Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 मुख mukha [ mukha ]
- 1.1 mukha-kamala [ mukhakamala ]
- 1.2 mukha-khura [ mukhakhura ]
- 1.3 mukha-gata [ mukhagata ]
- 1.4 mukha-gandhaka [ mukhagandhaka ]
- 1.5 mukha-grahaṇa [ mukhagrahaNa ]
- 1.6 mukha-ghaṇṭā [ mukhaghaNTA ]
- 1.7 mukha-candra [ mukhacandra ]
- 1.8 mukha-capala [ mukhacapala ]
- 1.9 mukha-capeṭikā [ mukhacapeTikA ]
- 1.10 mukha-cāpalya [ mukhacApalya ]
- 1.11 mukha-cāli [ mukhacAli ]
- 1.12 mukha-cīrī [ mukhacIrI ]
- 1.13 mukha-cchada [ mukhacchada ]
- 1.14 mukha-cchavi [ mukhacchavi ]
- 1.15 mukha-ja [ mukhaja ]
- 1.16 mukha-janman [ mukhajanman ]
- 1.17 mukha-jāha [ mukhajAha ]
- 1.18 mukha-tás [ mukhatas ]
- 1.19 mukha-tas [ mukhatas ]
- 1.20 mukha-tuṇḍaka [ mukhatuNDaka ]
- 1.21 mukha-daghná [ mukhadaghna ]
- 1.22 mukha-dūṣaṇa [ mukhadUSaNa ]
- 1.23 mukha-dūṣaṇaka [ mukhadUSaNaka ]
- 1.24 mukha-dūṣikā [ mukhadUSikA ]
- 1.25 mukha-dhautā [ mukhadhautA ]
- 1.26 mukha-nāsika [ mukhanAsika ]
- 1.27 mukha-nirīkṣaka [ mukhanirIkSaka ]
- 1.28 mukha-nivāsinī [ mukhanivAsinI ]
- 1.29 mukha-paṅkaja [ mukhapaGkaja ]
- 1.30 mukha-paṭa [ mukhapaTa ]
- 1.31 mukha-pāka [ mukhapAka ]
- 1.32 mukha-piṇḍa [ mukhapiNDa ]
- 1.33 mukha-puṣpaka [ mukhapuSpaka ]
- 1.34 mukha-puraṇa [ mukhapuraNa ]
- 1.35 mukha-poñchana [ mukhapoJchana ]
- 1.36 mukha-pratimukha [ mukhapratimukha ]
- 1.37 mukha-prasāda [ mukhaprasAda ]
- 1.38 mukha-prasādhana [ mukhaprasAdhana ]
- 1.39 mukha-priya [ mukhapriya ]
- 1.40 mukha-prêkṣa [ mukhaprekSa ]
- 1.41 mukha-prêkṣin [ mukhaprekSin ]
- 1.42 mukha-phullaka [ mukhaphullaka ]
- 1.43 mukha-bandha [ mukhabandha ]
- 1.44 mukha-bandhana [ mukhabandhana ]
- 1.45 mukha-bāhûru-paj-ja [ mukhabAhUrupajja ]
- 1.46 mukha-bāhûrupādatas [ mukhabAhUrupAdatas ]
- 1.47 mukha-bhagā [ mukhabhagA ]
- 1.48 mukha-bhaṅga [ mukhabhaGga ]
- 1.49 mukha-bhaṅgī [ mukhabhaGgI ]
- 1.50 mukha-bhūṣaṇa [ mukhabhUSaNa ]
- 1.51 mukha-bheda [ mukhabheda ]
- 1.52 mukha-maṇḍana [ mukhamaNDana ]
- 1.53 mukha-maṇḍanaka [ mukhamaNDanaka ]
- 1.54 mukha-maṇḍala [ mukhamaNDala ]
- 1.55 mukha-maṇḍikā [ mukhamaNDikA ]
- 1.56 mukha-maṇḍinikā [ mukhamaNDinikA ]
- 1.57 mukha-maṇḍī [ mukhamaNDI ]
- 1.58 mukha-madhu [ mukhamadhu ]
- 1.59 mukha-mātra [ mukhamAtra ]
- 1.60 mukha-mādhurya [ mukhamAdhurya ]
- 1.61 mukha-māruta [ mukhamAruta ]
