Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 बाण bāṇá [ bANa ]
- 1.1 bāṇá-gaṅgā [ bANagaGgA ]
- 1.2 bāṇá-gocara [ bANagocara ]
- 1.3 bāṇá-jit [ bANajit ]
- 1.4 bāṇá-tā [ bANatA ]
- 1.5 bāṇá-tūṇa [ bANatUNa ]
- 1.6 bāṇá-dhi [ bANadhi ]
- 1.7 bāṇá-nāśā [ bANanAzA ]
- 1.8 bāṇá-nikṛta [ bANanikRta ]
- 1.9 bāṇá-pañcânana [ bANapaJcAnana ]
- 1.10 bāṇá-patha [ bANapatha ]
- 1.11 bāṇá-parṇi [ bANaparNi ]
- 1.12 bāṇá-pāṇi [ bANapANi ]
- 1.13 bāṇá-pāta [ bANapAta ]
- 1.14 bāṇá-puṅkhā [ bANapuGkhA ]
- 1.15 bāṇá-pur [ bANapur ]
- 1.16 bāṇá-pura [ bANapura ]
- 1.17 bāṇá-bhaṭṭa [ bANabhaTTa ]
- 1.18 bāṇá-maya [ bANamaya ]
- 1.19 bāṇá-mukti [ bANamukti ]
- 1.20 bāṇá-mokṣaṇa [ bANamokSaNa ]
- 1.21 bāṇá-mukha [ bANamukha ]
- 1.22 bāṇá-yojana [ bANayojana ]
- 1.23 bāṇá-rekhā [ bANarekhA ]
- 1.24 bāṇá-liṅga [ bANaliGga ]
- 1.25 bāṇá-vat [ bANavat ]
- 1.26 bāṇá-varṣaṇa [ bANavarSaNa ]
- 1.27 bāṇá-vṛṣṭi [ bANavRSTi ]
- 1.28 bāṇá-varṣin [ bANavarSin ]
- 1.29 bāṇá-vāra [ bANavAra ]
- 1.30 bāṇá-saṃdhāna [ bANasaMdhAna ]
- 1.31 bāṇá-siddhi [ bANasiddhi ]
- 1.32 bāṇá-śutā [ bANazutA ]
- 1.33 bāṇá-han [ bANahan ]
- 1.34 bāṇāparnī [ bANAparnI ]
- 1.35 bāṇâbhyāsa [ bANAbhyAsa ]
- 1.36 bāṇâri [ bANAri ]
- 1.37 bāṇâvali [ bANAvali ]
- 1.38 bāṇâśraya [ bANAzraya ]
- 1.39 bāṇâsana [ bANAsana ]
- 1.40 bāṇâsura [ bANAsura ]
- 1.41 bāṇêśvara [ bANezvara ]
बाण bāṇá [ bANa ]
or vāṇá ( cf. RV. ), bā'ṇa ( cf. AV.
later more usually vāṇa, q.v. ), m. a reed-shaft, shaft made of a reed, an arrow cf. RV. etc.
N. of the number five ( from the 5 arrows of Kāma-deva ; pañca-b° ). cf. Sūryas. cf. Sāh
the versed sine of an arc cf. Gaṇit
a mark for arrows, aim cf. BhP.
a partic. part of an arrow cf. L.
Saccharum Sara or a similar species of reed cf. Bhpr.
the udder of a cow ( vāṇá cf. RV. iv, 24, 9 ) cf. L.
N. of an Asura ( a, son of Bali, an enemy of Viṣṇu and favourite of Śiva ) cf. MBh. cf. Pur.
of one of Skanda's attendants cf. MBh.
of a king cf. Hariv.
( also -bhaṭṭa ) of a poet ( the author of the Kādambarī, of the Harsha-carita, and perhaps of the Ratnâvalī ) cf. Cat.
of a man of low origin cf. Rājat
m. ( cf. Śiś ) or ( ā ), f. ( cf. L. ) a blue-flowering Barleria
( ā ), f. the hind part or feathered end of an arrow cf. L.
n. the flower of Barleria cf. Kir. cf. Śiś.
the body cf. PraśnUp.
bāṇá-gaṅgā [ bANagaGgA ]
f. ' arrow Ganges ', N. of a river flowing past Som^eśa ( and said to have been produced by Rāvaṇa by cleaving a mountain with an arrow ) cf. VarP.
bāṇá-gocara [ bANagocara ]
m. the range of an arrow cf. MBh. cf. Mālatīm
bāṇá-jit [ bANajit ]
m. ' conqueror of the Asura Bāṇa ', N. of Viṣṇu cf. L.
