Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 भव bhavá [ bhava ]
- 1.1 bhavá-kalpa [ bhavakalpa ]
- 1.2 bhavá-kāntāra [ bhavakAntAra ]
- 1.3 bhavá-ketu [ bhavaketu ]
- 1.4 bhavá-kṣiti [ bhavakSiti ]
- 1.5 bhavá-khāmi [ bhavakhAmi ]
- 1.6 bhavá-grāmīṇa-vādyôkta [ bhavagrAmINavAdyokta ]
- 1.7 bhavá-ghasmara [ bhavaghasmara ]
- 1.8 bhavá-candra [ bhavacandra ]
- 1.9 bhavá-cchid [ bhavacchid ]
- 1.10 bhavá-cchada [ bhavacchada ]
- 1.11 bhavá-jala [ bhavajala ]
- 1.12 bhavá-trāta [ bhavatrAta ]
- 1.13 bhavá-datta [ bhavadatta ]
- 1.14 bhavá-dā [ bhavadA ]
- 1.15 bhavá-dāru [ bhavadAru ]
- 1.16 bhavá-deva [ bhavadeva ]
- 1.17 bhavá-nanda [ bhavananda ]
- 1.18 bhavá-nandana [ bhavanandana ]
- 1.19 bhavá-nandin [ bhavanandin ]
- 1.20 bhavá-nāga [ bhavanAga ]
- 1.21 bhavá-nātha [ bhavanAtha ]
- 1.22 bhavá-nāśinī [ bhavanAzinI ]
- 1.23 bhavá-nigaḍa-nibandha-cchedana [ bhavanigaDanibandhacchedana ]
- 1.24 bhavá-nigaḍa-nibandha-cchedha-vināśin [ bhavanigaDanibandhacchedhavinAzin ]
- 1.25 bhavá-nibandhavināśin [ bhavanibandhavinAzin ]
- 1.26 bhavá-pratisaṃdhi [ bhavapratisaMdhi ]
- 1.27 bhavá-bandhêśa [ bhavabandheza ]
- 1.28 bhavá-bhaṅga [ bhavabhaGga ]
- 1.29 bhavá-bhāj [ bhavabhAj ]
- 1.30 bhavá-bhāva [ bhavabhAva ]
- 1.31 bhavá-bhāvana [ bhavabhAvana ]
- 1.32 bhavá-bhīta [ bhavabhIta ]
- 1.33 bhavá-bhīru [ bhavabhIru ]
- 1.34 bhavá-bhūta [ bhavabhUta ]
- 1.35 bhavá-bhūti [ bhavabhUti ]
- 1.36 bhavá-bhoga [ bhavabhoga ]
- 1.37 bhavá-manyu [ bhavamanyu ]
- 1.38 bhavá-maya [ bhavamaya ]
- 1.39 bhavá-mocana [ bhavamocana ]
- 1.40 bhavá-rasa [ bhavarasa ]
- 1.41 bhavá-rud [ bhavarud ]
- 1.42 bhavá-lābha-lobha-satkāra-parāṅmukha [ bhavalAbhalobhasatkAraparAGmukha ]
- 1.43 bhavá-vāri-nidhi [ bhavavArinidhi ]
- 1.44 bhavá-viti [ bhavaviti ]
- 1.45 bhavá-vyaya [ bhavavyaya ]
- 1.46 bhavá-vrata-dhara [ bhavavratadhara ]
- 1.47 bhavá-śarman [ bhavazarman ]
- 1.48 bhavá-śekhara [ bhavazekhara ]
- 1.49 bhavá-saṃśodhana [ bhavasaMzodhana ]
- 1.50 bhavá-saṃkrānti [ bhavasaMkrAnti ]
- 1.51 bhavá-saṅgin [ bhavasaGgin ]
- 1.52 bhavá-saṃtati [ bhavasaMtati ]
- 1.53 bhavá-samudra [ bhavasamudra ]
- 1.54 bhavá-sāgara [ bhavasAgara ]
- 1.55 bhavá-sāyujya [ bhavasAyujya ]
- 1.56 bhavá-sāra [ bhavasAra ]
- 1.57 bhavá-sindhu [ bhavasindhu ]
- 1.58 bhavá-svāmin [ bhavasvAmin ]
- 1.59 bhavâgra [ bhavAgra ]
- 1.60 bhavâṅgaṇa [ bhavAGgaNa ]
- 1.61 bhavâcala [ bhavAcala ]
- 1.62 bhavâtiga [ bhavAtiga ]
