Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 kanyā' [ kanyA ]
- 1.1 kanyā'-kāla [ kanyAkAla ]
- 1.2 kanyā'-kubja [ kanyAkubja ]
- 1.3 kanyā'-kumārī [ kanyAkumArI ]
- 1.4 kanyā'-kūpa [ kanyAkUpa ]
- 1.5 kanyā'-gata [ kanyAgata ]
- 1.6 kanyā'-garbha [ kanyAgarbha ]
- 1.7 kanyā'-grahaṇa [ kanyAgrahaNa ]
- 1.8 kanyā'-ja [ kanyAja ]
- 1.9 kanyā'-jāta [ kanyAjAta ]
- 1.10 kanyā'-ṭa [ kanyATa ]
- 1.11 kanyā'-tīrtha [ kanyAtIrtha ]
- 1.12 kanyā'-tva [ kanyAtva ]
- 1.13 kanyā'-dātṛ [ kanyAdAtR ]
- 1.14 kanyā'-dāna [ kanyAdAna ]
- 1.15 kanyā'-dūṣaka [ kanyAdUSaka ]
- 1.16 kanyā'-dūṣaṇa [ kanyAdUSaNa ]
- 1.17 kanyā'-dūṣayitṛ [ kanyAdUSayitR ]
- 1.18 kanyā'-dūṣin [ kanyAdUSin ]
- 1.19 kanyā'-doṣa [ kanyAdoSa ]
- 1.20 kanyā'-dhana [ kanyAdhana ]
- 1.21 kanyā'-pati [ kanyApati ]
- 1.22 kanyā'-pāla [ kanyApAla ]
- 1.23 kanyā'-putra [ kanyAputra ]
- 1.24 kanyā'-pura [ kanyApura ]
- 1.25 kanyā'-pradāna [ kanyApradAna ]
- 1.26 kanyā'-bhartṛ [ kanyAbhartR ]
- 1.27 kanyā'-bhāva [ kanyAbhAva ]
- 1.28 kanyā'-bhaikṣa [ kanyAbhaikSa ]
- 1.29 kanyā'-maya [ kanyAmaya ]
- 1.30 kanyā'-ratna [ kanyAratna ]
- 1.31 kanyā'-rāma [ kanyArAma ]
- 1.32 kanyā'-rāśi [ kanyArAzi ]
- 1.33 kanyā'-rthika [ kanyArthika ]
- 1.34 kanyā'-rthin [ kanyArthin ]
- 1.35 kanyā'-vat [ kanyAvat ]
- 1.36 kanyā'-vedin [ kanyAvedin ]
- 1.37 kanyā'-vrata-sthā [ kanyAvratasthA ]
- 1.38 kanyā'-śulka [ kanyAzulka ]
- 1.39 kanyā'-śrama [ kanyAzrama ]
- 1.40 kanyā'-saṃvedya [ kanyAsaMvedya ]
- 1.41 kanyā'-samudbhava [ kanyAsamudbhava ]
- 1.42 kanyā'-saṃpradāna [ kanyAsaMpradAna ]
- 1.43 kanyā'-svayaṃvara [ kanyAsvayaMvara ]
- 1.44 kanyā'-haraṇa [ kanyAharaNa ]
- 1.45 kanyā'-hrada [ kanyAhrada ]
kanyā' [ kanyA ]
the sign of the zodiac Virgo,; VarBṛ. and BṛS. etc.
the female of any animal, Mṛcch
N. of Durgā, MBh. iii, 8115
N. of a tuberous plant growing in Kaśmīra, Suśr.
Aloe Perfoliata, L.
several other plants, L.
N. of a metre ( of four lines, each of them containing four long syllables )
kanyā'-kāla [ kanyAkAla ]
m. the time of maidenhood, T.
kanyā'-kubja [ kanyAkubja ]
am, ā n. f. = kanya-kubja above, L.
kanyā'-kumārī [ kanyAkumArI ]
f. = kanya-ku°
kanyā'-kūpa [ kanyAkUpa ]
m., N. of a Tīrtha, MBh.
kanyā'-gata [ kanyAgata ]
mfn. inherent in or pertaining to a virgin
the position of a planet in the sign Virgo
kanyā'-garbha [ kanyAgarbha ]
m. the offspring of an unmarried woman, MBh. xii, 49
kanyā'-grahaṇa [ kanyAgrahaNa ]
n. taking a girl in marriage
kanyā'-ja [ kanyAja ]
m. the son of an unmarried woman, L.
