Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 saṃ-dhí [ saMdhi ]
- 1.1 saṃ-dhí-kāṣṭha [ saMdhikASTha ]
- 1.2 saṃ-dhí-kuśala [ saMdhikuzala ]
- 1.3 saṃ-dhí-gupta [ saMdhigupta ]
- 1.4 saṃ-dhí-gṛha [ saMdhigRha ]
- 1.5 saṃ-dhí-granthi [ saMdhigranthi ]
- 1.6 saṃ-dhí-camasa [ saMdhicamasa ]
- 1.7 saṃ-dhí-cora [ saMdhicora ]
- 1.8 saṃ-dhí-caura [ saMdhicaura ]
- 1.9 saṃ-dhí-cchidā [ saMdhicchidA ]
- 1.10 saṃ-dhí-ccheda [ saMdhiccheda ]
- 1.11 saṃ-dhí-cchedaka [ saMdhicchedaka ]
- 1.12 saṃ-dhí-cchedana [ saMdhicchedana ]
- 1.13 saṃ-dhí-ja [ saMdhija ]
- 1.14 saṃ-dhí-jīvaka [ saMdhijIvaka ]
- 1.15 saṃ-dhí-tas [ saMdhitas ]
- 1.16 saṃ-dhí-taskara [ saMdhitaskara ]
- 1.17 saṃ-dhí-dūṣaṇa [ saMdhidUSaNa ]
- 1.18 saṃ-dhí-nāla [ saMdhinAla ]
- 1.19 saṃ-dhí-nirmocana [ saMdhinirmocana ]
- 1.20 saṃ-dhí-pāda [ saMdhipAda ]
- 1.21 saṃ-dhí-pūjā [ saMdhipUjA ]
- 1.22 saṃ-dhí-prabandhana [ saMdhiprabandhana ]
- 1.23 saṃ-dhí-bandha [ saMdhibandha ]
- 1.24 saṃ-dhí-bandhana [ saMdhibandhana ]
- 1.25 saṃ-dhí-bhaṅga [ saMdhibhaGga ]
- 1.26 saṃ-dhí-mat [ saMdhimat ]
- 1.27 saṃ-dhí-mati [ saMdhimati ]
- 1.28 saṃ-dhí-mukta [ saMdhimukta ]
- 1.29 saṃ-dhí-mukti [ saMdhimukti ]
- 1.30 saṃ-dhí-randhrakā [ saMdhirandhrakA ]
- 1.31 saṃ-dhí-rāga [ saMdhirAga ]
- 1.32 saṃ-dhí-rūpa [ saMdhirUpa ]
- 1.33 saṃ-dhí-rodha [ saMdhirodha ]
- 1.34 saṃ-dhí-vigraha [ saMdhivigraha ]
- 1.35 saṃ-dhí-vigrahaka [ saMdhivigrahaka ]
- 1.36 saṃ-dhí-vigrahika [ saMdhivigrahika ]
- 1.37 saṃ-dhí-vicakṣaṇa [ saMdhivicakSaNa ]
- 1.38 saṃ-dhí-vid [ saMdhivid ]
- 1.39 saṃ-dhí-viparyaya [ saMdhiviparyaya ]
- 1.40 saṃ-dhí-velā [ saMdhivelA ]
- 1.41 saṃ-dhí-śūla [ saMdhizUla ]
- 1.42 saṃ-dhí-ṣāman [ saMdhiSAman ]
- 1.43 saṃ-dhí-sambhava [ saMdhisambhava ]
- 1.44 saṃ-dhí-sarpaṇa [ saMdhisarpaNa ]
- 1.45 saṃ-dhí-sitâsita-roga [ saMdhisitAsitaroga ]
- 1.46 saṃ-dhí-stotra [ saMdhistotra ]
- 1.47 saṃ-dhí-hāraka [ saMdhihAraka ]
- 1.48 saṃdhîraṇa [ saMdhIraNa ]
- 1.49 saṃdhíśvara [ saMdhizvara ]
saṃ-dhí [ saMdhi ]
mfn. containing a conjunction or transition from one to the other etc. TBr.
m. ( exceptionally f. ; once in MBh. loc. pl. saṃdhīṣu ) junction, connection, combination, union with ( instr. ) KaṭhUp. Subh
association, intercourse with ( instr. ) MBh.