- 1.62 mukha-mārjana [ mukhamArjana ]
- 1.63 mukha-mudrā [ mukhamudrA ]
- 1.64 mukha-moda [ mukhamoda ]
- 1.65 mukha-m-paca [ mukhampaca ]
- 1.66 mukha-yantraṇa [ mukhayantraNa ]
- 1.67 mukha-yoni [ mukhayoni ]
- 1.68 mukha-rajju [ mukharajju ]
- 1.69 mukha-randhra [ mukharandhra ]
- 1.70 mukha-rāga [ mukharAga ]
- 1.71 mukha-ruj [ mukharuj ]
- 1.72 mukha-rekhā [ mukharekhA ]
- 1.73 mukha-roga [ mukharoga ]
- 1.74 mukha-rogika [ mukharogika ]
- 1.75 mukha-rogin [ mukharogin ]
- 1.76 mukha-lāṅgala [ mukhalAGgala ]
- 1.77 mukha-lepa [ mukhalepa ]
- 1.78 mukha-vat [ mukhavat ]
- 1.79 mukha-varṇa [ mukhavarNa ]
- 1.80 mukha-vallabha [ mukhavallabha ]
- 1.81 mukha-vastrikā [ mukhavastrikA ]
- 1.82 mukha-vāṭikā [ mukhavATikA ]
- 1.83 mukha-vādya [ mukhavAdya ]
- 1.84 mukha-vasa [ mukhavasa ]
- 1.85 mukha-vāsana [ mukhavAsana ]
- 1.86 mukha-vipulā [ mukhavipulA ]
- 1.87 mukha-viluṇṭhika [ mukhaviluNThika ]
- 1.88 mukha-viṣṭhā [ mukhaviSThA ]
- 1.89 mukha-vairasya [ mukhavairasya ]
- 1.90 mukha-vyādāna [ mukhavyAdAna ]
- 1.91 mukha-śapha [ mukhazapha ]
- 1.92 mukha-śaśin [ mukhazazin ]
- 1.93 mukha-śālā [ mukhazAlA ]
- 1.94 mukha-śuddhi [ mukhazuddhi ]
- 1.95 mukha-śṛṅga [ mukhazRGga ]
- 1.96 mukha-seṣa [ mukhaseSa ]
- 1.97 mukha-śodhana [ mukhazodhana ]
- 1.98 mukha-śodhin [ mukhazodhin ]
- 1.99 mukha-śobhā [ mukhazobhA ]
- 1.100 mukha-śoṣa [ mukhazoSa ]
- 1.101 mukha-śoṣin [ mukhazoSin ]
- 1.102 mukha-śrī [ mukhazrI ]
- 1.103 mukha-ṣṭhīla [ mukhaSThIla ]
- 1.104 mukha-saṃdaṃśa [ mukhasaMdaMza ]
- 1.105 mukha-saṃdhi [ mukhasaMdhi ]
- 1.106 mukha-sambhava [ mukhasambhava ]
- 1.107 mukha-sammita [ mukhasammita ]
- 1.108 mukha-sukha [ mukhasukha ]
- 1.109 mukha-sura [ mukhasura ]
- 1.110 mukha-secaka [ mukhasecaka ]
- 1.111 mukha-srāva [ mukhasrAva ]
- 1.112 mukhâkāra [ mukhAkAra ]
- 1.113 mukhâkṣepa [ mukhAkSepa ]
- 1.114 mukhâgni [ mukhAgni ]
- 1.115 mukhâgra [ mukhAgra ]
- 1.116 mukhâṅga [ mukhAGga ]
- 1.117 múkhâdāna [ mukhAdAna ]
- 1.118 mukhâdi-tva [ mukhAditva ]
- 1.119 mukhânila [ mukhAnila ]
- 1.120 mukhâbja [ mukhAbja ]
- 1.121 mukhâmaya [ mukhAmaya ]
- 1.122 mukhâmṛta [ mukhAmRta ]
- 1.123 mukhâmodā [ mukhAmodA ]
- 1.124 mukhâmbuja [ mukhAmbuja ]
- 1.125 mukhârcis [ mukhArcis ]
- 1.126 mukhârjaka [ mukhArjaka ]
- 1.127 mukhâlu [ mukhAlu ]
- 1.128 mukhâvarī [ mukhAvarI ]
