Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 saṃ-hitā [ saMhitA ]
- 1.1 saṃ-hitā-kalpa [ saMhitAkalpa ]
- 1.2 saṃ-hitā-kāra [ saMhitAkAra ]
- 1.3 saṃ-hitā-japa [ saMhitAjapa ]
- 1.4 saṃ-hitā-daṇḍaka [ saMhitAdaNDaka ]
- 1.5 saṃ-hitā-dīpaka [ saMhitAdIpaka ]
- 1.6 saṃ-hitā-pāṭha [ saMhitApATha ]
- 1.7 saṃ-hitā-prakāra [ saMhitAprakAra ]
- 1.8 saṃ-hitā-pradīpa [ saMhitApradIpa ]
- 1.9 saṃ-hitā-bhāṣya [ saMhitAbhASya ]
- 1.10 saṃ-hitā-ratnâkara [ saMhitAratnAkara ]
- 1.11 saṃ-hitā-dhyayana [ saMhitAdhyayana ]
- 1.12 saṃ-hitā-dhyāyin [ saMhitAdhyAyin ]
- 1.13 saṃ-hitā-rṇava [ saMhitArNava ]
- 1.14 saṃ-hitā-vat [ saMhitAvat ]
- 1.15 saṃ-hitā-vidhi [ saMhitAvidhi ]
- 1.16 saṃ-hitā-samāna-lakṣaṇa [ saMhitAsamAnalakSaNa ]
- 1.17 saṃ-hitā-sāra [ saMhitAsAra ]
- 1.18 saṃ-hitā-sārâvalī [ saMhitAsArAvalI ]
- 1.19 saṃ-hitā-sūtra [ saMhitAsUtra ]
- 1.20 saṃ-hitā-skandha [ saMhitAskandha ]
- 1.21 saṃ-hitā-homapaddhati [ saMhitAhomapaddhati ]
- 1.22 saṃhitôpaniṣad [ saMhitopaniSad ]
saṃ-hitā [ saMhitA ]
f. conjunction, connection, union TUp.
( in gram. ) the junction or combination of letters according to euphonic rules ( = saṃdhi, but sometimes considered rather as the state preparatory to the actual junction than the junction itself Prāt.
a text treated according to euphonic rules ( esp. the real continuous text of the Vedas as formed out of the Padas or separate words by proper phonetic changes [ according to various schools
cf. IW. 152 ] : beside the Saṃhitās of the Ṛg-, Sāma-, and Atharvaveda there is the Vājasaneyi-Saṃhitās belonging to the White Yajur- veda, and five other Saṃhitās belonging to the black Yajur-veda, viz. the Taittirīya-Saṃhitā, the Saṃhita of the Ātreyas known only by its ānukramaṇī, the Saṃhitā of the Kaṭhas, the Kapishṭhala-Kaṭha- Saṃhitā, and the Saṃhitā of the Maitrāyaṇiyas or Maitrāyaṇī- Saṃhitā ) Nir. Prāt. etc.
any methodically arranged collection of texts or verses ( e.g. the Rām^ayaṇa, the various law-books, the medical works of Caraka and Śārṅgadhara, the complete system of natural astrology etc. [ cf. bṛhat- s° ]
there is also a Saṃhitā of the Purāṇas said to have been compiled by Vyāsa, the substance of which is supposed to be represented by the Viṣṇu- purāṇa ) MBh. VarBṛS. Pur. etc.
the force which holds together and supports the universe ( a term applied to the Supreme Being, accord. to some ) MW.
N. of various wks.
saṃ-hitā-kalpa [ saMhitAkalpa ]
m. N. of a Pariśishṭa of the Atharva-veda
saṃ-hitā-kāra [ saMhitAkAra ]
m. the author of a Saṃhitā Rājat
saṃ-hitā-japa [ saMhitAjapa ]
m. the recitation of a Saṃhitā ( of the Veda ) Mn. xi, 201
saṃ-hitā-daṇḍaka [ saMhitAdaNDaka ]
m. or n. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-dīpaka [ saMhitAdIpaka ]
n. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-pāṭha [ saMhitApATha ]
m. the continuous text of the Veda ( as formed out of the Pada-pāṭha, q.v. ) Pat. Sch.
saṃ-hitā-prakāra [ saMhitAprakAra ]
saṃ-hitā-pradīpa [ saMhitApradIpa ]
m. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-bhāṣya [ saMhitAbhASya ]
n. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-ratnâkara [ saMhitAratnAkara ]
m. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-dhyayana [ saMhitAdhyayana ]
( °tâdh° ), n. the repeating of the Saṃhitā of a Veda MBh.
saṃ-hitā-dhyāyin [ saMhitAdhyAyin ]
( °tâdh° ), mfn. repeating the Saṃhitā of a Veda ib.
( °târn° ), m. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-vat [ saMhitAvat ]
ind., as in the Saṃhitā text MW.
saṃ-hitā-vidhi [ saMhitAvidhi ]
m. the method of the Saṃhitā text RPrāt. Sch.
-vivaraṇa n. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-samāna-lakṣaṇa [ saMhitAsamAnalakSaNa ]
n. N. of a phonetic treatise
saṃ-hitā-sāra [ saMhitAsAra ]
saṃ-hitā-sārâvalī [ saMhitAsArAvalI ]
f. N. of astrol. wks.
saṃ-hitā-sūtra [ saMhitAsUtra ]
n. a kind of Prātiśākhya to the Ṛg-veda
saṃ-hitā-skandha [ saMhitAskandha ]
m. N. of wk.
saṃ-hitā-homapaddhati [ saMhitAhomapaddhati ]
f. N. of wk.
saṃhitôpaniṣad [ saMhitopaniSad ]
f. N. of an Upanishad
-brāhmaṇa n. of a Brāhmaṇa