- 1.63 bhavâtmaja [ bhavAtmaja ]
- 1.64 bhavânanda [ bhavAnanda ]
- 1.65 bhavânta-kṛt [ bhavAntakRt ]
- 1.66 bhavântara [ bhavAntara ]
- 1.67 bhavâbdhi [ bhavAbdhi ]
- 1.68 bhavâbhava [ bhavAbhava ]
- 1.69 bhavâbhāva [ bhavAbhAva ]
- 1.70 bhavâbhibhāvin [ bhavAbhibhAvin ]
- 1.71 bhavâmbudhi [ bhavAmbudhi ]
- 1.72 bhavâmbu-rāśi [ bhavAmburAzi ]
- 1.73 bhavâyanā [ bhavAyanA ]
- 1.74 bhavâraṇya [ bhavAraNya ]
- 1.75 bhavâri [ bhavAri ]
- 1.76 bhavā-rudrá [ bhavArudra ]
- 1.77 bhavârṇava [ bhavArNava ]
- 1.78 bhavârta [ bhavArta ]
- 1.79 bhavāśarvá [ bhavAzarva ]
- 1.80 bhavêśa [ bhaveza ]
- 1.81 bhavôccheda [ bhavoccheda ]
- 1.82 bhavôttāraka [ bhavottAraka ]
- 1.83 bhavôdadhi [ bhavodadhi ]
- 1.84 bhavôdbhava [ bhavodbhava ]
- 2 bhava [ bhava ]
भव bhavá [ bhava ]
becoming, turning into ( comp. ), Kāṭh.
being, state of being, existence, life ( = sat-tā L. ) ŚārṅgP. ( bhavântara )
worldly existence, the world ( = saṃsāra cf. L. ) cf. Kāv. cf. Pur.
( with Buddhists ) continuity of becoming ( a link in the twelvefold chain of causation ) cf. Dharmas. 42 ( cf. MWB. 102 )
well-being, prosperity, welfare, excellence ( = śreyas cf. L. ) cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
a god, deity. cf. W.
N. of Agni cf. ŚBr.
of a deity attending on Rudra and frequently connected with Śarva ( later N. of Śiva or a form of Śiva
or N. of a Rudra, and as such of the number 11 or of the 11th lunar mansion cf. Gol. cf. Var. cf. Sch.
du. bhavau= Bhava i.e. Śiva and his wife Bhavānī cf. BhP. ; Vām. v, 2, 1 ). cf. AV. etc.
of the 1st and 4th Kalpa cf. Cat.
of a Sādhya cf. VP.
of a king cf. MBh.
of a son of Pratihartṛ cf. VP.
of Viloman cf. ib.
of a rich man cf. Buddh.
of an author cf. Cat.
n. the fruit of Dillenia Speciosa cf. L.
bhavá-kalpa [ bhavakalpa ]
m. N. of a partic. Kalpa cf. VāyuP.
bhavá-kāntāra [ bhavakAntAra ]
m. or n. ( ? ) the wilderness of worldly existence cf. L.
bhavá-ketu [ bhavaketu ]
m. N. of a partic. phenomenon in the sky cf. Var
bhavá-kṣiti [ bhavakSiti ]
f. the place of birth cf. BhP.
bhavá-khāmi [ bhavakhAmi ]
( ? ), m. N. of a man cf. Rājat. ( prob. w.r. for -svāmin, q.v. )
m. N. of a poet cf. Cat.
bhavá-ghasmara [ bhavaghasmara ]
m. a forest conflagration cf. L.
bhavá-candra [ bhavacandra ]
m. N. of a man cf. Cat.
bhavá-cchid [ bhavacchid ]
mfn. preventing births or transmigration cf. Kāv. cf. BhP.
bhavá-cchada [ bhavacchada ]
m. prevention of births or transmigration cf. Śiś.
