Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 madhyamá [ madhyama ]
- 1.1 madhyamá-kakṣā [ madhyamakakSA ]
- 1.2 madhyamá-kāṇḍa [ madhyamakANDa ]
- 1.3 madhyamá-khaṇḍa [ madhyamakhaNDa ]
- 1.4 madhyamá-gati [ madhyamagati ]
- 1.5 madhyamá-grāma [ madhyamagrAma ]
- 1.6 madhyamá-jāta [ madhyamajAta ]
- 1.7 madhyamá-ṭīkā [ madhyamaTIkA ]
- 1.8 madhyamá-pada [ madhyamapada ]
- 1.9 madhyamá-parṇá [ madhyamaparNa ]
- 1.10 madhyamá-pāṇḍava [ madhyamapANDava ]
- 1.11 madhyamá-puruṣa [ madhyamapuruSa ]
- 1.12 madhyamá-pūruṣa [ madhyamapUruSa ]
- 1.13 madhyamá-bhṛtaka [ madhyamabhRtaka ]
- 1.14 madhyamá-yāna [ madhyamayAna ]
- 1.15 madhyamá-rātra [ madhyamarAtra ]
- 1.16 madhyamá-rekhā [ madhyamarekhA ]
- 1.17 madhyamá-loka [ madhyamaloka ]
- 1.18 madhyamá-vayas [ madhyamavayas ]
- 1.19 madhyamá-vayaska [ madhyamavayaska ]
- 1.20 madhyamá-vā'h [ madhyamavAh ]
- 1.21 madhyamá-śī [ madhyamazI ]
- 1.22 madhyamá-saṃgraha [ madhyamasaMgraha ]
- 1.23 madhyamá-sāhasa [ madhyamasAhasa ]
- 1.24 madhyamá-stha [ madhyamastha ]
- 1.25 madhyamá-sthā' [ madhyamasthA ]
- 1.26 madhyamá-sthéya [ madhyamastheya ]
- 1.27 madhyamá-svara [ madhyamasvara ]
- 1.28 madhyamâgama [ madhyamAgama ]
- 1.29 madhyamâṅgiras [ madhyamAGgiras ]
- 1.30 madhyamâṅguli [ madhyamAGguli ]
- 1.31 madhyamâtreya [ madhyamAtreya ]
- 1.32 madhyamâdi [ madhyamAdi ]
- 1.33 madhyamâdī [ madhyamAdI ]
- 1.34 madhyamâdhikāra [ madhyamAdhikAra ]
- 1.35 madhyamâharaṇa [ madhyamAharaNa ]
- 1.36 madhyamêśvara [ madhyamezvara ]
- 1.37 madhyamêṣā' [ madhyameSA ]
- 1.38 madhyamôccais-tara [ madhyamoccaistara ]
- 1.39 madhyamôtkhāta [ madhyamotkhAta ]
madhyamá [ madhyama ]
mf ( ā ) n. ( superl. of mádhya ) middle ( used like Lat. medius e.g. madhyaime gulme, ' in the midst of the troop ' ) cf. MBh. cf. R.
being or placed in the middle, middlemost, intermediate, central cf. RV. etc.
middle-born ( neither youngest nor oldest ), Veṇis
of a middle kind or size or quality, middling, moderate cf. TS. etc.
standing between two persons or parties, impartial, neutral cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
( in astron. ) mean ( cf. madhya ) cf. Sūryas
relating to the meridian cf. ib.
m. the middlemost prince ( whose territory lies between that of a king seeking conquest and that of his foe ) cf. Mn. vii, 155
the middle character in plays cf. IW. 473
the midland country ( = madhya-deśa ) cf. L.
( in music ) the 4th or 5th note cf. Saṃgīt
the middlemost of the 3 scales cf. ib.
a partic. Rāga cf. ib.
( in gram. ) the 2nd person ( = -puruṣa ) cf. Pāṇ.
the governor of a province cf. L.
a kind of antelope cf. L.
N. of the 18th Kalpa ( s.v. ) cf. Cat.
pl. a class of gods cf. ŚāṅkhSr
( with Buddhists ) N. of a partic. cf. Buddh. sect cf. Sarvad
m. n. the middle of the body, waist cf. MBh. cf. R. etc.
( ā ), f. the womb cf. TBr.
the middle finger cf. Kauś. cf. Suśr.
midnight cf. L.
a girl arrived at puberty cf. L.
the pericarp of a lotus cf. L.
a central blossom cf. W.
a kind of metre cf. L.