- 1.129 mukhâvalepa [ mukhAvalepa ]
- 1.130 mukhâsava [ mukhAsava ]
- 1.131 mukhâstra [ mukhAstra ]
- 1.132 mukhâsrāva [ mukhAsrAva ]
- 1.133 mukhâsvāda [ mukhAsvAda ]
- 1.134 mukhêndu [ mukhendu ]
- 1.135 mukhe-balin [ mukhebalin ]
- 1.136 mukhe-bhagā [ mukhebhagA ]
- 1.137 mukhe-bhava [ mukhebhava ]
- 1.138 mukhôcchvāsa [ mukhocchvAsa ]
- 1.139 mukhôtkīrṇa [ mukhotkIrNa ]
- 1.140 mukhôlkā [ mukholkA ]
मुख mukha [ mukha ]
n. ( m., g. ardharc7adi ; ifc. ā, or ī, cf. Pāṇ. iv, 1, 54, 58 ) the mouth, face, countenance cf. RV. &c, etc.
the beak of a bird, snout or muzzle of an animal cf. GṛS. cf. Mn. cf. MBh. etc.
a direction, quarter ( esp. ifc., cf. diṅ-m°
mfn. turning or turned towards, facing, cf. adho-m° also am, ind., cf. prān-mukham )
the mouth or spout of a vessel cf. KātyŚr.
opening aperture, entrance into or egress out of ( gen. or comp. ) cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
the mouth or embouchure ( of a river ) cf. Ragh
the fore part, front, van ( of an army ) cf. TBr. cf. MBh.
the upper part, head, top, tip or point of anything cf. VS. cf. Br. cf. MBh. etc. ( also mfn. in comp., cf. payo-m° )
the edge ( of an axe ) cf. Kāv
the nipple ( of a breast ) cf. Hariv.
the surface, upper side cf. Āryabh. cf. Sch.
the chief, principal, best ( ifc. = having any one or anything as chief etc. ) cf. ŚBr. cf. MBh. etc.
introduction, commencement, beginning ( ifc. = beginning with
also -mukhâdi, cf. the use of ādi ) cf. Br. cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
source, cause, occasion of ( gen. or comp. ) cf. MBh.
a means ( ena ind. by means of ) cf. Śaṃk
( in dram. ) the original cause or source of the action cf. Daśar. cf. Pratāp
( in alg. ) the first term or initial quantity of a progression cf. Col.
( in geom. ) the side opposite to the base, the summit cf. ib.
the Veda cf. L.
rock salt cf. L.
copper cf. L.
m. Artocarpus Locuchs cf. L.
mukha-kamala [ mukhakamala ]
n. ' face-lotus ', a lotus-like face cf. MW.
mukha-khura [ mukhakhura ]
m. ' mouth-razor ', a tooth cf. L.
mukha-gata [ mukhagata ]
mfn. being in the mouth or in the face cf. Subh
mukha-gandhaka [ mukhagandhaka ]
m. ' mouth-scenting ', an onion cf. L.
mukha-grahaṇa [ mukhagrahaNa ]
n. kissing the mouth cf. Daś
mukha-ghaṇṭā [ mukhaghaNTA ]
f. ' mouth-bell ', a partic. sound made with the mouth cf. L.
