Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 सभा sabhā' [ sabhA ]
- 1.1 sabhā'-kāra [ sabhAkAra ]
- 1.2 sabhā'-kaumudī [ sabhAkaumudI ]
- 1.3 sabhā'-kṣa [ sabhAkSa ]
- 1.4 sabhā'-gá [ sabhAga ]
- 1.5 sabhā'-gata [ sabhAgata ]
- 1.6 sabhā'-gṛha [ sabhAgRha ]
- 1.7 sabhā'-cará [ sabhAcara ]
- 1.8 sabhā'-cāturya [ sabhAcAturya ]
- 1.9 sabhā'-cāra [ sabhAcAra ]
- 1.10 sabhā'-taraṃga [ sabhAtaraMga ]
- 1.11 sabhā'-dhairya [ sabhAdhairya ]
- 1.12 sabhā'-nara [ sabhAnara ]
- 1.13 sabhā'-nāṭaka [ sabhAnATaka ]
- 1.14 sabhā'-nāyaka [ sabhAnAyaka ]
- 1.15 sabhā'-ntare [ sabhAntare ]
- 1.16 sabhā'-páti [ sabhApati ]
- 1.17 sabhā'-pariṣad [ sabhApariSad ]
- 1.18 sabhā'-parvan [ sabhAparvan ]
- 1.19 sabhā'-pāla [ sabhApAla ]
- 1.20 sabhā'-pūjā [ sabhApUjA ]
- 1.21 sabhā'-prapādin [ sabhAprapAdin ]
- 1.22 sabhā'-praveśana [ sabhApravezana ]
- 1.23 sabhā'-bharaṇa [ sabhAbharaNa ]
- 1.24 sabhā'-maṇḍana [ sabhAmaNDana ]
- 1.25 sabhā'-maṇḍapa [ sabhAmaNDapa ]
- 1.26 sabhā'-madhye [ sabhAmadhye ]
- 1.27 sabhā'-yogya [ sabhAyogya ]
- 1.28 sabhā'-rañjana [ sabhAraJjana ]
- 1.29 sabhā'-raṇya-vitaṅka-vat [ sabhAraNyavitaGkavat ]
- 1.30 sabhā'-vat [ sabhAvat ]
- 1.31 sabhā'-vaśa-kara [ sabhAvazakara ]
- 1.32 sabhā'-vasara [ sabhAvasara ]
- 1.33 sabhā'-vín [ sabhAvin ]
- 1.34 sabhā'-vinoda [ sabhAvinoda ]
- 1.35 sabhā'-sád [ sabhAsad ]
- 1.36 sabhā'-sada [ sabhAsada ]
- 1.37 sabhā'-saṃnayana [ sabhAsaMnayana ]
- 1.38 sabhā'-sāhá [ sabhAsAha ]
- 1.39 sabhā'-siṃha [ sabhAsiMha ]
- 1.40 sabhā'-sīna [ sabhAsIna ]
- 1.41 sabhā'-stāra [ sabhAstAra ]
- 1.42 sabhā'-stha [ sabhAstha ]
- 1.43 sabhā'-sthāṇú [ sabhAsthANu ]
- 1.44 sabhā'-sthāna-stha [ sabhAsthAnastha ]
- 1.45 sabhêśvara-stotra [ sabhezvarastotra ]
- 1.46 sabhôcita [ sabhocita ]
- 1.47 sabhôddeśa [ sabhoddeza ]
- 1.48 sabhôpaviṣṭa [ sabhopaviSTa ]
सभा sabhā' [ sabhA ]
social party, society, good society ( See comp. )
Society ( personified as a daughter of Prajāpati ) AV.
a place for public meetings, large assembly-room or hall, palace, court of a king or of justice, council-chamber, gambling-house etc. ib.
a house for lodging and accommodating travellers Mn. MBh. etc. ; an eating- house ( See mahā-s° ) . [ Cf. Goth. sibja ; Germ. sippa, ṣippe ; Angl. Sax. sibb ; Eng. god-sib, gossip. ]
sabhā'-kāra [ sabhAkAra ]
m. the builder of a hall etc. MBh. R.
sabhā'-kaumudī [ sabhAkaumudI ]
f. N. of wk.
sabhā'-kṣa [ sabhAkSa ]
( sabhâkṣa ), m. N. of a man Hariv.
sabhā'-gá [ sabhAga ]
mfn. ( for sa-bhāga See above ) going into an assembly or council ŚBr. ChUp.
sabhā'-gata [ sabhAgata ]
mfn. one who appears before or is present at a court of justice Yājñ. Sch.
sabhā'-gṛha [ sabhAgRha ]
n. an assembly-hall Cat.
sabhā'-cará [ sabhAcara ]
mfn. = -gá VS.
sabhā'-cāturya [ sabhAcAturya ]
n. politeness in society MW.
sabhā'-cāra [ sabhAcAra ]
( sabhâc° ), m. the customs or usages of society, court-manners ib.
sabhā'-taraṃga [ sabhAtaraMga ]
m. N. of wk. on polite conversation in Sanskṛt ( by Jagan-nātha-miśra )
sabhā'-dhairya [ sabhAdhairya ]
n. boldness in company MW.
sabhā'-nara [ sabhAnara ]
m. N. of a son of Kaksheyu Hariv.
of a son of Anu Pur.
sabhā'-nāṭaka [ sabhAnATaka ]
n. N. of a drama ( by Mah^eśvara )
sabhā'-nāyaka [ sabhAnAyaka ]
m. the president of an assembly, chairman MW.
the keeper of a gambling-house ib.
sabhā'-ntare [ sabhAntare ]
( sabhânt° ), ind. in society Subh
sabhā'-páti [ sabhApati ]
m. the president of an assembly or council VS. Kathās. etc.
