Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 khaṇḍa [ khaNDa ]
- 1.1 khaṇḍa-kathā [ khaNDakathA ]
- 1.2 khaṇḍa-kanda [ khaNDakanda ]
- 1.3 khaṇḍa-kāpālika [ khaNDakApAlika ]
- 1.4 khaṇḍa-kāra [ khaNDakAra ]
- 1.5 khaṇḍa-kāvya [ khaNDakAvya ]
- 1.6 khaṇḍa-kuṣmāṇḍaka [ khaNDakuSmANDaka ]
- 1.7 khaṇḍa-khaṇḍā [ khaNDakhaNDA ]
- 1.8 khaṇḍa-khāṭṭaka [ khaNDakhATTaka ]
- 1.9 khaṇḍa-khāḍaka [ khaNDakhADaka ]
- 1.10 khaṇḍa-khādya [ khaNDakhAdya ]
- 1.11 khaṇḍa-giri [ khaNDagiri ]
- 1.12 khaṇḍa-ja [ khaNDaja ]
- 1.13 khaṇḍa-tā [ khaNDatA ]
- 1.14 khaṇḍa-tāla [ khaNDatAla ]
- 1.15 khaṇḍa-deva [ khaNDadeva ]
- 1.16 khaṇḍa-dravya [ khaNDadravya ]
- 1.17 khaṇḍa-dhārā [ khaNDadhArA ]
- 1.18 khaṇḍa-pattra [ khaNDapattra ]
- 1.19 khaṇḍa-paraśu [ khaNDaparazu ]
- 1.20 khaṇḍa-parśu [ khaNDaparzu ]
- 1.21 khaṇḍa-pāka [ khaNDapAka ]
- 1.22 khaṇḍa-pāṇi [ khaNDapANi ]
- 1.23 khaṇḍa-pāla [ khaNDapAla ]
- 1.24 khaṇḍa-pralaya [ khaNDapralaya ]
- 1.25 khaṇḍa-praśasti [ khaNDaprazasti ]
- 1.26 khaṇḍa-prastāra [ khaNDaprastAra ]
- 1.27 khaṇḍa-phaṇa [ khaNDaphaNa ]
- 1.28 khaṇḍa-maṇḍala [ khaNDamaNDala ]
- 1.29 khaṇḍa-maya [ khaNDamaya ]
- 1.30 khaṇḍa-mātrā [ khaNDamAtrA ]
- 1.31 khaṇḍa-modaka [ khaNDamodaka ]
- 1.32 khaṇḍa-rakṣa [ khaNDarakSa ]
- 1.33 khaṇḍa-rasa [ khaNDarasa ]
- 1.34 khaṇḍa-lavaṇa [ khaNDalavaNa ]
- 1.35 khaṇḍa-lekhaka [ khaNDalekhaka ]
- 1.36 khaṇḍa-vaṭaka [ khaNDavaTaka ]
- 1.37 khaṇḍa-vikṛti [ khaNDavikRti ]
- 1.38 khaṇḍa-śarkarā [ khaNDazarkarA ]
- 1.39 khaṇḍa-śas [ khaNDazas ]
- 1.40 khaṇḍa-śākhā [ khaNDazAkhA ]
- 1.41 khaṇḍa-śīlā [ khaNDazIlA ]
- 1.42 khaṇḍa-sāra [ khaNDasAra ]
- 1.43 khaṇḍa-sphuṭa-pratisaṃskaraṇa [ khaNDasphuTapratisaMskaraNa ]
- 1.44 khaṇḍâbhra [ khaNDAbhra ]
- 1.45 khaṇḍâmalaka [ khaNDAmalaka ]
- 1.46 khaṇḍâmra [ khaNDAmra ]
- 1.47 khaṇḍâlī [ khaNDAlI ]
- 1.48 khaṇḍêndu [ khaNDendu ]
- 1.49 khaṇḍôdbhava [ khaNDodbhava ]
- 1.50 khaṇḍôdbhūta [ khaNDodbhUta ]
- 1.51 khaṇḍoṣṭha [ khaNDoSTha ]
khaṇḍa [ khaNDa ]
mf ( ā ) n. broken, having chasms or gaps or breaks, Suśr. VarBṛS. Pāṇ. ii 1 30. Kāś.
deficient, defective, crippled ( cf. ṣaṇḍa ), Āp. ŚāṅkhŚr. xvi 18 18. Sch.
