
ātma-vañcaka [ AtmavaJcaka ]
mfn. deceiving one's self cf. BhP.
ātma-vañcanā [ AtmavaJcanA ]
ātma-vat [ Atmavat ]
mfn. having a soul cf. NṛsUp.
self-possessed, composed, prudent cf. Mn. cf. Yājñ. cf. MBh. etc.
ind. like one's self cf. Hit.
( ātmavat ) -tā f. self-possession, self-regard, prudence cf. Mn. xi, 86 cf. Ragh. viii, 83
self-resemblance, proportion, analogy cf. L.
ātma-vadha [ Atmavadha ]
m. suicide cf. MBh. i, 6228
ātma-vadhyā [ AtmavadhyA ]
f. id. cf. ib. 6227
ātma-vaśa [ Atmavaza ]
mfn. dependent on one's own will cf. Mn. iv, 159 seq.
ātma-vikraya [ Atmavikraya ]
m. sale of one's self, i.e. of one's liberty cf. Mn. xi, 59
ātma-víd [ Atmavid ]
mfn. knowing the nature of the soul or supreme spirit cf. ŚBr. xiv cf. Up. cf. MBh.
( ātmavit ) -tā f. = ātma-vidyā' below cf. Ragh. viii , 10
ātma-vidyā' [ AtmavidyA ]
f. knowledge of soul or the supreme spirit cf. ŚBr. x cf. Mn. vii, 43
ātma-vidhitsā [ AtmavidhitsA ]
f. selfishness cf. MBh. v, 1343
ātma-vivṛddhi [ AtmavivRddhi ]
f. self-advantage cf. L.
ātma-vīra [ AtmavIra ]
m. ( = bala-vat ) a mighty man cf. L.
( = prâṇa-vat ) a living being cf. L.
a son cf. L.
a wife's brother cf. L.
the jester in a play cf. L.
ātma-vṛttânta [ AtmavRttAnta ]
m. one's own story, autobiography cf. L.
ātma-vṛtti [ AtmavRtti ]
f. one's own circumstances cf. Ragh. ii, 33
ātma-vṛddhi [ AtmavRddhi ]
f. = vivṛddhi, q.v.
ātma-śakti [ Atmazakti ]
f. one's own power or effort cf. Pañcat. ( cf. Hit. )
ātma-śalyā [ AtmazalyA ]
f. the plant Asparagus Racemosus Willd. cf. L.
ātma-śuddhi [ Atmazuddhi ]
f. self-purification cf. Mn. xi, 164 cf. Bhag. v, 11
ātma-ślāgha [ AtmazlAgha ]
mfn. self-praising, boasting cf. Veṇis
ātma-ślāghin [ AtmazlAghin ]
mfn. self-praising cf. BhP.
ātma-saṃyama [ AtmasaMyama ]
m. self-restraint cf. Bhag. iv, 27
ātma-saṃstha [ AtmasaMstha ]
mf ( ā ) n. based on or connected with the person cf. Mālav
ātma-sád [ Atmasad ]
mfn. dwelling in ( my- ) self cf. AV. v, 9, 8
ātma-sáni [ Atmasani ]
mfn. granting the breath of life cf. VS. xix, 48
ātma-saṃtāna [ AtmasaMtAna ]
m. ' one's own offspring ', a son cf. Mn. iii, 185
ātma-saṃdeha [ AtmasaMdeha ]
m. personal risk cf. Hit.
ātma-sama [ Atmasama ]
m. equal to one's self
( ātmasama ) -tāṃ√ nī, to render any one ( acc. ) equal to one's self, Ratnāv
ātma-samarpaṇa [ AtmasamarpaNa ]
n. = -nivedana above cf. BhP.
ātma-sambhava [ Atmasambhava ]
m. ( = -ja ) a son cf. MBh. i, 6651 cf. R. cf. Ragh
N. of Kāma cf. Kād
( ā ), f. a daughter cf. R.
ātma-sambhāvanā [ AtmasambhAvanA ]
f. self-conceit cf. Kād
ātma-sammita [ Atmasammita ]
( ātmá- ), mfn. corresponding to the person cf. ŚBr. vi-x
resembling the soul or supreme spirit cf. ChUp.
ātma-sācín [ AtmasAcin ]
m. one's own companion cf. Suparṇ
ātma-sāt [ AtmasAt ]
-karoti ( ind. p. -kṛtvā cf. MBh. iii, 493 and 496
-kṛtya cf. BhP. ) to make one's own, attract, turn to one's self, acquire or gain for one's self
to cause to become one with the supreme spirit cf. NṛsUp.
