Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 bhartṛ' [ bhartR ]
- 1.1 bhartṛ'-guṇa [ bhartRguNa ]
- 1.2 bhartṛ'-ghna [ bhartRghna ]
- 1.3 bhartṛ'-cittā [ bhartRcittA ]
- 1.4 bhartṛ'-jaya [ bhartRjaya ]
- 1.5 bhartṛ'-tā [ bhartRtA ]
- 1.6 bhartṛ'-tva [ bhartRtva ]
- 1.7 bhartṛ'-darśana [ bhartRdarzana ]
- 1.8 bhartṛ'-dāraka [ bhartRdAraka ]
- 1.9 bhartṛ'-duhitṛ [ bhartRduhitR ]
- 1.10 bhartṛ'-dṛḍha-vratā [ bhartRdRDhavratA ]
- 1.11 bhartṛ'-devatā [ bhartRdevatA ]
- 1.12 bhartṛ'-daivatā [ bhartRdaivatA ]
- 1.13 bhartṛ'-prâpti-vrata [ bhartRprAptivrata ]
- 1.14 bhartṛ'-priya [ bhartRpriya ]
- 1.15 bhartṛ'-bhakta [ bhartRbhakta ]
- 1.16 bhartṛ'-matī [ bhartRmatI ]
- 1.17 bhartṛ'-meṇṭha [ bhartRmeNTha ]
- 1.18 bhartṛ'-yajña [ bhartRyajJa ]
- 1.19 bhartṛ'-rājyâpaharaṇa [ bhartRrAjyApaharaNa ]
- 1.20 bhartṛ'-rūpa [ bhartRrUpa ]
- 1.21 bhartṛ'-loka [ bhartRloka ]
- 1.22 bhartṛ'-vatsalā [ bhartRvatsalA ]
- 1.23 bhartṛ'-vallabha-tā [ bhartRvallabhatA ]
- 1.24 bhartṛ'-vyatikrama [ bhartRvyatikrama ]
- 1.25 bhartṛ'-vyasana-piḍita [ bhartRvyasanapiDita ]
- 1.26 bhartṛ'-vrata [ bhartRvrata ]
- 1.27 bhartṛ'-śoka [ bhartRzoka ]
- 1.28 bhartṛ'-sāt [ bhartRsAt ]
- 1.29 bhartṛ'-sārasvata [ bhartRsArasvata ]
- 1.30 bhartṛ'-sthāna [ bhartRsthAna ]
- 1.31 bhartṛ'-sneha [ bhartRsneha ]
- 1.32 bhartṛ'-svāmin [ bhartRsvAmin ]
- 1.33 bhartṛ'-hari [ bhartRhari ]
- 1.34 bhartṛ'-hārya-dhana [ bhartRhAryadhana ]
- 1.35 bhartṛ'-hīna [ bhartRhIna ]
- 1.36 bhartṛ'-hema [ bhartRhema ]
- 1.37 bhartrīśvara [ bhartrIzvara ]
bhartṛ' [ bhartR ]
m. ( once in cf. ŚBr. bhártṛ ) a bearer [ cf. Lat. fertor ], one who bears or carries or maintains ( with gen. or ifc. ) cf. RV. cf. ŚBr. cf. MBh.
a preserver, protector, maintainer, chief, lord, master cf. RV. etc. ( trī' f. a female supporter or nourisher, a mother cf. AV. cf. Kauś. cf. TBr. )
( bhártṛ ), m. a husband cf. RV. v, 58, 7 cf. Mn. cf. MBh. etc.
bhartṛ'-guṇa [ bhartRguNa ]
m. the excellence or virtue of a husband cf. Mn. ix , 24
bhartṛ'-ghna [ bhartRghna ]
mfn. murdering a master or supporter ( - tva n. ) cf. MBh.
( ī ), f. a woman who murders her husband cf. Yājñ.
bhartṛ'-cittā [ bhartRcittA ]
f. thinking of a husband cf. Kathās
bhartṛ'-jaya [ bhartRjaya ]
m. ruling a husband cf. Rājat
bhartṛ'-tā [ bhartRtA ]
f. ( cf. W. ),
bhartṛ'-tva [ bhartRtva ]
n. ( cf. MBh. etc. ) master-hood, husbandship
°tāṃgata mfn. subject, married cf. W.
bhartṛ'-darśana [ bhartRdarzana ]
n. the sight of a husband
-kāṅkṣā f. desire of seeing a husband cf. Ml.