N. of a Grāma cf. Rājat
bhavá-jala [ bhavajala ]
n. the water ( or ocean ) of worldly existence cf. Kāv
bhavá-trāta [ bhavatrAta ]
m. N. of an ancient teacher cf. VBr.
of a son of Bhava cf. Buddh.
bhavá-datta [ bhavadatta ]
m. N. of a man cf. HPariś
of the author of Comms. on cf. Naish. and cf. Śiś.
bhavá-dā [ bhavadA ]
f. N. of one of the Mātṛs attending on Skanda cf. MBh.
bhavá-dāru [ bhavadAru ]
n. = devadāru, Pinus Deodora cf. L.
bhavá-deva [ bhavadeva ]
bhavá-nanda [ bhavananda ]
m. N. of an actor cf. Kathās
bhavá-nandana [ bhavanandana ]
m. patr. of Skanda cf. Vās
bhavá-nandin [ bhavanandin ]
m. N. of a man cf. Buddh.
bhavá-nāga [ bhavanAga ]
m. N. of an author cf. Cat.
bhavá-nātha [ bhavanAtha ]
bhavá-nāśinī [ bhavanAzinI ]
f. ' destroying worldly existence ', N. of the river Sarayū cf. Pur.
bhavá-nigaḍa-nibandha-cchedana [ bhavanigaDanibandhacchedana ]
mf ( ī ) n. ( cf. Pañcar. ) or destroying the chains and fetters of worldly existence
bhavá-nigaḍa-nibandha-cchedha-vināśin [ bhavanigaDanibandhacchedhavinAzin ]
( cf. MW. ), mfn. destroying the chains and fetters of worldly existence
bhavá-nibandhavināśin [ bhavanibandhavinAzin ]
mfn. ' destroying the fetters of worldly existence ' cf. RāmatUp.
bhavá-pratisaṃdhi [ bhavapratisaMdhi ]
m. entering into existence cf. L.
bhavá-bandhêśa [ bhavabandheza ]
m. ' lord of the fetters of worldly existence ' , N. of Śiva cf. Pañcar.
bhavá-bhaṅga [ bhavabhaGga ]
m. annihilation of worldly existence, delivery from births or transmigration cf. Hcat
bhavá-bhāj [ bhavabhAj ]
mfn. partaking of worldly existence, living cf. W.
bhavá-bhāva [ bhavabhAva ]
m. love of worldly existence, NīlarUp. ( cf. -manyu )
bhavá-bhāvana [ bhavabhAvana ]
mfn. conferring welfare cf. BhP.
m. ' author of existence ', N. of Viṣṇu cf. MW.
( ā ), f. ( ifc. ) regarding anything as good fortune, Śāntiś
bhavá-bhīta [ bhavabhIta ]
m. N. of a poet cf. Cat. ( lit. = next )
bhavá-bhīru [ bhavabhIru ]
mfn. afraid of worldly existence or re- birth cf. Siṉhâs
bhavá-bhūta [ bhavabhUta ]
mfn. being the origin or the source of all being cf. ŚvetUp.
bhavá-bhūti [ bhavabhUti ]
f. welfare, prosperity cf. AgP. cf. Hcat
m. N. of a celebrated poet ( who lived in the 8th century A. D., author of the 3 dramas Mālatīmādhava, Mahā-vīra-carita or Vīra-carita , and Uttararāma-carita ; IW. 499 ).
bhavá-bhoga [ bhavabhoga ]
( ibc. ) the pleasures or enjoyments of the world, Śāntiś
bhavá-manyu [ bhavamanyu ]
m. resentment against the world, NīlarUp. ( cf. bhāva )
bhavá-maya [ bhavamaya ]
mf ( ī ) n. consisting of or produced from Śiva cf. MBh.
bhavá-mocana [ bhavamocana ]
m. ' releasing from worldly existence ', N. of Kṛshṇa cf. Gīt.
bhavá-rasa [ bhavarasa ]
m. delight in worldly existence cf. Siṉhâs
bhavá-rud [ bhavarud ]
a drum played at funeral ceremonies cf. L.
bhavá-lābha-lobha-satkāra-parāṅmukha [ bhavalAbhalobhasatkAraparAGmukha ]
mfn. averse to the benefit ( and ) to the longing for attainment of worldly existence ( said of a Buddhist convert ) cf. Divyâv
bhavá-vāri-nidhi [ bhavavArinidhi ]
m. = bhavajala cf. Vcar.
bhavá-viti [ bhavaviti ]
f. liberation from the world, cessation of worldly acts cf. Kir
bhavá-vyaya [ bhavavyaya ]
m. du. birth and dissolution cf. Bhag.
bhavá-vrata-dhara [ bhavavratadhara ]
mfn. devoted to Śiva, a worshipper of Śiva cf. BhP.
bhavá-śarman [ bhavazarman ]
m. N. of a man cf. Kathās
of an author ( and minister of king Nṛ-siṃha of Mithilā ) cf. Cat.