bāṇá-tā [ bANatA ]
f. the being an arrow cf. Kum
bāṇá-tūṇa [ bANatUNa ]
m. arrow-quiver ', ' a quiver
°ṇī-kṛta mfn. made into a quiver cf. Kathās
bāṇá-dhi [ bANadhi ]
m. ' arrow-receptacle ', a quiver cf. MBh.
bāṇá-nāśā [ bANanAzA ]
f. N. of a river cf. Cat.
bāṇá-nikṛta [ bANanikRta ]
mfn. pierced or wounded by an arrow cf. W.
bāṇá-pañcânana [ bANapaJcAnana ]
m. N. of a Poet cf. Cat.
bāṇá-patha [ bANapatha ]
m. arrow-path, a bow-shot
-vartin, v.l. for -pāta-v° below
°thâtîta mfn. passed beyond the range of an arrow cf. Vikr
bāṇá-parṇi [ bANaparNi ]
f. N. of a plant cf. Kauś
bāṇá-pāṇi [ bANapANi ]
mfn. ' arrow-handed ', armed with arrows cf. W.
bāṇá-pāta [ bANapAta ]
m. ' arrow-fall ', the range of an arrow
-vartin mfn. being within the range of an arrow cf. Śak. ( v.l. - patha-v° )
bāṇá-puṅkhā [ bANapuGkhA ]
f. the feathered end of an arrow cf. MW.
N. of a plant resembling the Indigo plant cf. L.
bāṇá-pur [ bANapur ]
f. or the capital of the Asura Bāṇa cf. L.
bāṇá-pura [ bANapura ]
n. the capital of the Asura Bāṇa cf. L.
bāṇá-bhaṭṭa [ bANabhaTTa ]
m. N. of the author Bāṇa cf. Cat.
bāṇá-maya [ bANamaya ]
mf ( ī ) n. consisting of arrows, arrowy cf. MBh.
bāṇá-mukti [ bANamukti ]
f. or discharge of an arrow cf. L.
bāṇá-mokṣaṇa [ bANamokSaNa ]
n. discharge of an arrow cf. L.
bāṇá-mukha [ bANamukha ]
( bā'ṇa- ), mfn. having arrow in the mouth cf. Suparṇ
bāṇá-yojana [ bANayojana ]
n. ' arrow-union ', a quiver cf. Pañcat
bāṇá-rekhā [ bANarekhA ]
f. ' arrow-line ', a long wound made by an arrow cf. R.
bāṇá-liṅga [ bANaliGga ]
n. a white stone found in the Narmadā river and worshipped as the Liṅga of Śiva cf. RTL. 69
( bā'ṇa- ), mfn. ' made of or containing reed ', an arrow cf. ŚBr. cf. ŚrS.
a quiver cf. VS. cf. ŚBr.
f. a shower of arrows or darts cf. MW.
mfn. showering arrows cf. Ragh
m. a multitude of arrow cf. L.
n. a breastplate, armour cf. ib.
bāṇá-saṃdhāna [ bANasaMdhAna ]
n. the fitting of an arrow to the bow- string cf. Śak
bāṇá-siddhi [ bANasiddhi ]
f. the hitting of a mark by an arrow cf. Kām
bāṇá-śutā [ bANazutA ]
f. ' daughter of Bāṇa ', N. of Usha ( the wife of Aniruddha ) cf. L.
bāṇá-han [ bANahan ]
m. ' slayer of Bāṇa ', name of Viṣṇu cf. L.
bāṇāparnī [ bANAparnI ]
w.r. for °Na-p°, q.v.
bāṇâbhyāsa [ bANAbhyAsa ]
m. ' arrow-throwing ', archery cf. L.
bāṇâri [ bANAri ]
m. ' enemy of Bāṇa ', id. cf. L.
bāṇâvali [ bANAvali ]
f. a series of 5 Ślokas ( containing only one sentence ) cf. Kāvyâd. cf. Sch.
bāṇâśraya [ bANAzraya ]
m. ' arrow-receptacle ', a quiver cf. L.
bāṇâsana [ bANAsana ]
n. ' arrow-discharger ', a bow cf. Śak
a bow-string cf. L.
°nī-√ kṛ, to make into a bow cf. Hariv.
bāṇâsura [ bANAsura ]
bāṇêśvara [ bANezvara ]
m. N. of a Liṅga ( prob. = bāṇa-l° ) cf. Cat.
N. of sev. authors cf. ib.