Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 काव्य kāvyá [ kAvya ]
- 1.1 kāvyá-kartṛ [ kAvyakartR ]
- 1.2 kāvyá-kalpa-latā [ kAvyakalpalatA ]
- 1.3 kāvyá-kāma-dhenu [ kAvyakAmadhenu ]
- 1.4 kāvyá-goṣṭhī [ kAvyagoSThI ]
- 1.5 kāvyá-candrikā [ kAvyacandrikA ]
- 1.6 kāvyá-caurya [ kAvyacaurya ]
- 1.7 kāvyá-tā [ kAvyatA ]
- 1.8 kāvyá-tva [ kAvyatva ]
- 1.9 kāvyá-devī [ kAvyadevI ]
- 1.10 kāvyá-prakāśa [ kAvyaprakAza ]
- 1.11 kāvyá-pradīpa [ kAvyapradIpa ]
- 1.12 kāvyá-mīmāṃsaka [ kAvyamImAMsaka ]
- 1.13 kāvyá-mīmāṃsā [ kAvyamImAMsA ]
- 1.14 kāvyá-rasa [ kAvyarasa ]
- 1.15 kāvyá-rasika [ kAvyarasika ]
- 1.16 kāvyá-rākṣasa [ kAvyarAkSasa ]
- 1.17 kāvyá-lakṣaṇa [ kAvyalakSaNa ]
- 1.18 kāvyá-liṅga [ kAvyaliGga ]
- 1.19 kāvyá-vilāsa [ kAvyavilAsa ]
- 1.20 kāvyá-śāstra [ kAvyazAstra ]
- 1.21 kāvyá-saṃhāra [ kAvyasaMhAra ]
- 1.22 kāvyá-saṃjīvanī [ kAvyasaMjIvanI ]
- 1.23 kāvyá-sāra-saṃgraha [ kAvyasArasaMgraha ]
- 1.24 kāvyá-sudhā [ kAvyasudhA ]
- 1.25 kāvyá-hāsya [ kAvyahAsya ]
- 1.26 kāvyâdarśa [ kAvyAdarza ]
- 1.27 kāvyâmṛta [ kAvyAmRta ]
- 1.28 kāvyâlaṃkāra [ kAvyAlaMkAra ]
- 1.29 kāvyâloka [ kAvyAloka ]
- 1.30 kāvyâṣṭaka [ kAvyASTaka ]
- 1.31 kāvyôdaya [ kAvyodaya ]
काव्य kāvyá [ kAvya ]
mfn. ( fr. kaví ), endowed with the qualities of a sage or poet, descended or coming from a sage, prophetic, inspired , poetical RV. i, 117, 12 ; viii, 8, 11 VS. AV.
[ kā'vya mfn. id. RV. v, 39, 5 ; x, 144, 2 VS. ]
mf ( ā ) n. coming from or uttered by the sage Uśanas Parāś. MBh. ii, 2097
( ás ), m. ( gaṇi kuru-ādi ) a patr. of Uśanas RV. TS. etc.
of the planet Śukra VarBṛS. Sarvad
( ās ), m. pl. poems MBh. ii, 453
a class of Manes ŚāṅkhŚr. Lāṭy. Mn. iii, 199
the descendants of Kavi VP.
( ā ), f. intelligence L.
N. of a female fiend ( = pūtanā ) L.
( kā'vyam ), n. wisdom, intelligence, prophetic inspiration, high power and art ( often in pl. ) RV. AV. ŚBr. xi
a poem, poetical composition with a coherent plot by a single author ( opposed to an Itihāsa ) R. Sāh. etc.
term for the first tetrastich in the metre Shaṭ-pada
a kind of drama of one act Sāh. 546
a kind of poem ( composed in Sanskṛt interspersed with Prākṛt ) Sāh. 563
happiness, welfare L.
kāvyá-kartṛ [ kAvyakartR ]
m. a poet Subh
kāvyá-kalpa-latā [ kAvyakalpalatA ]
f. N. of wk. on artificial poems
-vṛtti f. a Comm. by Amara-candra on the last work
-vṛtti-parimala m. another Comm. on the preceding work
kāvyá-kāma-dhenu [ kAvyakAmadhenu ]
f. N. of a Comm. by Vopa-deva on his work called Kavi-kalpadruma
kāvyá-goṣṭhī [ kAvyagoSThI ]
f. a conversation on poetry Kād
kāvyá-candrikā [ kAvyacandrikA ]
f. N. of wk. on artificial poems by Kavi-candra
another work on the same subject by Nyāya-vāgīśa. L.
kāvyá-caurya [ kAvyacaurya ]
n. plagiarism L.
kāvyá-tā [ kAvyatA ]
f. the being a poetical composition Sāh
kāvyá-tva [ kAvyatva ]
n. id. ib.
kāvyá-devī [ kAvyadevI ]
f. N. of a princess who erected a statue of Śiva called Kāvya-dev^iśvara
kāvyá-prakāśa [ kAvyaprakAza ]
m. ' illustration of poetry ', N. of a work on rhetoric or the composition of artificial poems by Mammaṭa
kāvyá-pradīpa [ kAvyapradIpa ]
m. N. of a Comm. on the Kāvyaprakāśa
kāvyá-mīmāṃsaka [ kAvyamImAMsaka ]
m. a rhetorician Comm. on Śak
kāvyá-mīmāṃsā [ kAvyamImAMsA ]
f. theory of poetry Sarvad
N. of wk. on it
kāvyá-rasa [ kAvyarasa ]
m. the flavour or sweetness of poetry ŚārṅgP.
kāvyá-rasika [ kAvyarasika ]
mfn. having a taste for poetical compositions, Śrut
kāvyá-rākṣasa [ kAvyarAkSasa ]
n. N. of an artificial poem
kāvyá-lakṣaṇa [ kAvyalakSaNa ]
n. illustration of poetry or rhetoric
kāvyá-liṅga [ kAvyaliGga ]
n. a kind of Alaṃkāra or figure of rhetoric in which a statement is explained or made clearer by giving the reason for it Kpr. x, 28.
kāvyá-vilāsa [ kAvyavilAsa ]
m. N. of wk.
kāvyá-śāstra [ kAvyazAstra ]
n. N. of a short work on poetics
kāvyá-saṃhāra [ kAvyasaMhAra ]
m. the benediction pronounced at the end of a play Sāh
kāvyá-saṃjīvanī [ kAvyasaMjIvanI ]
f. N. of wk.
kāvyá-sāra-saṃgraha [ kAvyasArasaMgraha ]
m. N. of wk.
kāvyá-sudhā [ kAvyasudhA ]
f. N. of a Comm. on a work on artificial poems
kāvyá-hāsya [ kAvyahAsya ]
n. a farce
kāvyâdarśa [ kAvyAdarza ]
m. N. of wk. on poetics by Daṇḍin
-mārjana n. N. of a Comm. on it
kāvyâmṛta [ kAvyAmRta ]
m. N. of wk.
kāvyâlaṃkāra [ kAvyAlaMkAra ]
m. N. of wk. on poetics by Vāmana
-vṛtti f. N. of Vāmana's Comm. on it
kāvyâloka [ kAvyAloka ]
m. N. of wk. on poetics Comm. on Pratāpar. lxiii, 19
kāvyâṣṭaka [ kAvyASTaka ]
n. N. of wk. by Sūrya
kāvyôdaya [ kAvyodaya ]
m. N. of wk.