comprehension, totality, the whole essence or scope of ( comp. ) Pañcat
agreement, compact TBr.
euphonic junction of final and initial letters in grammar ( every sentence in Sanskṛt being regarded as a euphonic chain, a break in which occurs at the end of a sentence and is denoted by a Virāma or Avasāna, ' stop '
this euphonic coalition causing modifications of the final and initial letters of the separate words of a sentence and in the final letters of roots and stems when combined with terminations to form such words ) Prāt. Kathās. Sāh
contrivance, management Ragh. Daś
place or point of connection or contact, juncture, hinge, boundary, boundary line TS. Āpast. MBh. etc.
critical juncture, crisis, opportune moment MW.
a joint, articulation ( of the body
esp. applied to the five junctures of the parts of the eye ) RV. etc.
interstice, crevice, interval MBh.
the space between heaven and earth, horizon ŚBr. GṛŚrS.
the interval between day and night, twilight ( = saṃ-dhyā ) VS. etc.
a seam Amar.
a fold Pañcat
the vagina or vulva L.
or one of the 14 kinds of nirvahaṇa or catastrophe ) Bhar. Daśar. etc.
a period at the expiration of each Yuga or age ( equivalent to one sixth of its duration and intervening before the commencement of the next
occurring also at the end of each Manv-antara and Kalpa ) W.
a pause or rest ib.
a part, portion, piece of anything AitBr. Hariv. Naish. Sch.
a partic. Stotra Br.
( in mensuration ) the connecting link of a perpendicular ib.
the common side of a double triangle, Śulbas
= sâvakāśa L.
N. of a son of Prasuśruta BhP.
f. N. of a goddess presiding over junction or union VS.
saṃ-dhí-kāṣṭha [ saMdhikASTha ]
n. the wood below the top of a gable L.
saṃ-dhí-kuśala [ saMdhikuzala ]
mfn. skilled in the art of making treaties or forming alliances MW.
saṃ-dhí-gupta [ saMdhigupta ]
n. an artificial sentence in which ( by euphonic changes of letters ) the meaning is hidden Cat.
saṃ-dhí-gṛha [ saMdhigRha ]
m. a bee-hive MBh. Sch.
saṃ-dhí-granthi [ saMdhigranthi ]
m. a gland which connects ( and lubricates ) a joint W.
saṃ-dhí-camasa [ saMdhicamasa ]
m. N. of partic. schools ĀpŚr. Vait
saṃ-dhí-cora [ saMdhicora ]
m. = next A.
saṃ-dhí-caura [ saMdhicaura ]
m. ' hole-thief ', a thief who enters a house by a hole made in the wall L.
saṃ-dhí-cchidā [ saMdhicchidA ]
f. dismemberment, Pracand
saṃ-dhí-ccheda [ saMdhiccheda ]
m. making holes or breaches ( in a wall etc. ) A.
saṃ-dhí-cchedaka [ saMdhicchedaka ]
saṃ-dhí-cchedana [ saMdhicchedana ]
n. housebreaking, burglary Mṛcch
saṃ-dhí-ja [ saMdhija ]
mfn. produced by conjunction or by transition etc. GṛS.
produced by euphonic Saṃdhi RPrāt. APrāt. Sch.
belonging to the junctures of the parts of the eye ( See above ) Suśr.
produced by distillation L.
( ā ), f. Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis L.
n. spirituous liquor L.
saṃ-dhí-jīvaka [ saMdhijIvaka ]
mfn. one who lives by dishonest means L.
saṃ-dhí-tas [ saMdhitas ]
ind. from an alliance MW.
saṃ-dhí-taskara [ saMdhitaskara ]
saṃ-dhí-dūṣaṇa [ saMdhidUSaNa ]
n. the violation of a treaty breaking of peace Kir. ( pl. )
saṃ-dhí-nāla [ saMdhinAla ]
m. or n. Unguis Odoratus L.
saṃ-dhí-nirmocana [ saMdhinirmocana ]
n. N. of a Buddhist Sūtra
saṃ-dhí-pāda [ saMdhipAda ]
m. N. of wk.
saṃ-dhí-pūjā [ saMdhipUjA ]
f. N. of the third division of the great autumnal Durgā-pūjā MW.
saṃ-dhí-prabandhana [ saMdhiprabandhana ]
n. ( in anat. ) the ligament of a joint Suśr.
saṃ-dhí-bandha [ saMdhibandha ]
m. the ligaments or sinews of the joints Śak
( perhaps ) cement or lime Inscr.
the plant Kaempferia Rotunda L.
