Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 bindú [ bindu ]
- 1.1 bindú-ghṛta [ bindughRta ]
- 1.2 bindú-citra [ binducitra ]
- 1.3 bindú-citraka [ binducitraka ]
- 1.4 bindú-jāla [ bindujAla ]
- 1.5 bindú-jālaka [ bindujAlaka ]
- 1.6 bindú-tantra [ bindutantra ]
- 1.7 bindú-tīrtha [ bindutIrtha ]
- 1.8 bindú-deva [ bindudeva ]
- 1.9 bindú-nātha [ bindunAtha ]
- 1.10 bindú-pattra [ bindupattra ]
- 1.11 bindú-pattraka [ bindupattraka ]
- 1.12 bindú-pratiṣṭhāmaya [ bindupratiSThAmaya ]
- 1.13 bindú-phala [ binduphala ]
- 1.14 bindú-brahmānandīya [ bindubrahmAnandIya ]
- 1.15 bindú-bheda [ bindubheda ]
- 1.16 bindú-mat [ bindumat ]
- 1.17 bindú-mādhava [ bindumAdhava ]
- 1.18 bindú-mālin [ bindumAlin ]
- 1.19 bindú-rāji [ bindurAji ]
- 1.20 bindú-rekhaka [ bindurekhaka ]
- 1.21 bindú-rekhā [ bindurekhA ]
- 1.22 bindú-vāsara [ binduvAsara ]
- 1.23 bindú-śarman [ binduzarman ]
- 1.24 bindú-saṃgraha [ bindusaMgraha ]
- 1.25 bindú-saṃdīpana [ bindusaMdIpana ]
- 1.26 bindú-saras [ bindusaras ]
- 1.27 bindú-sāra [ bindusAra ]
- 1.28 bindú-sena [ bindusena ]
- 1.29 bindú-hrada [ binduhrada ]
- 1.30 bindûpaníṣad [ bindUpaniSad ]
bindú [ bindu ]
m. ( once n. cf. MBh.
in later language mostly written vindu ) a detached particle , drop, globule, dot, spot cf. AV. etc.
a drop of water taken as a measure cf. L.
a spot or mark of coloured paint on the body of an elephant cf. Kum
( ifc. also -ka ) the dot over a letter representing the Anusvāra ( supposed to be connected with Siva and of great mystical importance ) cf. MBh. cf. Kathās. cf. BhP.
a zero or cypher cf. R. ( in manuscripts put over an erased word to show that it ought not to be erased = ' stet ' cf. Naish. )
a partic. mark like a dot made in cauterising cf. Suśr.
a mark made by the teeth of a lover on the lips of his mistress cf. L.
a coloured mark made on the forehead between the eyebrows cf. L.
( in dram. ) the sudden development of a secondary incident ( which, like a drop of oil in water, expands and furnishes an important element in the plot ) cf. Sāh. ( ifc. also -ka )
m. N. of a man, g. bidâdi
of an Āṅgirasa ( author of cf. RV. viii, 83 ; ix, 30 ) cf. Anukr.
of the author of a Rasa-paddhati cf. Cat.
pl. N. of a warrior tribe, g. dāmany-ādi
bindú-ghṛta [ bindughRta ]
n. a partic. medic. compound taken in small quantities, Śārṅgp
bindú-citra [ binducitra ]
and m. the spotted antelope. cf. L.
bindú-citraka [ binducitraka ]
m. the spotted antelope. cf. L.
bindú-jāla [ bindujAla ]
and n. collection or mass of dots or spots ( esp. on an elephant's face and trunk ) cf. L.
bindú-jālaka [ bindujAlaka ]
n. collection or mass of dots or spots ( esp. on an elephant's face and trunk ) cf. L.
bindú-tantra [ bindutantra ]
m. a die, dice cf. L.
m. n. a kind of chess-board cf. L.
a playing-ball cf. L.
bindú-tīrtha [ bindutIrtha ]
n. N. of a sacred bathing-place cf. Cat.
-māhātmya n. N. of wk.
bindú-deva [ bindudeva ]
m. = ṇa, a Buddhist deity cf. L.
N. of Siva cf. W.
bindú-nātha [ bindunAtha ]
m. N. of a teacher cf. Cat.
bindú-pattra [ bindupattra ]
m. Betula Bhojpattra cf. L.
bindú-pattraka [ bindupattraka ]
m. a species of Amaranthus cf. L.
bindú-pratiṣṭhāmaya [ bindupratiSThAmaya ]
mf ( ī ) n. founded or based upon the Anusvāra cf. L.
bindú-phala [ binduphala ]
n. a pearl cf. L.
bindú-brahmānandīya [ bindubrahmAnandIya ]
n. N. of wk.
bindú-bheda [ bindubheda ]
m. N. of a partic. Yoga posture cf. L.
bindú-mat [ bindumat ]
mfn. having drops or bubbles or clots, formed into balls or globules cf. AitBr. cf. KātyŚr.
m. N. of a son of Marici by Bindu-matī cf. BhP.
( atī ), f. N. of a kind of verse cf. Kād
of a drama cf. Sāh
of the wife of Marīci ( cf. above ) cf. BhP.
of a daughter of Śaśa-bindu and wife of Māndhātṛ cf. Hariv.
of the murderess of Vidūratha, Vāsav ', Introd.
of a fisherman's daughter cf. Kathās
bindú-mādhava [ bindumAdhava ]
m. a form of Viṣṇu cf. Cat.
bindú-mālin [ bindumAlin ]
m. ( in music ) a kind of measure cf. Saṃgīt
bindú-rāji [ bindurAji ]
m. ' row of spots ', N. of a kind of serpent cf. Suśr.
bindú-rekhaka [ bindurekhaka ]
m. a kind of bird cf. L. ( cf. prec. and next )
bindú-rekhā [ bindurekhA ]
f. a row or line of points or dots cf. Rājat
N. of a daughter of Caṇḍavarman cf. Kathās
bindú-vāsara [ binduvAsara ]
m. the day of fecundation cf. L.
bindú-śarman [ binduzarman ]
m. N. of a poet, cat
bindú-saṃgraha [ bindusaMgraha ]
m. N. of wk.
bindú-saṃdīpana [ bindusaMdIpana ]
n. N. of wk.
bindú-saras [ bindusaras ]
n. N. of a sacred lake cf. MBh. cf. R.
( m. c. also -sara ) cf. BhP.
-tīrtha n. N. of a sacred bathing-place cf. Cat.
bindú-sāra [ bindusAra ]
m. N. of a king ( son of Candra-gupta ) cf. VP. cf. HPariś
bindú-sena [ bindusena ]
m. N. of a king ( son of Kshatraujas ) cf. VP.
bindú-hrada [ binduhrada ]
m. N. of a lake ( said to have been formed by the drops of the Ganges shaken from Siva's hair ) cf. Cat.
bindûpaníṣad [ bindUpaniSad ]
f. N. of an Upanishad