°ṭikā f. = mukulikā, col. 2
mukha-candra [ mukhacandra ]
m. ' face-moon ', a moon-like face cf. Bhartṛ
-mas m. = prec. cf. Kāvyâd
mukha-capala [ mukhacapala ]
mf ( ā ) n. ' one whose mouth is ever moving ', loquacious, garrulous ( -tva n. ) cf. Var
( ā ), f. a kind of Āryā metre cf. Piṅg. cf. Col.
mukha-capeṭikā [ mukhacapeTikA ]
f. a slap on the face, box on the ear ( cf. durjanam° )
mukha-cāpalya [ mukhacApalya ]
n. loquacity cf. Dhūrtan
mukha-cāli [ mukhacAli ]
f. an introductory dance cf. Saṃgīt
mukha-cīrī [ mukhacIrI ]
f. the tongue cf. L.
mukha-cchada [ mukhacchada ]
m. or n. ( ? ) a face-cover, eye-bandage cf. Kir
mukha-cchavi [ mukhacchavi ]
f. ' face-colour ', complexion cf. Daś
mukha-ja [ mukhaja ]
mfn. produced from or in the mouth cf. L.
being on the face ( with abhinaya m. change of countenance, play of feature ) cf. Saṃgīt
m. ' mouth-born ', a Brāhman ( so called as produced from the mouth of Brahmā ), Sinh^as, a tooth cf. W.
mukha-janman [ mukhajanman ]
m. a Brāhman cf. Gal. ( cf. prec. )
mukha-jāha [ mukhajAha ]
n. the root or point of issue of the mouth, the top of the pharynx, g. karṇâdi. -1
mukha-tás [ mukhatas ]
ind. from or at the mouth, by means of the mouth
at the head, in the front, from before cf. RV. cf. TS. cf. Br. etc.
-taḥ-kāram ind. cf. Pāṇ. 3-4, 61 cf. Sch. -2
mukha-tas [ mukhatas ]
mfn. = mukhe tasyati cf. Pāṇ. cf. ib.
mukha-tuṇḍaka [ mukhatuNDaka ]
m. or n. ( ? ) the mouth cf. Divyâv
mukha-daghná [ mukhadaghna ]
mfn. reaching to the mouth cf. ŚBr.
mukha-dūṣaṇa [ mukhadUSaNa ]
n. ( cf. L. ) or ( cf. Bhpr. ) ' mouth- defiler ', an onion
mukha-dūṣaṇaka [ mukhadUSaNaka ]
m. ( cf. Bhpr. ) ' mouth-defiler ', an onion
mukha-dūṣikā [ mukhadUSikA ]
f. ' face-spoiler ', an eruption which disfigures the face cf. Bhpr. cf. ŚarṅgS.
mukha-dhautā [ mukhadhautA ]
f. Clerodendrum Siphonanthus cf. L.
mukha-nāsika [ mukhanAsika ]
n. sg. the mouth and nose, Acf. Prāt.
mukha-nirīkṣaka [ mukhanirIkSaka ]
mfn. ' face-gazer ', idle, lazy cf. L.
m. an idler cf. W.
mukha-nivāsinī [ mukhanivAsinI ]
f. ' dwelling in the mouth ', N. of Sarasvati cf. L.
mukha-paṅkaja [ mukhapaGkaja ]
m. ' face-lotus ', a lotus-like face cf. Kāvyâd
mukha-paṭa [ mukhapaTa ]
m. ' face-cloth ', a veil cf. Megh
mukha-pāka [ mukhapAka ]
m. inflammation of the mouth cf. Suśr. cf. ŚārṅgS.
mukha-piṇḍa [ mukhapiNDa ]
m. or n. ( ? ) a lump or piece of food in the mouth cf. Bhartṛ
mukha-puṣpaka [ mukhapuSpaka ]
n. a kind of ornament cf. L.
mukha-puraṇa [ mukhapuraNa ]
n. ' filling the mouth ', a mouthful of water, a mouth in general cf. L.
mukha-poñchana [ mukhapoJchana ]
( for -prôñchana ), n. a cloth or napkin for wiping the mouth cf. L. ( w.r. -pocchana )
mukha-pratimukha [ mukhapratimukha ]
speech and reply ( ? ) cf. MW.
mukha-prasāda [ mukhaprasAda ]
m. the light of the countenance, graciousness of aspect
mukha-prasādhana [ mukhaprasAdhana ]
n. decorating or painting the face cf. Mālav
mukha-priya [ mukhapriya ]
mfn. pleasant in the mouth cf. Suśr.
m. an orange cf. Bhpr.
mukha-prêkṣa [ mukhaprekSa ]
( cf. MBh. ) or ( cf. Rājat. ), mfn. observing or watching the face ( to detect any one's intentions).
mukha-prêkṣin [ mukhaprekSin ]
( cf. Rājat. ), mfn. observing or watching the face ( to detect any one's intentions).
mukha-phullaka [ mukhaphullaka ]
n. a kind of ornament cf. L.
mukha-bandha [ mukhabandha ]
m. ' head-composition ', preface cf. MW.
mukha-bandhana [ mukhabandhana ]
n. ' top-fastening ', a lid, cover cf. L.