= next Śak
saṃ-dhí-bandhana [ saMdhibandhana ]
n. ' joint-binding ', a ligament, tendon Śak
saṃ-dhí-bhaṅga [ saMdhibhaGga ]
m. joint-fracture, dislocation of a joint ŚārṅgS.
saṃ-dhí-mat [ saMdhimat ]
mfn. containing a concurrence of two days or day periods or life periods ( vayaḥsaṃdhi-matī = aprasūta-taruṇī L. ) Jyot. KātyŚr. Sch. ĀpŚr. Sch.
being or existing in peace ( said of Viṣṇu ) MBh.
having an alliance, allied Kām
m. N. of two ministers Rājat
saṃ-dhí-mati [ saMdhimati ]
m. N. of a minister ib.
saṃ-dhí-mukta [ saMdhimukta ]
mfn. ' joint-loosened ', dislocated MW.
n. dislocation of a joint Suśr.
saṃ-dhí-mukti [ saMdhimukti ]
f. dislocation MW.
saṃ-dhí-randhrakā [ saMdhirandhrakA ]
f. a hole or breach in a wall L.
saṃ-dhí-rāga [ saMdhirAga ]
m. = saṃdhā-r° Cat.
saṃ-dhí-rūpa [ saMdhirUpa ]
n. N. of wk.
saṃ-dhí-rodha [ saMdhirodha ]
m. obstruction of a point of junction ( as of the hinge in the lid of any vessel ) Bhpr.
saṃ-dhí-vigraha [ saMdhivigraha ]
m. du. peace and war MW.
-kāyastha m. a secretary for managing ( foreign ) affairs in making peace and war Kathās
-kāryâdhikārin m. du. the ministers presiding over the above affairs Hit.
-yāna-dvaidhībhāva-samāśraya-grantha m. N. of wk.
°grahâdhikāra m. superintendence over the affairs of peace and war MW.
°grahâdhikārin m. superintendent over the affairs of peace and war, a chief foreign minister ib.
saṃ-dhí-vigrahaka [ saMdhivigrahaka ]
m. a minister presiding over the above Rājat
saṃ-dhí-vigrahika [ saMdhivigrahika ]
m. id. MBh.
saṃ-dhí-vicakṣaṇa [ saMdhivicakSaNa ]
m. one skilled in peacemaking, an able negotiator of treaties W.
saṃ-dhí-vid [ saMdhivid ]
mfn. skilled in alliances MW.
m. a negotiator of treaties, minister W.
saṃ-dhí-viparyaya [ saMdhiviparyaya ]
m. du. peace and its opposite ( i.e. war ) Mn. vii, 65
saṃ-dhí-velā [ saMdhivelA ]
f. the period of twilight GṛŚrS. Mn.
any period or time which connects parts of the day or night or fortnight ( e.g. morning, noon, evening, new moon, the first or 13th day of the fortnight, full moon etc. ) W.
saṃ-dhí-śūla [ saMdhizUla ]
n. a kind of painful indigestion ( = āma-vāta ) L.
saṃ-dhí-ṣāman [ saMdhiSAman ]
( for -sām° ), n. a Sāman belonging to the Stotras called Saṃdhis PañcavBr. ŚrS.
saṃ-dhí-sambhava [ saMdhisambhava ]
mfn. produced by grammatical Saṃdhi
m. a diphthong Cat.
saṃ-dhí-sarpaṇa [ saMdhisarpaNa ]
n. creeping through crevices PārGṛ.
saṃ-dhí-sitâsita-roga [ saMdhisitAsitaroga ]
m. a kind of disease of the eye Cat.
saṃ-dhí-stotra [ saMdhistotra ]
n. N. of a partic. hymn
saṃ-dhí-hāraka [ saMdhihAraka ]
saṃdhîraṇa [ saMdhIraNa ]
m. N. of a man HPariś
saṃdhíśvara [ saMdhizvara ]
m. N. of a sanctuary sacred to the putting together of the parts of the body of Saṃdhi-mati Rājat