ātma-sukha [ Atmasukha ]
m. N. of a man
ātma-stava [ Atmastava ]
m. self-praise cf. R. iii, 35, 22
ātma-stuti [ Atmastuti ]
f. id. ( cf. stutīr [ acc. pl. ] ātmanaḥ cf. Rājat. )
ātma-spáraṇa [ AtmasparaNa ]
mfn. saving the person cf. TS. vi cf. TBr. ii
ātma-hatyā [ AtmahatyA ]
f. suicide cf. Prab
ātma-han [ Atmahan ]
mfn. one who kills his soul, i.e. does not care about the welfare of his soul, äśaUp. cf. BhP.
( ā ), m. a suicide cf. MBh. i, 6839
a priest in a temple attendant upon an idol ( the priest subsisting by appropriating to himself offerings to deities for which future punishment is assigned ) cf. L.
ātma-hanana [ Atmahanana ]
n. suicide cf. L.
ātma-hita [ Atmahita ]
mfn. beneficial to one's self
( am ), n. one's own profit cf. L.
ātma-hitāyana [ AtmahitAyana ]
m. = -bhavāyana, q.v. cf. Hariv. 12608
ātmâdiṣṭa [ AtmAdiSTa ]
m. ' self-dictated ', a treaty dictated by the party wishing it himself cf. L.
ātmâdhika [ AtmAdhika ]
mf ( ā ) n. ' more than one's self ', dearer than one's self. cf. Kathās
ātmâdhīna [ AtmAdhIna ]
mfn. depending on one's own will cf. Āp. cf. Śārṅg
one whose existence depends on the breath or on the principle of animal life, sentient cf. L.
m. a son cf. L.
a wife's brother cf. L. : the jester in a play cf. L. ( cf. ātma-vīra and ātmanīna. )
ātmânanda [ AtmAnanda ]
mfn. rejoicing in the soul or supreme spirit cf. NṛsUp.
ātmânapekṣa [ AtmAnapekSa ]
mfn. not regarding one's self, not selfish cf. Kathās
ātmâparādha [ AtmAparAdha ]
m. one's own offence, personal transgression cf. R. v, 79, 5 cf. Hit.
ātmâpahāra [ AtmApahAra ]
m. ' taking away self ', concealing of self, dissimulation, apa-hāra
-ka mfn. self-concealing, dissembling, pretending to belong to a higher class than one's own cf. Mn. iv, 255
ātmâpahārin [ AtmApahArin ]
mfn. self-deceiving, self-concealing, dissembling cf. MBh. i, 3014 ( = v, 1611 )
ātmâbhimāni-tā [ AtmAbhimAnitA ]
f. self-respect cf. MBh. iii, 17379
ātmâbhilāṣa [ AtmAbhilASa ]
m. the soul's desire cf. Megh
ātmâmiṣa [ AtmAmiSa ]
m. a peace made after having sacrificed one's own army cf. Kām
ātmârāma [ AtmArAma ]
mfn. rejoicing in one's self or in the supreme spirit cf. BhP. etc.
ātmârtham [ AtmArtham ]
ind. for the sake of one's self cf. Kathās
ātmârthe [ AtmArthe ]
ind. id. cf. MBh.
ātmâśin [ AtmAzin ]
m. ' self-eater ', a fish ( supposed to eat its young ) cf. L.
ātmâśraya [ AtmAzraya ]
m. dependence, on self or on the supreme spirit
ātmâśrayôpaniṣad f. N. of an Upanishad
ātmêśvara [ Atmezvara ]
m. master of one's self cf. Kum. iii, 40
ātmôdaya [ Atmodaya ]
m. self-advantage or elevation cf. L.
ātmôdbhava [ Atmodbhava ]
m. ( = ātma-sambhava ) a son cf. Ragh. xviii, 11
( ā ), f. a daughter cf. L.
the plant Glycine Debilis Roxb. cf. L.
ātmôpajīvin [ AtmopajIvin ]
mfn. living by one's own labour cf. Mn. vii, 138 ; viii, 362 [ ' one who lives by his wife ' cf. Comm. ] cf. Gaut
ātmôpaniṣad [ AtmopaniSad ]
f. N. of an Upanishad
ātmôpama [ Atmopama ]
mfn. like one's self
ātmaˆupamya [ Atmaupamya ]
n. ' likeness to self ', instr. °myena, by analogy to one's self cf. Hit.