( in comp. or ifc., Pāṇ. ii 2 38. Pat. )
not full ( as the moon ), KātyŚr. Sch. Subh.
( as, am ), m. n. ( g. ardharcâdi ) ' a break or gap, ' cf. kedāra-kh°
a piece, part, fragment, portion, R. Suśr. Megh. etc. ( indoḥ kh° or tārâdhipa-kh° [ cf. also khaṇḍêndu ] ' the crescent, ' Prasannar. )
treacle or molasses partially dried, candied sugar, Bhpr. Naish. Sāh.
a section of a work, part, chapter ( e.g. of AitĀr. KenUp. etc. )
a continent, Gaṇit.
( in alg. ) a term in an equation, Gaṇit.
a party, number, multitude, assemblage, MBh. ( sometimes not to be distinguished from ṣaṇḍa ). R. i 30 15 etc. ( ifc. m. or n., cf. Kāś. on Pāṇ. iv 2 38 and 51 )
(as), m. a flaw in a jewel, L.
a calf with horns half grown, Gal.
( in music ) a kind of measure
( ās ), m. pl., N. of a people ( v.l. ṣaṇḍa ), VarBṛS.
( am ), n. a variety of sugar-cane, W.
black salt ( viḍ-lavaṇa ), L.
khaṇḍa-kathā [ khaNDakathA ]
f. a particular kind of tale ( ' a tale or story divided into sections, ' W. ), L.
khaṇḍa-kanda [ khaNDakanda ]
n., N. of a bulbous plant, L.
khaṇḍa-kāpālika [ khaNDakApAlika ]
m. an inferior Kāpālika ascetic, Kathās. cxxi 6 and 13.
N. of a teacher ( ? )
khaṇḍa-kāra [ khaNDakAra ]
m. one who makes candied sugar, R. ii.
khaṇḍa-kāvya [ khaNDakAvya ]
n. a defective or minor poem ( i.e. one not on any heroic or sacred subject, and having only one topic, like Megh. Caurap. etc. ), Sāh.
khaṇḍa-kuṣmāṇḍaka [ khaNDakuSmANDaka ]
n. a particular electuary, Bhpr.
khaṇḍa-khaṇḍā [ khaNDakhaNDA ]
f., N. of one of the mothers in Skanda's retinue, MBh. ix 2638.
khaṇḍa-khāṭṭaka [ khaNDakhATTaka ]
khaṇḍa-khāḍaka [ khaNDakhADaka ]
khaṇḍa-khādya [ khaNDakhAdya ]
m. dainty, nice thing, Hariv. 8445. Bhpr.
( am ), n., N. of an astronomical Karaṇa ( vv. ll. khāṭṭaka -, -khāḍaka ). VarBṛ. Sch.
-karaṇa n. id., ib.
khaṇḍa-giri [ khaNDagiri ]
m., N. of a mountain, Buddh.
khaṇḍa-ja [ khaNDaja ]
khaṇḍa-tā [ khaNDatA ]
f. the being divided, division.
khaṇḍa-tāla [ khaNDatAla ]
m. ( in music ) a kind of measure.
khaṇḍa-deva [ khaNDadeva ]
m., N. of an author of a Comm. on Jaim. ( called Bhaṭṭa-dīpikā ) and of another work ( called Mīmāṃsā- kaustubha ).
khaṇḍa-dravya [ khaNDadravya ]
m., N. of a man, Buddh.
khaṇḍa-dhārā [ khaNDadhArA ]
f. shears, scissors, L.
a kind of dance or air in music ( ? ), Vikr.
khaṇḍa-pattra [ khaNDapattra ]
n. a bundle of various leaves, W.
khaṇḍa-paraśu [ khaNDaparazu ]
m. ' cutting ( his foes ) to pieces with an axe, ' Śiva. Viṣṇu. Viṣṇ.
khaṇḍa-parśu [ khaNDaparzu ]
m. ( = -paraśu ) Śiva, L.
an elephant with a broken tusk, L.
