Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 svayaṃ [ svayaM ]
- 1.1 svayaṃ-yāna [ svayaMyAna ]
- 1.2 svayaṃ-vara [ svayaMvara ]
- 1.3 svayaṃ-varaṇa [ svayaMvaraNa ]
- 1.4 svayaṃ-varayitrī [ svayaMvarayitrI ]
- 1.5 svayaṃ-vaśa [ svayaMvaza ]
- 1.6 svayaṃ-vaha [ svayaMvaha ]
- 1.7 svayaṃ-vāda [ svayaMvAda ]
- 1.8 svayaṃ-vānta [ svayaMvAnta ]
- 1.9 svayaṃ-vikrīta [ svayaMvikrIta ]
- 1.10 svayaṃ-vilīná [ svayaMvilIna ]
- 1.11 svayaṃ-viśīrṇa [ svayaMvizIrNa ]
- 1.12 svayaṃ-vṛta [ svayaMvRta ]
- 1.13 svayaṃ-vedana [ svayaMvedana ]
- 1.14 svayaṃ-vyakta-sthala-stotra [ svayaMvyaktasthalastotra ]
- 1.15 svayaṃ-śārṇa [ svayaMzArNa ]
- 1.16 svayaṃ-śṛta [ svayaMzRta ]
- 1.17 svayaṃ-śreṣṭha [ svayaMzreSTha ]
- 1.18 svayaṃ-saṃyoga [ svayaMsaMyoga ]
- 1.19 svayaṃ-saṃviddha [ svayaMsaMviddha ]
- 1.20 svayaṃ-sambhṛta [ svayaMsambhRta ]
- 1.21 svayaṃ-siddha [ svayaMsiddha ]
- 1.22 svayaṃ-sras [ svayaMsras ]
- 1.23 svayaṃ-srasta [ svayaMsrasta ]
- 1.24 svayaṃ-hāra-karī [ svayaMhArakarI ]
- 1.25 svayaṃ-hārikā [ svayaMhArikA ]
- 1.26 svayaṃ-hārī [ svayaMhArI ]
- 1.27 svayaṃ-hotṛ [ svayaMhotR ]
- 1.28 svayaṃ-homa [ svayaMhoma ]
- 1.29 svayaṃ-kartṛka [ svayaMkartRka ]
- 1.30 svayaṃ-kṛtá [ svayaMkRta ]
- 1.31 svayaṃ-kṛtin [ svayaMkRtin ]
- 1.32 svayaṃ-kṛṣṭa [ svayaMkRSTa ]
- 1.33 svayaṃ-krānta [ svayaMkrAnta ]
- 1.34 svayaṃ-khāta [ svayaMkhAta ]
- 1.35 svayaṃ-guṇa-parityāga [ svayaMguNaparityAga ]
- 1.36 svayaṃ-guptā [ svayaMguptA ]
- 1.37 svayaṃ-gurutva [ svayaMgurutva ]
- 1.38 svayaṃ-graha [ svayaMgraha ]
- 1.39 svayaṃ-grahaṇa [ svayaMgrahaNa ]
- 1.40 svayaṃ-grāha [ svayaMgrAha ]
- 1.41 svayaṃ-grāhya [ svayaMgrAhya ]
- 1.42 svayaṃ-cití [ svayaMciti ]
- 1.43 svayaṃ-já [ svayaMja ]
- 1.44 svayaṃ-jāta [ svayaMjAta ]
- 1.45 svayaṃ-jyotis [ svayaMjyotis ]
- 1.46 svayaṃ-tyakta [ svayaMtyakta ]
- 1.47 svayaṃ-datta [ svayaMdatta ]
- 1.48 svayaṃ-dāna [ svayaMdAna ]
- 1.49 svayaṃ-diná [ svayaMdina ]
- 1.50 svayaṃ-dṛś [ svayaMdRz ]
- 1.51 svayaṃ-nirdiṣṭá [ svayaMnirdiSTa ]
svayaṃ [ svayaM ]
in comp. for svayam
svayaṃ-yāna [ svayaMyAna ]
n. ' advance of one's own accord ', offensive warfare, Mahāvy
svayaṃ-vara [ svayaMvara ]
mf ( ā ) n. self-choosing ( with kanyā, a girl who chooses her husband herself ' ) Mn. MBh. etc.
m. self-choice, the election of a husband by a princess or daughter of a Kshitriya at a public assembly of suitors MBh. R. etc.