( in music ) a partic. Mūrchanā cf. Saṃgīt
n. the middle cf. APrāt.
mediocrity, defectiveness, Śṛṅgār
N. of the 12th ( 14th ) Kāṇḍa of the cf. ŚBr.
( in astron. ) the meridian ecliptic point cf. Sūryas
madhyamá-kakṣā [ madhyamakakSA ]
f. the middle enclosure or courtyard cf. MBh.
madhyamá-kāṇḍa [ madhyamakANDa ]
n. N. of the 2nd Kāṇḍa of the cf. MaitrS.
madhyamá-khaṇḍa [ madhyamakhaNDa ]
n. ( in alg. ) the middle term of an equation
N. of part ii of the cf. ŚārṅgS.
madhyamá-gati [ madhyamagati ]
f. ( in astron. ) mean motion of a planet cf. Cat.
madhyamá-grāma [ madhyamagrAma ]
m. ( in music ) the middle scale cf. Saṃgīt
madhyamá-jāta [ madhyamajAta ]
mfn. middle-born, born between ( two other children ), middlemost
madhyamá-ṭīkā [ madhyamaTIkA ]
f. N. of wk. by Kumārila cf. Cat.
madhyamá-pada [ madhyamapada ]
n. the middle number ( which is sometimes omitted and requires to be supplied in a compound consisting of two words )
madhyamá-parṇá [ madhyamaparNa ]
n. ( prob. ) a middle-sized leaf cf. MaitrS.
madhyamá-pāṇḍava [ madhyamapANDava ]
m. ' the middlemost of the five Pāṇḍavas ', Arjuna cf. W.
madhyamá-puruṣa [ madhyamapuruSa ]
m. a partic. personification cf. Gaut
madhyamá-pūruṣa [ madhyamapUruSa ]
m. a mediocre person cf. MBh.
madhyamá-bhṛtaka [ madhyamabhRtaka ]
m. a husbandman, a farm- labourer who works both for his master and himself cf. W.
madhyamá-yāna [ madhyamayAna ]
n. ' the middle passage ', the middle way to salvation cf. MWB. 159
madhyamá-rātra [ madhyamarAtra ]
m. midnight cf. AitBr. cf. Kauś
madhyamá-rekhā [ madhyamarekhA ]
f. ( in astron. ) the central meridian of the earth ( a line conceived to be drawn through Laṅkā, Ujjayinī, Kuru-kshetra, and Meru ; madhya-rekhā ).
madhyamá-loka [ madhyamaloka ]
m. the middle world ( between heaven and the nether world ), the earth
-pāla m. ' protector of the middle world ', a king cf. Kāv
°kêndu m. ' moon of the middle world ', a king cf. Rājat
madhyamá-vayas [ madhyamavayas ]
n. middle age cf. ŚBr.
madhyamá-vayaska [ madhyamavayaska ]
mfn. middle-aged cf. W.
madhyamá-vā'h [ madhyamavAh ]
mfn. driving at middling or slow speed ( = manda-gamanena vāhaka ) cf. RV. ii, 29, 4 cf. Sāy. ( prob. ' driving in the middle ', scil. between gods and men )
madhyamá-śī [ madhyamazI ]
m. ' lying or being in the middle ', ( prob. ) an intercessor cf. RV. x, 97, 12
madhyamá-saṃgraha [ madhyamasaMgraha ]
m. the middle method of intriguing with another's wife ( presenting flowers etc. ) cf. W.
madhyamá-sāhasa [ madhyamasAhasa ]
m. the middlemost penalty or amercement, punishment for crimes of a middle degree cf. Mn. viii, 138, 263
m. n. violence or outrage of the middle class ( injuring buildings, throwing down walls etc. ) cf. W.
madhyamá-stha [ madhyamastha ]
mfn. standing or being in the middle, g. brāhmaṇâdi
madhyamá-sthā' [ madhyamasthA ]
mfn. standing in the middle, forming the centre ( of a community ) cf. VS.
madhyamá-sthéya [ madhyamastheya ]
n. the state of standing in the middle or forming the centre cf. TS.
madhyamá-svara [ madhyamasvara ]
m. the middle or dominant note cf. Mālav. i, 21
mfn. spoken in a middle tone ( not too loud and not too low ) cf. R.
madhyamâgama [ madhyamAgama ]
m. one of the 4Āgamas cf. Buddh.
madhyamâṅgiras [ madhyamAGgiras ]
m. the middle-sized Aṅgiras cf. Cat.
madhyamâṅguli [ madhyamAGguli ]
m. the middle finger cf. L.
madhyamâtreya [ madhyamAtreya ]
m. the middle sized Ātreya cf. Cat.
madhyamâdi [ madhyamAdi ]
m. or ( in music ) a partic. Rāgiṇī cf. Saṃgīt
madhyamâdī [ madhyamAdI ]
f. ( in music ) a partic. Rāgiṇī cf. Saṃgīt
madhyamâdhikāra [ madhyamAdhikAra ]
m. N. of the 1st ch. of cf. Sūryas
madhyamâharaṇa [ madhyamAharaNa ]
n. the elimination of the middle term of an equation cf. Col.
madhyamêśvara [ madhyamezvara ]
m. N. of a Liṅga of Śiva in Benares, KūrmaP.
madhyamêṣā' [ madhyameSA ]
f. a partic. part of a chariot cf. MaitrS. cf. TS.
madhyamôccais-tara [ madhyamoccaistara ]
mf ( ā ) n. half loud and very loud cf. Vait
madhyamôtkhāta [ madhyamotkhAta ]
m. a Partic. division of time cf. L.