' head-composition ', introduction, preface cf. Chandom
the fifth change which takes place in warm milk when mixed with Takra cf. L.
mukha-bāhûru-paj-ja [ mukhabAhUrupajja ]
mfn. sprung from the mouth, arms, thighs and feet cf. Mn. i, 87
mukha-bāhûrupādatas [ mukhabAhUrupAdatas ]
ind. from the mouth, arms, thighs and feet cf. MW.
mukha-bhagā [ mukhabhagA ]
f. ( a woman ) who suffers her mouth to be used as a vulva cf. Hariv. ( cf. mukhe-bhagā, bhagâsya )
mukha-bhaṅga [ mukhabhaGga ]
m. a blow on the face ( upânan-m, a blow on the face with a shoe ) cf. Cāṇ
a face distorted by sickness, wry face, grimace cf. Kād. cf. GāruḍaP.
mukha-bhaṅgī [ mukhabhaGgI ]
f. the act of making wry faces cf. Naish. cf. Comm.
mukha-bhūṣaṇa [ mukhabhUSaNa ]
n. ' mouth-ornament ', betel cf. L.
tin ( ? ) cf. L.
mukha-bheda [ mukhabheda ]
m. distortion of the face, gaping cf. MBh.
mukha-maṇḍana [ mukhamaNDana ]
or m. Clerodendrum Phlomoides cf. L.
mukha-maṇḍanaka [ mukhamaNDanaka ]
m. Clerodendrum Phlomoides cf. L.
mukha-maṇḍala [ mukhamaNDala ]
n. ' face-orb ', the face, countenance cf. Kāv
mukha-maṇḍikā [ mukhamaNDikA ]
( cf. MBh. cf. Suśr. ) or ( ŚarṅgS. ), f. a partic. disease or the deity presiding over it,
mukha-maṇḍinikā [ mukhamaNDinikA ]
( ŚarṅgS. ), f. a partic. disease or the deity presiding over it,
mukha-maṇḍī [ mukhamaNDI ]
f. N. of one of the Mātṛs attending on Skanda cf. Hariv.
mukha-madhu [ mukhamadhu ]
mfn. honey-mouthed, sweet-lipped cf. Śak
mukha-mātra [ mukhamAtra ]
mf ( ī ) n. reaching to the mouth cf. VS. cf. Comm., ( e ) ind. as high as the mouth cf. KātyŚr.
mukha-mādhurya [ mukhamAdhurya ]
n. a partic. disease of the phlegm, ŚarṅgS.
mukha-māruta [ mukhamAruta ]
m. ' mouth wind ', breath cf. Kālid
mukha-mārjana [ mukhamArjana ]
n. washing or cleansing the mouth ( after meals etc. ) cf. MW.
mukha-mudrā [ mukhamudrA ]
f. distortion of the face or ( more prob. ) silence cf. Naish
mukha-moda [ mukhamoda ]
m. Hyperanthera Morings cf. L.
mukha-m-paca [ mukhampaca ]
m. a beggar cf. L.
mukha-yantraṇa [ mukhayantraNa ]
n. ' mouth-curb ', the bit of a bridle cf. L.
mukha-yoni [ mukhayoni ]
m. = āsekya cf. Bhpr.
mukha-rajju [ mukharajju ]
f. ' mouth-cord ', the bridle or bit of a horse cf. L.
mukha-randhra [ mukharandhra ]
n. the mouth of a flute cf. Saṃgīt
mukha-rāga [ mukharAga ]
m. colour of the face cf. Ragh. cf. Kathās
mukha-ruj [ mukharuj ]
f. any disease of the mouth cf. VarBṛS.
