Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 divya [ divya ]
- 2 divyá [ divya ]
- 2.1 divyá-kaṭa [ divyakaTa ]
- 2.2 divyá-kānana [ divyakAnana ]
- 2.3 divyá-kārin [ divyakArin ]
- 2.4 divyá-kuṇḍa [ divyakuNDa ]
- 2.5 divyá-kriyā [ divyakriyA ]
- 2.6 divyá-gandha [ divyagandha ]
- 2.7 divyá-gāyana [ divyagAyana ]
- 2.8 divyá-cakṣus [ divyacakSus ]
- 2.9 divyá-jñāna [ divyajJAna ]
- 2.10 divyá-tattva [ divyatattva ]
- 2.11 divyá-tā [ divyatA ]
- 2.12 divyá-tumbī [ divyatumbI ]
- 2.13 divyá-tejas [ divyatejas ]
- 2.14 divyá-tva [ divyatva ]
- 2.15 divyá-darśana [ divyadarzana ]
- 2.16 divyá-darśin [ divyadarzin ]
- 2.17 divyá-dṛś [ divyadRz ]
- 2.18 divyá-dṛṣṭi [ divyadRSTi ]
- 2.19 divyá-devī [ divyadevI ]
- 2.20 divyá-deha [ divyadeha ]
- 2.21 divyá-dohada [ divyadohada ]
- 2.22 divyá-dharmin [ divyadharmin ]
- 2.23 divyá-nadī [ divyanadI ]
- 2.24 divyá-nārī [ divyanArI ]
- 2.25 divyá-pañcâmṛta [ divyapaJcAmRta ]
- 2.26 divyá-pāṭala [ divyapATala ]
- 2.27 divyá-puruṣa [ divyapuruSa ]
- 2.28 divyá-puṣpa [ divyapuSpa ]
- 2.29 divyá-prajñāna [ divyaprajJAna ]
- 2.30 divyá-prabhāva [ divyaprabhAva ]
- 2.31 divyá-praśna [ divyaprazna ]
- 2.32 divyá-mantra [ divyamantra ]
- 2.33 divyá-māna [ divyamAna ]
- 2.34 divyá-mānuṣa [ divyamAnuSa ]
- 2.35 divyá-yamunā [ divyayamunA ]
- 2.36 divyá-ratna [ divyaratna ]
- 2.37 divyá-ratha [ divyaratha ]
- 2.38 divyá-rasa [ divyarasa ]
- 2.39 divyá-rūpa [ divyarUpa ]
- 2.40 divyá-rūpin [ divyarUpin ]
- 2.41 divyá-latā [ divyalatA ]
- 2.42 divyá-varma-bhṛt [ divyavarmabhRt ]
- 2.43 divyá-vastra [ divyavastra ]
- 2.44 divyá-vākya [ divyavAkya ]
- 2.45 divyá-vijñānavat [ divyavijJAnavat ]
- 2.46 divyá-śrotra [ divyazrotra ]
- 2.47 divyá-saṃkāśa [ divyasaMkAza ]
- 2.48 divyá-saṃgraha [ divyasaMgraha ]
- 2.49 divyá-sānu [ divyasAnu ]
- 2.50 divyá-sāra [ divyasAra ]
- 2.51 divyá-sūri [ divyasUri ]
- 2.52 divyá-strī [ divyastrI ]
- 2.53 divyá-srag-anulepin [ divyasraganulepin ]
- 2.54 divyâṃśu [ divyAMzu ]
- 2.55 divyâkṛti [ divyAkRti ]
- 2.56 divyâṅganā [ divyAGganA ]
- 2.57 divyâdivya [ divyAdivya ]
- 2.58 divyâvadāna [ divyAvadAna ]
- 2.59 divyôdaka [ divyodaka ]
- 2.60 divyôpapāduka [ divyopapAduka ]
- 2.61 divyaˆugha [ divyaugha ]
- 2.62 divyaˆuṣadha [ divyauSadha ]
- 2.63 divyaˆuṣadhi [ divyauSadhi ]
divya [ divya ]
1. Nom. P. °yati, to long for heaven, Pāṇ. viii, 2, 77, Sch.
divyá [ divya ]
charming, beautiful, agreeable, R., Kathās. etc.
m. a kind of animal ( = dhanvana ), VarBṛS. lxxxviii, 9
N. of a prince, Pur.
of the author of RV. x, 107 etc.
