Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 bahiṣ [ bahiS ]
- 1.1 bahiṣ-karaṇa [ bahiSkaraNa ]
- 1.2 bahiṣ-karman [ bahiSkarman ]
- 1.3 bahiṣ-kāra [ bahiSkAra ]
- 1.4 bahiṣ-kārya [ bahiSkArya ]
- 1.5 bahiṣ-kuṭī-cara [ bahiSkuTIcara ]
- 1.6 bahiṣ-kṛta [ bahiSkRta ]
- 1.7 bahiṣ-kṛti [ bahiSkRti ]
- 1.8 bahiṣ-kratu [ bahiSkratu ]
- 1.9 bahiṣ-kriya [ bahiSkriya ]
- 1.10 bahiṣ-kriyā [ bahiSkriyA ]
- 1.11 bahiṣ-tva [ bahiStva ]
- 1.12 bahiṣ-paṭa [ bahiSpaTa ]
- 1.13 bahiṣ-patnī-saṃyāja [ bahiSpatnIsaMyAja ]
- 1.14 bahiṣ-pathám [ bahiSpatham ]
- 1.15 bahiṣ-paridhí [ bahiSparidhi ]
- 1.16 bahiṣ-pavamāná [ bahiSpavamAna ]
- 1.17 bahiṣ-pavitrá [ bahiSpavitra ]
- 1.18 bahiṣ-piṇḍa [ bahiSpiNDa ]
- 1.19 bahiṣ-prajña [ bahiSprajJa ]
- 1.20 bahiṣ-prākāra [ bahiSprAkAra ]
- 1.21 bahiṣ-prâṇa [ bahiSprANa ]
bahiṣ [ bahiS ]
in comp. for bahis
bahiṣ-karaṇa [ bahiSkaraNa ]
n. expulsion, exclusion from ( abl. ) cf. Kāś. on cf. Pāṇ. 2-4, 10
an external organ ( opp. to antaḥ-k° ) cf. Kām
bahiṣ-karman [ bahiSkarman ]
n. a sacred rite performed outside the sacrificial place cf. ŚāṅkhŚr.
bahiṣ-kāra [ bahiSkAra ]
m. expulsion, removal cf. L.
bahiṣ-kārya [ bahiSkArya ]
mfn. to be removed or excluded from ( abl. ) cf. Mn. ii, 11 ; 103
bahiṣ-kuṭī-cara [ bahiSkuTIcara ]
m. a crab ( cf. bahiś-cara )
bahiṣ-kṛta [ bahiSkRta ]
mfn. turned out, expelled or excluded from, rejected or abandoned by ( abl. or comp. ) cf. Mn. cf. MBh. etc.
shut off by = dwelling beyond ( instr. ) cf. MBh.
restraining or free from, deprived or destitute of ( comp. ) cf. MBh. cf. Kathās. cf. Rājat
become apparent, embodied, manifest cf. Kathās
bahiṣ-kṛti [ bahiSkRti ]
f. = -kāra cf. L.
bahiṣ-kratu [ bahiSkratu ]
ind. outside or apart from the sacrifice cf. ĀpŚr. cf. Sch.
bahiṣ-kriya [ bahiSkriya ]
mfn. excluded from sacred rites cf. MārkP.
bahiṣ-kriyā [ bahiSkriyA ]
f. an outer act external rite or ceremony cf. MBh.
bahiṣ-tva [ bahiStva ]
n. outwardness, the being external cf. Pat.
bahiṣ-paṭa [ bahiSpaTa ]
m. = -vāsas cf. Cat.
bahiṣ-patnī-saṃyāja [ bahiSpatnIsaMyAja ]
n. being outside the Patnī- saṃyāja ( s.v. ) cf. Lāṭy. ( -tva n. )
bahiṣ-pathám [ bahiSpatham ]
ind. outside the road cf. MaitrS.
bahiṣ-paridhí [ bahiSparidhi ]
ind. outside the enclosure cf. TS. cf. ŚBr. cf. KātyŚr.
bahiṣ-pavamāná [ bahiSpavamAna ]
m. N. of a Stoma or Stotra ( generally consisting of 3 Tricas and sung outside the Vedi during the morning libation ) cf. TS. cf. Br. cf. ŚrS. cf. ChUp.
( ī ), f. ( scil. stotriyā i.e. ṛc ) its single verses cf. PañcavBr.
°nâstāva m. the place where the Bahish Stotra is sung cf. ĀpŚr.
bahiṣ-pavitrá [ bahiSpavitra ]
mfn. destitute of or wanting the Pavitra ( s.v. ) cf. Śr.
bahiṣ-piṇḍa [ bahiSpiNDa ]
mfn. having the knots outside cf. KātyŚr.
bahiṣ-prajña [ bahiSprajJa ]
mfn. one whose knowledge is directed towards external objects cf. Up.
bahiṣ-prākāra [ bahiSprAkAra ]
m. an outer wall or rampart cf. MBh.
bahiṣ-prâṇa [ bahiSprANa ]
m. external breath or life, anything near the heart or as dear as life cf. R.
money cf. BhP.
( °híṣ- ), mfn. one whose breath or life is outside cf. TS.