Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 bándhu [ bandhu ]
- 1.1 bándhu-kāma [ bandhukAma ]
- 1.2 bándhu-kṛt [ bandhukRt ]
- 1.3 bándhu-kṛtya [ bandhukRtya ]
- 1.4 bándhu-kṣít [ bandhukSit ]
- 1.5 bándhu-jana [ bandhujana ]
- 1.6 bándhu-jīva [ bandhujIva ]
- 1.7 bándhu-jīvaka [ bandhujIvaka ]
- 1.8 bándhu-jīvin [ bandhujIvin ]
- 1.9 bándhu-tā [ bandhutA ]
- 1.10 bándhu-tva [ bandhutva ]
- 1.11 bándhu-dagdha [ bandhudagdha ]
- 1.12 bándhu-datta [ bandhudatta ]
- 1.13 bándhu-dāyâda [ bandhudAyAda ]
- 1.14 bándhu-pati [ bandhupati ]
- 1.15 bándhu-pāla [ bandhupAla ]
- 1.16 bándhu-pālita [ bandhupAlita ]
- 1.17 bándhu-puṣpamāla [ bandhupuSpamAla ]
- 1.18 bándhu-pṛ'ch [ bandhupRch ]
- 1.19 bándhu-prabha [ bandhuprabha ]
- 1.20 bándhu-priya [ bandhupriya ]
- 1.21 bándhu-prīti [ bandhuprIti ]
- 1.22 bándhu-bhāva [ bandhubhAva ]
- 1.23 bándhu-bhāṣita [ bandhubhASita ]
- 1.24 bándhu-mat [ bandhumat ]
- 1.25 bándhu-mitra [ bandhumitra ]
- 1.26 bándhu-vañcaka [ bandhuvaJcaka ]
- 1.27 bándhu-vat [ bandhuvat ]
- 1.28 bándhu-vat [ bandhuvat ]
- 1.29 bándhu-varga [ bandhuvarga ]
- 1.30 bándhu-hīna [ bandhuhIna ]
- 1.31 bandhv-eṣá [ bandhveSa ]
bándhu [ bandhu ]
m. connection, relation, association cf. RV. etc. ( ifc. with f. ū = belonging to, coming under the head of, i.e. ' being only in name '
cf. kṣatra-, dvija-b° etc.
' resembling ' cf. Bālar. v, 56/57, ' frequented by ' cf. ib. iii, 20, ' favourable for ' cf. ib. iv, 87 ; Pāṇ. 6-1, 14 ).
respect, reference ( kena bandhunā ' in what respect ? ' ) cf. ŚBr.
kinship, kindred cf. Mn. ii, 136
a kinsman ( esp. on the mother's side ), relative, kindred cf. RV. etc. ( in law, a cognate kinsman in a remote degree, one subsequent in right of inheritance to the Sa-gotra
three kinds are enumerated, personal, paternal and maternal )
a friend ( opp. to ripu ) cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. cf. BhP.
a husband cf. Ragh
a brother cf. L.
Pentapetes Phoenicea cf. L. ( = bandhūka )
N. of a metre cf. Col.
( in astrol. ) of the fourth mansion cf. Var
of a Ṛṣi with the patr. Gaupāyana or Laupāyana ( author of cf. RV. v, 24 and x, 5660 ) cf. RAnukr.
of Manmatha cf. L.
bándhu-kāma [ bandhukAma ]
mfn. loving relations or friends cf. MBh.
bándhu-kṛt [ bandhukRt ]
bándhu-kṛtya [ bandhukRtya ]
n. the duty of a kinsman, friendly service cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. cf. Pur.
bándhu-kṣít [ bandhukSit ]
mfn. dwelling among relations cf. RV.
bándhu-jana [ bandhujana ]
m. a kinsman, friend cf. Bhartṛ
kinsfolk, relations cf. MBh. cf. R.
bándhu-jīva [ bandhujIva ]
m. ' living in groups ', Pentapetes Phoenicea ( a plant with a red flower which opens at midday and withers away the next morning )
n. its flower cf. Kāv. cf. Suśr.
°vâbhitāmra mfn. deep-red like the blossom of Pentapetes Phoenicea cf. Hariv.
bándhu-jīvaka [ bandhujIvaka ]
m. = prec. m. cf. Suśr.
N. of a Cakra-vartin cf. Kathās
bándhu-jīvin [ bandhujIvin ]
m. a kind of ruby cf. L.
bándhu-tā [ bandhutA ]
( °dhú- ), f. connection, relation, kinship cf. RV. cf. TS. cf. Br.
relations, kinsfolk cf. Mālatīm
bándhu-tva [ bandhutva ]
n. relationship, affinity cf. R.
bándhu-dagdha [ bandhudagdha ]
mfn. ' cursed by relations ', an abandoned wretch ( = hataka ) cf. L.
bándhu-datta [ bandhudatta ]
mfn. ' given by relations ' cf. Yājñ.
m. N. of a man cf. W.
( ā ), f. N. of a woman cf. Kathās
bándhu-dāyâda [ bandhudAyAda ]
m. kinsman and heir cf. Mn. ix, 158
mfn. entitled to inheritance by relationship cf. MBh.
bándhu-pati [ bandhupati ]
m. lord of kindred or relations, g. aśvapaty-ādi
bándhu-pāla [ bandhupAla ]
m. ' kindred-protector ', N. of a man cf. Daś
bándhu-pālita [ bandhupAlita ]
m. ' kindred-protected ', N. of a prince cf. VP.
bándhu-puṣpamāla [ bandhupuSpamAla ]
mfn. wearing a chaplet of Bandhu flowers cf. MW.
bándhu-pṛ'ch [ bandhupRch ]
mfn. seeking or caring for relations cf. RV. iii, 54, 16 ( cf. pṛṣṭa-bandhu )
bándhu-prabha [ bandhuprabha ]
m. N. of a Vidyā-dhara cf. Kathās
bándhu-priya [ bandhupriya ]
mfn. dear to friends or relations cf. MBh.
bándhu-prīti [ bandhuprIti ]
f. love of friends or relations cf. Megh
bándhu-bhāva [ bandhubhAva ]
m. relationship, friendship cf. Kathās
bándhu-bhāṣita [ bandhubhASita ]
n. the talk or speech of relations cf. MW.
bándhu-mat [ bandhumat ]
( bándhu- ), mfn. having relations cf. RV. etc.
surrounded by relations cf. Ragh
N. of a king cf. Pur.
of another man cf. Cat.
( atī ), f. N. of sev. women cf. Daś. cf. Kathās
of a town cf. Divyâv
°tīyaka mfn. belonging to this town cf. ib.
bándhu-mitra [ bandhumitra ]
m. ' friend of relations ', N. of a man cf. Kathās
bándhu-vañcaka [ bandhuvaJcaka ]
m. ' deceiver of relations ', N. of a Vidūshaka cf. Dhūrtas. -1
bándhu-vat [ bandhuvat ]
mfn. having relations cf. MW. -2
bándhu-vat [ bandhuvat ]
ind. like a relations cf. Mn.
bándhu-varga [ bandhuvarga ]
m. the whole body of relations, kindred cf. MW.
bándhu-hīna [ bandhuhIna ]
mfn. destitute of relations, friendless cf. W.
bandhv-eṣá [ bandhveSa ]
m. inquiring after kindred cf. RV.