a spreader of unguents or fragrant powders etc. L.
a drug ( commonly khaṇḍâmalaka ), L.
khaṇḍa-pāka [ khaNDapAka ]
m. syrup prepared with spices, Bhpr.
khaṇḍa-pāṇi [ khaNDapANi ]
m., N. of a prince ( v.l. daṇḍ° ).
khaṇḍa-pāla [ khaNDapAla ]
m. a seller of sweetmeats, confectioner, L.
khaṇḍa-pralaya [ khaNDapralaya ]
m. partial destruction of the universe ( all the spheres beneath Svarga or heaven being dissolved ), W.
the dissolution of the bonds of friendship, quarrel ( for -praṇaya ? ), W.
khaṇḍa-praśasti [ khaNDaprazasti ]
f., N. of a poem attributed to Hanūmat ( an older N. for the play called after him ).
khaṇḍa-prastāra [ khaNDaprastAra ]
m. ( in music ) a kind of measure.
khaṇḍa-phaṇa [ khaNDaphaNa ]
m. a kind of serpent, Suśr.
khaṇḍa-maṇḍala [ khaNDamaNDala ]
n. ' incomplete sphere, ' a segment of a circle, W.
( mfn. ) not full or round, gibbous, W.
khaṇḍa-maya [ khaNDamaya ]
mfn. consisting of pieces, W.
khaṇḍa-mātrā [ khaNDamAtrA ]
f. a kind of song, Sāh.
khaṇḍa-modaka [ khaNDamodaka ]
m. = -ja, L.
khaṇḍa-rakṣa [ khaNDarakSa ]
m. superintendent of wards, Jain. Inscr.
khaṇḍa-rasa [ khaNDarasa ]
m. ( in rhet. ) a partial Rasa ( = saṃcāri-r° ), Sāh.
khaṇḍa-lavaṇa [ khaNDalavaNa ]
n. black salt, L.
khaṇḍa-lekhaka [ khaNDalekhaka ]
m. ( = khañjalekha ) a wagtail, Gal.
khaṇḍa-vaṭaka [ khaNDavaTaka ]
m. n., N. of a village or town, Kathās. cxxiv.
khaṇḍa-vikṛti [ khaNDavikRti ]
f. candied sugar, W.
khaṇḍa-śarkarā [ khaNDazarkarA ]
f. candied sugar, sugar in pieces, Suśr.
khaṇḍa-śas [ khaNDazas ]
ind. in pieces, by pieces, bit by bit, piece by piece, MBh. R. Suśr.
°śaḥ-√ kṛ, to divide or cut into pieces, Pañcat.
khaṇḍa-śākhā [ khaNDazAkhA ]
f., N. of a creeper ( cf. kāṇḍa-ś° ), L.
khaṇḍa-śīlā [ khaNDazIlA ]
f. ' unsteady in conduct, ' an unchaste wife, L.
khaṇḍa-sāra [ khaNDasAra ]
m. = -ja, L.
khaṇḍa-sphuṭa-pratisaṃskaraṇa [ khaNDasphuTapratisaMskaraNa ]
n. repairing of dilapidations, Divyâv. i.
( Pāli °ṇḍa-phulla-. )
khaṇḍâbhra [ khaNDAbhra ]
n. scattered clouds, L.
a bite or impression of the teeth in amorous sport, L.
khaṇḍâmalaka [ khaNDAmalaka ]
n. myrobalan cut up into small pieces ( used as a medicine ), L.
khaṇḍâmra [ khaNDAmra ]
n. id., L.
khaṇḍâlī [ khaNDAlI ]
f. a measure for oil, W.
a pond, W.
a woman whose husband has been guilty of infidelity, W.
khaṇḍêndu [ khaNDendu ]
m. ' defective moon, ' the crescent, Hcat.
-maṇḍana m. ' having the crescent for his ornament, ' Śiva. Rājat. i 280.
khaṇḍôdbhava [ khaNDodbhava ]
khaṇḍôdbhūta [ khaNDodbhUta ]
m. = khaṇḍa-ja, Gal.
khaṇḍoṣṭha [ khaNDoSTha ]
m. a particular disease of the lips, ŚārṅgS. i 7 74.