bhavá-śekhara [ bhavazekhara ]
m. ' Śiva's crest ', the moon, Pracaṇḍ
bhavá-saṃśodhana [ bhavasaMzodhana ]
m. a partic. Samādhi cf. Kāraṇḍ
bhavá-saṃkrānti [ bhavasaMkrAnti ]
f. N. of a Buddhist Sūtra
bhavá-saṅgin [ bhavasaGgin ]
mfn. attached to worldly existence cf. Hcat
bhavá-saṃtati [ bhavasaMtati ]
f. an uninterrupted series of births and transmigrations cf. Vcar.
bhavá-samudra [ bhavasamudra ]
( A. ),
bhavá-sāgara [ bhavasAgara ]
( Sinh^as. ), m. the ocean of worldly existence
bhavá-sāyujya [ bhavasAyujya ]
n. union with Śiva ( after death ) cf. MBh.
bhavá-sāra [ bhavasAra ]
( cf. Ml. ),
bhavá-sindhu [ bhavasindhu ]
( cf. BhP. ), m. = -jala
bhavá-svāmin [ bhavasvAmin ]
m. N. of a man cf. VBr.
of various authors cf. Cat.
bhavâgra [ bhavAgra ]
n. the farthest end of the world cf. Buddh.
bhavâṅgaṇa [ bhavAGgaNa ]
n. the court of a Śiva temple cf. Hcat
bhavâcala [ bhavAcala ]
m. N. of a mountain cf. MārkP.
bhavâtiga [ bhavAtiga ]
mfn. one who has overcome worldly existence cf. Pañcar.
bhavâtmaja [ bhavAtmaja ]
m. ' Bhava's i.e. Śiva's son ', N. of Gaṇ^eśa or Kārttikeya cf. A.
( ā ), f. N. of the goddess Manasā cf. L.
bhavânanda [ bhavAnanda ]
( ī ), f. N. of Bhava's cf. Comm. on the Tattva-cintāmaṇi-dīdhiti
°dī-prakāśa and -pradīpa m. N. of Comms. on it
bhavânta-kṛt [ bhavAntakRt ]
m. ' destroying worldly existence ', N. of Brahmā or of a Buddha cf. L.
bhavântara [ bhavAntara ]
n. another existence ( a former existence cf. KātyŚr.
a later existence cf. Pañcar. )
-prâpti-mat mfn. one who has obtained another existence cf. Sarvad
bhavâbdhi [ bhavAbdhi ]
m. the ocean of worldly existence, Śāntiś
-nāvi-navika m. a pilot on the boat ( which crosses ) the ocean of worldly existence cf. Pañcar.
bhavâbhava [ bhavAbhava ]
m. du. existence and non-existence
prosperity and adversity cf. MW.
bhavâbhāva [ bhavAbhAva ]
m. non-existence of the world cf. W.
bhavâbhibhāvin [ bhavAbhibhAvin ]
mfn. overcoming the worldly cf. ib.
bhavâmbudhi [ bhavAmbudhi ]
( A. ),
bhavâmbu-rāśi [ bhavAmburAzi ]
( cf. Bhartṛ. ), m. = bhavâbdhi
bhavâyanā [ bhavAyanA ]
( or °nī ), f. ' coming from Śiva ', N. of the Ganges cf. L.
bhavâraṇya [ bhavAraNya ]
n. = °vakāntāra, Śāntiś
bhavâri [ bhavAri ]
m. an enemy of worldly existence cf. RāmatUp.
an enemy of Śiva cf. Nalac
bhavā-rudrá [ bhavArudra ]
m. du. Bhava and Rudra cf. AV.
m. = bhavâbdhi cf. Pañcar.
bhavârta [ bhavArta ]
m. sick of worldly existence cf. MW.
bhavāśarvá [ bhavAzarva ]
m. du. Bhava and Śarva cf. AV.
°rvīya mfn. relating to them cf. AV. Pariś
bhavêśa [ bhaveza ]
m. ' lord of worldly existence ', N. of Śiva cf. Pañcar.
of a king ( father of Hara-siṃha ) cf. Cat.
of two authors cf. ib.
bhavôccheda [ bhavoccheda ]
m. = °va-ccheda cf. R.
bhavôttāraka [ bhavottAraka ]
m. a partic. Samādhi cf. Kāraṇḍ
bhavôdadhi [ bhavodadhi ]
m. = bhavâbdhi cf. Vcar.
bhavôdbhava [ bhavodbhava ]
m. N. of Śiva cf. Kir
bhava [ bhava ]
bhavat [ bhavat ]
bhavita [ bhavita ]
etc. p. 748 etc.