( ā ) ), f. N. of plants ( = harītakī, bandhyā, karkoṭakī, śatāvarī, mahā-medāetc. ), L.
a kind of perfume = surā, L.
N. of a Buddh. deity, Kālac.
of an Apsaras, Sch.
n. the divine world or anything divine
pl. the celestial regions, the sky, heaven, RV.
oath, solemn promise, Hit. iv, 129/130 cloves, L.
a sort of sandal, L.
N. of a grammar, [ Cf. Gk. δῖος for διFιος ; Lat. dīus for divius in sub dīo. ]
divyá-kaṭa [ divyakaTa ]
n. N. of a town, MBh. ii.
divyá-kānana [ divyakAnana ]
n. celestial grove
-darśaná mfn. in aspect like to it, Nal. xii, 61.
divyá-kārin [ divyakArin ]
mfn. undergoing an ordeal, taking an oath, W.
divyá-kuṇḍa [ divyakuNDa ]
n. N. of a lake, KālP.
divyá-kriyā [ divyakriyA ]
f. the application of an ordeal, Rājat. iv, 94.
divyá-gandha [ divyagandha ]
m. ' having a divine odour ', sulphur, L.
( ā ), f. large cardamoms, L.
a kind of vegetable ( = mahā-cañcu ), L.
n. cloves, L.
divyá-gāyana [ divyagAyana ]
m. ' divine songster ', a Gandharva, L.
divyá-cakṣus [ divyacakSus ]
n. a divine eye, supernatural vision, Daś., Buddh.
mfn. having a divine eye, Ragh. iii, 45
having ( only ) the divine eye, ( in other respects ) blind, L.
m. a monkey, L.
a kind of perfume, L.
divyá-jñāna [ divyajJAna ]
n. divine knowledge
mfn. possessing it, MBh. i, 1784.
divyá-tattva [ divyatattva ]
n. divine truth ', N. of wk.
divyá-tā [ divyatA ]
f. divinity, divine nature, Naish.
divyá-tumbī [ divyatumbI ]
f. a kind of plant, Gal.
divyá-tejas [ divyatejas ]
n. a kind of plant, L.
divyá-tva [ divyatva ]
n. = -ta, Kathās.
divyá-darśana [ divyadarzana ]
mfn. of a divine aspect, MBh. iii, 17075.
divyá-darśin [ divyadarzin ]
mfn. having a divine vision, MBh. xv, 566.
divyá-dṛś [ divyadRz ]
mfn. seeing divine things, Kathās.
m. an astrologer, Var.
divyá-dṛṣṭi [ divyadRSTi ]
f. = -cakṣus n., Kathās.
divyá-devī [ divyadevI ]
f. N. of a goddess, Buddh.
divyá-deha [ divyadeha ]
m. a divine body, MW.
divyá-dohada [ divyadohada ]
n. divine desire, the object of a deity's desire, L.
mfn. fit for an offering or oblation, L.
divyá-dharmin [ divyadharmin ]
mfn. ' having a divine nature ', virtuous, agreeable, W.
divyá-nadī [ divyanadI ]
f. a divine stream, ŚivaP.
divyá-nārī [ divyanArI ]
f. a divine female, an Apsaras, R., Kathās.
divyá-pañcâmṛta [ divyapaJcAmRta ]
n. ' the five divine ambrosias ', viz. ghee, milk, coagulated milk, honey, and sugar, L.
divyá-pāṭala [ divyapATala ]
m. ' having a divine pale-red colour ', N. of a plant, MBh. i, 2374.
divyá-puruṣa [ divyapuruSa ]
m. ' a divine man ', ghost, Uttarar. ii, 10/11.
divyá-puṣpa [ divyapuSpa ]
m. Nerium Odorum, L.
( ā ), f. a kind of plant, L.