mukha-rekhā [ mukharekhA ]
f. feature, mien, air cf. Prasannar
mukha-roga [ mukharoga ]
m. = -ruj ( q.v. ) cf. Suśr. cf. VarBṛS. cf. MārkP.
mukha-rogika [ mukharogika ]
mfn. relating to mouth-disease cf. Suśr.
mukha-rogin [ mukharogin ]
mfn. diseased in the mouth cf. ib.
mukha-lāṅgala [ mukhalAGgala ]
m. ' using his snout for a plough ', a boar, hog cf. Harav
mukha-lepa [ mukhalepa ]
m. anointing the mouth cf. Bhartṛ
anointing the upper side of a drum cf. ib.
a partic. disease of the phlegmatic humour cf. ŚārṅgS. ( cf. āsyôpalepa )
mukha-vat [ mukhavat ]
mfn. possessing a mouth cf. MaitrUp.
mukha-varṇa [ mukhavarNa ]
m. colour of the face cf. MBh. cf. R. cf. Pañcat
mukha-vallabha [ mukhavallabha ]
m. a pomegranate tree cf. L.
mukha-vastrikā [ mukhavastrikA ]
f. a piece of fine muslin or net held before the face while speaking cf. HPariś
mukha-vāṭikā [ mukhavATikA ]
f. a species of plant ( = amba-ṣṭhā ) cf. L.
mukha-vādya [ mukhavAdya ]
n. any musical instrument sounded with the mouth cf. L.
( in the worship of Śiva ) a kind of musical sound made with the mouth ( by striking it with the hand ) cf. L.
mukha-vasa [ mukhavasa ]
m. ' mouth-perfume ', a perfume used to scent the breath cf. Pañcat. cf. BhP. cf. Pañcar.
a partic. intoxicating drink cf. L.
fragrant grass cf. L.
mukha-vāsana [ mukhavAsana ]
n. mouth-perfume ( = -vāsa ) cf. L.
the smell of camphor cf. L.
mfn. having the smell of camphor cf. L.
mukha-vipulā [ mukhavipulA ]
f. a kind of Āryā metre cf. Piṅg
mukha-viluṇṭhika [ mukhaviluNThika ]
f. a she-goat cf. L.
mukha-viṣṭhā [ mukhaviSThA ]
f. a species of cockroach cf. L.
mukha-vairasya [ mukhavairasya ]
n. a bad taste in the mouth cf. Suśr.
mukha-vyādāna [ mukhavyAdAna ]
n. the act of opening the mouth wide, gaping cf. Hit.
mukha-śapha [ mukhazapha ]
mfn. foul-mouthed, scurrilous cf. L.
mukha-śaśin [ mukhazazin ]
m. candra, Ratnav
mukha-śālā [ mukhazAlA ]
f. entrance-hall, waiting room, vestibule cf. L.
mukha-śuddhi [ mukhazuddhi ]
f. cleansing or purifying the mouth cf. Tithyād
mukha-śṛṅga [ mukhazRGga ]
m. a rhinoceros cf. L.
mukha-seṣa [ mukhaseSa ]
mfn. having only the face left
m. N. of Rāhu cf. R.
mukha-śodhana [ mukhazodhana ]
mfn. cleansing the mouth cf. L.
sharp, pungent cf. L.
m. pungency, sharp or pungent flavour cf. MW.
n. the cleansing of the mouth, Cat.
cinnamon cf. L.
mukha-śodhin [ mukhazodhin ]
mfn. cleansing the mouth cf. L.
m. a lime or citron, citron tree cf. L.
mukha-śobhā [ mukhazobhA ]
f. brilliancy of the face resulting from reading the Veda cf. L.
mukha-śoṣa [ mukhazoSa ]
m. dryness of them cf. Suśr. cf. ŚārṅgS.
mukha-śoṣin [ mukhazoSin ]
mfn. suffering from dryness of the mouth cf. Suśr.
mukha-śrī [ mukhazrI ]
f. beauty of countenance, a beautiful face cf. BhP. cf. Kāvyâd
mukha-ṣṭhīla [ mukhaSThIla ]
mfn. ( prob. for mukhâṣṭhila ) = - śapha ( q.v. ) cf. L.