kanyā'-jāta [ kanyAjAta ]
m. id., ib.
kanyā'-ṭa [ kanyATa ]
( kanyâṭa ), mfn. following after young girls, L.
as, m. the women's apartments, L.
kanyā'-tīrtha [ kanyAtIrtha ]
n. N. of a Tīrtha, MBh.
kanyā'-tva [ kanyAtva ]
n. virginity, maidenhood, MBh.
kanyā'-dātṛ [ kanyAdAtR ]
m. ( a father ) who gives a girl in marriage, Mn. ix, 73
kanyā'-dāna [ kanyAdAna ]
n. giving a girl in marriage, Mn. iii, 35
( kanyâdāna, receiving a girl in marriage, W. )
kanyā'-dūṣaka [ kanyAdUSaka ]
m. the violator of a virgin, Mn. iii, 164
the calumniator of a girl, W.
kanyā'-dūṣaṇa [ kanyAdUSaNa ]
n. defilement of a virgin
calumniating a maiden
kanyā'-dūṣayitṛ [ kanyAdUSayitR ]
m. the defiler of a maiden, MārkP.
kanyā'-dūṣin [ kanyAdUSin ]
m. id., Yājñ. i, 223
kanyā'-doṣa [ kanyAdoSa ]
m. a blemish in a virgin ( as disease, bad repute etc. )
kanyā'-dhana [ kanyAdhana ]
n. a girl's property, portion, dowry, R.
( if a girl dies unmarried her property falls to her brother's share, T. )
kanyā'-pati [ kanyApati ]
m. a daughter's husband, son-in-law, L.
kanyā'-pāla [ kanyApAla ]
m. the protector or father of a girl, L.
a dealer in slave girls, W.
a dealer in spirituous liquors ( for kalyā-pāla ), L.
kanyā'-putra [ kanyAputra ]
m. the offspring of an unmarried woman, L.
kanyā'-pura [ kanyApura ]
n. the women's apartments, BhP.; Daś. etc.
kanyā'-pradāna [ kanyApradAna ]
n. giving a daughter in marriage, Mn. iii, 29 ff
kanyā'-bhartṛ [ kanyAbhartR ]
m. ( = kanyābhiḥ prârthanīyo bhartā, T. ), N. of Kārttikeya, MBh. iii
a daughter's husband, son-in-law, L.
kanyā'-bhāva [ kanyAbhAva ]
m. virginity, maidenhood, MBh.
kanyā'-bhaikṣa [ kanyAbhaikSa ]
n. begging for a girl, MBh.
kanyā'-maya [ kanyAmaya ]
mfn. consisting of a girl ( as property etc. ), being a girl or daughter, Ragh. vi, 11 ; xvi, 86
kanyā'-ratna [ kanyAratna ]
n. ' girl-jewel ', an excellent maiden, a lovely girl
kanyā'-rāma [ kanyArAma ]
( kanyârāma ), m., N. of a Buddha
kanyā'-rāśi [ kanyArAzi ]
m. the sign Virgo
kanyā'-rthika [ kanyArthika ]
( kanyârthika ), mfn. wanting or desiring a girl
kanyā'-rthin [ kanyArthin ]
( kanyârthin ), mfn. id., MBh.
kanyā'-vat [ kanyAvat ]
mfn. possessing a daughter
( ān ), m. the father of a girl, Gaut. iv, 8
kanyā'-vedin [ kanyAvedin ]
m. a son-in-law, Yājñ. i, 261
kanyā'-vrata-sthā [ kanyAvratasthA ]
f. a woman in her monthly state, Kathās. xxvi, 55
kanyā'-śulka [ kanyAzulka ]
n. = -dhana above
kanyā'-śrama [ kanyAzrama ]
( kanyâśrama ), m., N. of a hermitage, MBh.
kanyā'-saṃvedya [ kanyAsaMvedya ]
n., N. of a Tīrtha, MBh. iii
kanyā'-samudbhava [ kanyAsamudbhava ]
mfn. born from an unmarried woman, Mn. ix, 172
kanyā'-saṃpradāna [ kanyAsaMpradAna ]
n. the giving away a maiden in marriage
kanyā'-svayaṃvara [ kanyAsvayaMvara ]
m. the voluntary choice of a husband by a maiden
kanyā'-haraṇa [ kanyAharaNa ]
n. carrying a girl off forcibly, rape, W.
kanyā'-hrada [ kanyAhrada ]
m., N. of a Tīrtha, MBh.