Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 मानुष mā'nuṣa [ mAnuSa ]
- 1.1 mā'nuṣa-tā [ mAnuSatA ]
- 1.2 mā'nuṣa-tva [ mAnuSatva ]
- 1.3 mā'nuṣa-daivika [ mAnuSadaivika ]
- 1.4 mā'nuṣa-pradhana [ mAnuSapradhana ]
- 1.5 mā'nuṣa-māṃsâda [ mAnuSamAMsAda ]
- 1.6 mā'nuṣa-rākṣasa [ mAnuSarAkSasa ]
- 1.7 mā'nuṣa-laukika [ mAnuSalaukika ]
- 1.8 mā'nuṣa-sambhava [ mAnuSasambhava ]
- 1.9 mānuṣâda [ mAnuSAda ]
- 1.10 mānuṣôpêta [ mAnuSopeta ]
मानुष mā'nuṣa [ mAnuSa ]
or mānuṣá mf ( ī ) n. ( fr. manus ) belonging to mankind, human cf. RV. etc.
favourable or propitious to men, humane cf. RV. cf. AV.
m. ( ifc. f. ā ) a man, human being ( pl. the races of men, 5 in number ) cf. RV. etc.
N. of the signs of the zodiac Gemini, Virgo, and Libra cf. VarBṛS.
( ī ), f. a woman cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
( scil. cikitsā ), human medicine ', a branch of medicine, the administering of drugs ( opp. to āsurī and daivīcik° ) cf. W.
n. the condition or manner or action of men, humanity, manhood cf. RV. etc.
N. of a place cf. Cat.
mā'nuṣa-tā [ mAnuSatA ]
f. the state or condition or nature of man, manhood , manliness, humanity cf. MBh. cf. R. cf. Pur.
mā'nuṣa-tva [ mAnuSatva ]
n. the state or condition or nature of man, manhood , manliness, humanity cf. MBh. cf. R. cf. Pur.
mā'nuṣa-daivika [ mAnuSadaivika ]
mfn. human and divine cf. Mn. i, 65
mā'nuṣa-pradhana [ mAnuSapradhana ]
( mā'n° ), mfn. fighting for men cf. RV.
mā'nuṣa-māṃsâda [ mAnuSamAMsAda ]
mfn. eating man's flesh cf. MBh.
mā'nuṣa-rākṣasa [ mAnuSarAkSasa ]
m. a fiend in human form cf. Bhartṛ
( ī ), f. a she-demon in human form cf. Kathās
mā'nuṣa-laukika [ mAnuSalaukika ]
mfn. belonging to the world of men, human cf. MBh.
mā'nuṣa-sambhava [ mAnuSasambhava ]
mfn. coming from or produced by men cf. MW.
mānuṣâda [ mAnuSAda ]
m. a man-eater
-tva n. cannibalism cf. Kād
mānuṣôpêta [ mAnuSopeta ]
mfn. joined with human effort cf. MBh.