mukha-saṃdaṃśa [ mukhasaMdaMza ]
m. forceps cf. Suśr.
mukha-saṃdhi [ mukhasaMdhi ]
m. ( in dram. ) N. of a kind of fugue cf. Sāh
mukha-sambhava [ mukhasambhava ]
m. ' mouth-born ', a Brāhman cf. L. ( cf. ja )
mukha-sammita [ mukhasammita ]
( múkha. ), mfn. reaching to the mouth cf. ŚBr. cf. KātyŚr.
mukha-sukha [ mukhasukha ]
n. causing ease of pronunciation cf. Pāṇ. 3-3, 57 cf. Sch.
mukha-sura [ mukhasura ]
n. lip-nectar cf. L.
mukha-secaka [ mukhasecaka ]
m. N. of, a serpent-demon cf. MBh.
mukha-srāva [ mukhasrAva ]
m. flow of saliva, SarṅgS.
saliva cf. L.
mukhâkāra [ mukhAkAra ]
m. ' form of the countenance ', mien, look cf. R.
mukhâkṣepa [ mukhAkSepa ]
m. the act of throwing up soil with the ploughshare, ( or ) an invective ( as uttered by the mouth ) cf. Kāv
mukhâgni [ mukhAgni ]
m. a forest conflagration cf. L.
a sort of goblin with a face of fire cf. W.
fire put into the mouth of a corpse at the time of lighting the funeral pile cf. W.
a sacrificial or consecrated fire cf. W.
mukhâgra [ mukhAgra ]
n. the extremity of a nose or snout
any extremity cf. L.
mukhâṅga [ mukhAGga ]
n. a part of the face cf. Kāvyâd
múkhâdāna [ mukhAdAna ]
mfn. seizing with the mouth cf. MaitrS.
mukhâdi-tva [ mukhAditva ]
n. fr. mukhâdi ', the face etc. cf. Kāvyâd
mukhânila [ mukhAnila ]
m. mouth-wind ', breath cf. ĀpŚr. cf. Comm.
mukhâbja [ mukhAbja ]
n. = mukha-kamala ( q.v. ) cf. Bhakt^am
mukhâmaya [ mukhAmaya ]
m. disease of the mouth cf. L.
mukhâmṛta [ mukhAmRta ]
n. the nectar of the mouth or countenance cf. MW.
mukhâmodā [ mukhAmodA ]
f. Boswellia Thurifera cf. L.
mukhâmbuja [ mukhAmbuja ]
n. = mukha-kamala cf. Kalyāṇam
mukhârcis [ mukhArcis ]
n. ' mouth -flame ', hot breath ( ? ) cf. Pañcar.
mukhârjaka [ mukhArjaka ]
m. Ocimum Pilosum cf. L.
mukhâlu [ mukhAlu ]
n. a species of arum cf. L.
mukhâvarī [ mukhAvarI ]
f. N. of a Rāgiṇi cf. Saṃgīt
mukhâvalepa [ mukhAvalepa ]
m. clamminess of the mouth cf. Suśr.
mukhâsava [ mukhAsava ]
m. nectar of the lips cf. Ragh
mukhâstra [ mukhAstra ]
m. ' mouth-armed ', a crab cf. L.
mukhâsrāva [ mukhAsrAva ]
m. ' flow of saliva ' cf. Suśr.
mukhâsvāda [ mukhAsvAda ]
m. kissing the mouth cf. Yājñ.
mukhêndu [ mukhendu ]
m. a moon-like face, Śṛṅgār. cf. Kāvyâd
-bimba n. id. cf. Ratnâv
mukhe-balin [ mukhebalin ]
m. a rhinoceros cf. L.
mukhe-bhagā [ mukhebhagA ]
f. = mukha-bhagā ( q.v. ) cf. MBh.
mukhe-bhava [ mukhebhava ]
mf ( ā ) n. formed in the mouth cf. RPrāt. cf. Sch.
mukhôcchvāsa [ mukhocchvAsa ]
m. breath cf. A.
mukhôtkīrṇa [ mukhotkIrNa ]
m. N. of a man cf. Rājat
mukhôlkā [ mukholkA ]
f. a forest fire cf. L.