-lālasa mfn. longing to see a husband cf. MBh.
bhartṛ'-dāraka [ bhartRdAraka ]
m. a king's son, crown prince ( esp. in dram. ) cf. Sāh
( ikā ), f. princess cf. Mālav. cf. Kād
bhartṛ'-duhitṛ [ bhartRduhitR ]
f. = prec. f. cf. Kād
bhartṛ'-dṛḍha-vratā [ bhartRdRDhavratA ]
f. strictly faithful to a husband cf. MW.
bhartṛ'-devatā [ bhartRdevatA ]
or f. idolising a husband cf. Hariv.
bhartṛ'-daivatā [ bhartRdaivatA ]
f. idolising a husband cf. Hariv.
bhartṛ'-prâpti-vrata [ bhartRprAptivrata ]
n. a partic. observance performed to obtain a husband cf. Cat.
bhartṛ'-priya [ bhartRpriya ]
mfn. devoted to one's master cf. Mālav
bhartṛ'-bhakta [ bhartRbhakta ]
mfn. id. cf. Kāvyâd
bhartṛ'-matī [ bhartRmatI ]
f. possessing a husband, a married woman cf. Śak
bhartṛ'-meṇṭha [ bhartRmeNTha ]
m. N. of a poet ( -tā f. ), Pracaṇḍ
bhartṛ'-yajña [ bhartRyajJa ]
m. N. of an author cf. Cat.
bhartṛ'-rājyâpaharaṇa [ bhartRrAjyApaharaNa ]
n. seizure of a husband's kingdom cf. Pañcat
bhartṛ'-rūpa [ bhartRrUpa ]
mfn. having the form of a husband cf. Kathās
bhartṛ'-loka [ bhartRloka ]
m. the husband's world ( in a future life ) cf. Mn. v, 165
bhartṛ'-vatsalā [ bhartRvatsalA ]
f. tender to a husband cf. Mālav
bhartṛ'-vallabha-tā [ bhartRvallabhatA ]
f. the being loved by a husband cf. Kālid
bhartṛ'-vyatikrama [ bhartRvyatikrama ]
m. transgression against a husband cf. Āpast
bhartṛ'-vyasana-piḍita [ bhartRvyasanapiDita ]
mfn. afflicted by a husband's or master's calamity cf. MBh.
bhartṛ'-vrata [ bhartRvrata ]
n. devotion to a husband cf. Hariv. ( -cāriṇī f. faithful to a husband cf. R. )
( °tā ), f. = °ta-cāriṇī cf. MBh.
°tā-tva n. fidelity to a husband cf. R.
bhartṛ'-śoka [ bhartRzoka ]
m. grief for a husband or lord
-para mfn. absorbed in it cf. MBh.
-parîtâṅgin mfn. whose limbs are affected by it cf. ib.
°kâbhipīḍita mfn. afflicted by it cf. ib.
bhartṛ'-sāt [ bhartRsAt ]
ind. to a husband
-kṛtā f. a married woman cf. Yājñ.
bhartṛ'-sārasvata [ bhartRsArasvata ]
m. N. of a poet cf. Cat.
bhartṛ'-sthāna [ bhartRsthAna ]
n. N. of a place of pilgrimage cf. MBh.
bhartṛ'-sneha [ bhartRsneha ]
m. love of a husband
-parîta mfn. filled with love to a husband cf. R.
bhartṛ'-svāmin [ bhartRsvAmin ]
m. N. of the poet Bhaṭṭi cf. Cat.
bhartṛ'-hari [ bhartRhari ]
m. N. of a well-known poet and grammarian ( of the 7th century A. D.
author of 300 moral, political, and religious maxims comprised in 3 Śatakas, and of the Vākyapadīya and other gram. wks., and according to some also of the Bhaṭṭi-kāvya )
-śataka n. N. of husband's collection of couplets ( cf. above and cf. IW. 533 )
bhartṛ'-hārya-dhana [ bhartRhAryadhana ]
mfn. ( a slave ) whose possessions may be taken by his master cf. Mn. viii, 417
bhartṛ'-hīna [ bhartRhIna ]
mfn. abandoned by a husband or lord cf. MBh.
bhartṛ'-hema [ bhartRhema ]
m. = -hari cf. Cat.
bhartrīśvara [ bhartrIzvara ]
( °tṛ + īśv° ), m. N. of an author cf. Gaṇar