N. of Bhūta-karman MBh.
of an author Cat.
-vilāsa m. N. of wk.
sabhā'-pariṣad [ sabhApariSad ]
f. the session of an assembly or council MBh.
sabhā'-parvan [ sabhAparvan ]
n. N. of the second book of the Mahā- bhārata ( describing the great assembly at Hastināpura and the gambling between Yudhi-shṭhira and Śakuni, in which the former staked all his possessions, including his wife Draupadi )
sabhā'-pāla [ sabhApAla ]
m. the keeper of a public, building or assembly TBr. MBh.
sabhā'-pūjā [ sabhApUjA ]
f. respectful words addressed to an audience ( in the prelude of a drama ) MW.
sabhā'-prapādin [ sabhAprapAdin ]
mfn. frequenting assemblies NilarUp.
sabhā'-praveśana [ sabhApravezana ]
n. entering a court of justice PārGṛ.
sabhā'-bharaṇa [ sabhAbharaNa ]
( prob. ) w.r. for sabhyâbh°
sabhā'-maṇḍana [ sabhAmaNDana ]
n. the adorning or arranging of an assembly-room MW.
sabhā'-maṇḍapa [ sabhAmaNDapa ]
m. an assembly-hall Vās
sabhā'-madhye [ sabhAmadhye ]
ind. in society Cāṇ
sabhā'-yogya [ sabhAyogya ]
mfn. suitable for ( good ) society Prasaṅg
sabhā'-rañjana [ sabhAraJjana ]
n. N. of a Kāvya ( by Nila-kaṇṭha Dikshita )
sabhā'-raṇya-vitaṅka-vat [ sabhAraNyavitaGkavat ]
( sabhâr° ), mfn. one to whom the Sabhā and Araṇya-parvan ( of the Mahā-bhārata ) are the highest point MBh.
sabhā'-vat [ sabhAvat ]
( sabhā'- ), mfn. fit for a council or assembly RV.
sabhā'-vaśa-kara [ sabhAvazakara ]
mfn. controlling or influencing an assembly Hit.
sabhā'-vasara [ sabhAvasara ]
( sabhâv° ), m. the occasion of an assembly Vet
sabhā'-vín [ sabhAvin ]
m. the keeper of a gambling-house TBr. ( Sch. )
sabhā'-vinoda [ sabhAvinoda ]
m. N. of wk. ( by Daiva-jña Dām^odara ) on proper conduct in assemblies
sabhā'-sád [ sabhAsad ]
m. ' sitting at an assembly ', an assistant at a meeting or assessor in a court of justice AV. etc.
sabhā'-sada [ sabhAsada ]
m. id. R. Pañcat
sabhā'-saṃnayana [ sabhAsaMnayana ]
n. Pat, on Pāṇ. 1-i, 73 Vārtt. 2
sabhā'-sāhá [ sabhAsAha ]
m. one who is superior in an assembly, superior, eminent RV.
sabhā'-siṃha [ sabhAsiMha ]
m. N. of a king of Bundelkhand ( patron of Śaṃkara Dikshita ) Cat.
sabhā'-sīna [ sabhAsIna ]
( sabhâs° ), mfn. sitting in ( or presiding at ) a council or court of justice Rājat
sabhā'-stāra [ sabhAstAra ]
( sabhâst° ), m. an assistant at an assembly, assessor in a court of justice Bhar.
a partaker of a game MBh.
sabhā'-stha [ sabhAstha ]
mfn. being at an assembly or court
m. one who sits in an assembly, a courtier MW.
sabhā'-sthāṇú [ sabhAsthANu ]
m. ' post at a gambling-house ', either ' a gambling-table ' or ' a man who sits like a post at a gambling-table ' , a persistent gambler VS.
sabhā'-sthāna-stha [ sabhAsthAnastha ]
mfn. being in the audience-hall ( said of a king ) Rājat
sabhêśvara-stotra [ sabhezvarastotra ]
n. N. of a hymn
sabhôcita [ sabhocita ]
mfn. fit for an assembly or for good society
m. a learned Brāhman or any educated person W.
sabhôddeśa [ sabhoddeza ]
m. the neighbourhood of any place of meeting Nal
sabhôpaviṣṭa [ sabhopaviSTa ]
mfn. = sabhâsīna Pañcat