°pikā, f. a kind of Calotropis, L.
divyá-prajñāna [ divyaprajJAna ]
divyá-prabhāva [ divyaprabhAva ]
mfn. having celestial power, MW.
divyá-praśna [ divyaprazna ]
m. inquiring into divine phenomena, augury, MBh. v, 1906.
divyá-mantra [ divyamantra ]
m. ' the divine syllable ', Om, AmṛtUp. 20.
divyá-māna [ divyamAna ]
n. measuring time according to the days and years of the gods, Sūryas.
divyá-mānuṣa [ divyamAnuSa ]
m. ' divine man ', demi-god, Kathās. i, 47.
divyá-yamunā [ divyayamunA ]
f. ' the divine Jamnā ', N. of a river in Kāma-rūpa, KāIP.
divyá-ratna [ divyaratna ]
n. ' divine gem ', the fabulous gem Cintā-maṇi, L.
divyá-ratha [ divyaratha ]
m. ' divine car ', vehicle of the gods, L.
divyá-rasa [ divyarasa ]
m. ' divine fluid ', quicksilver, L.
°sêndra-sāra m. N. of wk.
divyá-rūpa [ divyarUpa ]
mfn. of a divine aspect, beautiful, handsome, MBh., Kathās.
divyá-rūpin [ divyarUpin ]
mfn. of a divine aspect, beautiful, handsome, MBh., Kathās.
divyá-latā [ divyalatA ]
f. ' the divine creeper ', Sanseviera Zeylanica ( = mūrvā ), L.
divyá-varma-bhṛt [ divyavarmabhRt ]
mfn. wearing divine armour, MBh. iii, 17167.
divyá-vastra [ divyavastra ]
m. ' divinely dressed ', a kind of flower ( = sūryaśobhā ), L.
divyá-vākya [ divyavAkya ]
n. a divine voice.
mfn. = -jñana mfn., Kathās. lxxvii, 6.
divyá-śrotra [ divyazrotra ]
n. ' a divine ear ' ( which hears everything ), Buddh.
divyá-saṃkāśa [ divyasaMkAza ]
mfn. having a divine appearance, R.
divyá-saṃgraha [ divyasaMgraha ]
m. N. of wk.
divyá-sānu [ divyasAnu ]
m. ' divine eminence ', N. of one of the Viśve Devās, MBh. xiii, 4355.
divyá-sāra [ divyasAra ]
m. having divine juice or resin ', Thorea Robusta, L.
divyá-sūri [ divyasUri ]
m. N. of a man.
-carita n. -prabhāvadīpikā f. N. of two wks.
divyá-strī [ divyastrI ]
f. a divine female, an Apsaras, Var., Kathās.
divyá-srag-anulepin [ divyasraganulepin ]
mfn. adorned with divine garlands and unguents, Hcat. i, 8.
divyâṃśu [ divyAMzu ]
m. ' having divine rays ', the sun, MBh. iv, 390.
divyâkṛti [ divyAkRti ]
mfn. of divine form, very beautiful, Kathās. lxxvii, 68.
divyâṅganā [ divyAGganA ]
f. = °vya-strī, Daś.
divyâdivya [ divyAdivya ]
mfn. divine and not divine ( i.e. partly divine partly human ), L.
( ā ), f. the heroine of a poem ( as Sītā etc. ) of mixed origin or character, a goddess, W.
divyâvadāna [ divyAvadAna ]
n. divine achievements ', N. of a well- known Buddh. wk. from Nepāl ( written in Sanskṛt ).
divyôdaka [ divyodaka ]
n. ' divine water ', i.e. rainwater, L.
divyôpapāduka [ divyopapAduka ]
mf ( ī ) n. divinely born, celestial, supernatural, L.
divyaˆugha [ divyaugha ]
m. pl. ' the divine hosts ', forms of Siva and Durgā ( with the Sāktas ), L.
divyaˆuṣadha [ divyauSadha ]
n. heavenly herbs or medicine, a magical potion, Bhartṛ. ii, 13.
divyaˆuṣadhi [ divyauSadhi ]
f. red arsenic, Bhpr.