-kathā f. the declaration of a Svayaṃ-vara MW.
-kṛta-kṣaṇā f. a maiden who has fixed the moment for a Svayam ib.
-pati m. a husband chosen at a Svayam Kathās
-prabhā f. N. of the wife of the Daitya Trailokya-mālin ib.
-vadhū f. a self-chosen wife Śak
-vāpī f. ( ? ) Pañcat
-vṛta mfn. self-chosen, elected by one's self. ib.
-sakkī f. a self-chosen female friend ib.
-suhṛd m. a self-chosen friend ( °hṛt-tva n. ) ib.
-stha mfn. engaged in a Svayam Ragh
°râgata mfn. come of one's own free will Kathās
svayaṃ-varaṇa [ svayaMvaraNa ]
n. the free choice of a husband ( = -vara ) Bālar
svayaṃ-varayitrī [ svayaMvarayitrI ]
f. a maiden who herself chooses her own husband, Pracaṇḍ
svayaṃ-vaśa [ svayaMvaza ]
mfn. subject to one's self, self- dependent, free MBh.
svayaṃ-vaha [ svayaMvaha ]
mfn. self-moving Sūryas. Sch.
n. ( scil. yantra ) a self-moving machine or instrument Gol.
svayaṃ-vāda [ svayaMvAda ]
m. one's own statement Rājat
svayaṃ-vānta [ svayaMvAnta ]
mfn. vomited by one's self HPariś
svayaṃ-vikrīta [ svayaMvikrIta ]
mfn. sold by one's self Vet
svayaṃ-vilīná [ svayaMvilIna ]
mfn. self-dissolved MaitrS.
svayaṃ-viśīrṇa [ svayaMvizIrNa ]
mfn. self-fallen, dropped spontaneously Kum
svayaṃ-vṛta [ svayaMvRta ]
mfn. self-chosen Vikr
svayaṃ-vedana [ svayaMvedana ]
n. spontaneous consciousness Sarvad
svayaṃ-vyakta-sthala-stotra [ svayaMvyaktasthalastotra ]
n. N. of a Stotra
svayaṃ-śārṇa [ svayaMzArNa ]
mfn. = -viśīrṇa Gaut
svayaṃ-śṛta [ svayaMzRta ]
mfn. ripened spontaneously Kāṭh
svayaṃ-śreṣṭha [ svayaMzreSTha ]
mfn. best or most excellent by nature ( said of Śiva ) MBh.
svayaṃ-saṃyoga [ svayaMsaMyoga ]
m. voluntary ( matrimonial ) union with ( instr. ) Gaut
svayaṃ-saṃviddha [ svayaMsaMviddha ]
mfn. complete in itself AitBr.
svayaṃ-sambhṛta [ svayaMsambhRta ]
mf ( ā ) n. self- composed ŚBr.
svayaṃ-siddha [ svayaMsiddha ]
mfn. perfect in itself ( the world ) HYog.
svayaṃ-sras [ svayaMsras ]
mfn. dropping spontaneously AV.
svayaṃ-srasta [ svayaMsrasta ]
mfn. dropped or fallen spontaneously Kauś
svayaṃ-hāra-karī [ svayaMhArakarI ]
svayaṃ-hārikā [ svayaMhArikA ]
and f. ' self-seizing ', N. of a daughter of Nirmārshṭi ( and Dusaha
svayaṃ-hārī [ svayaMhArI ]
f. ' self-seizing ', N. of a daughter of Nirmārshṭi ( and Dusaha
she is described as exercising an evil influence on certain substances, e.g. by abstracting the colour from saffron and the thread from cotton ) MārkP.
svayaṃ-hotṛ [ svayaMhotR ]
m. one who himself sacrifices ṢaḍvBr.
svayaṃ-homa [ svayaMhoma ]
m. a sacrifice offered by one's self, a simple ( non-formal ) sacrifice ŚāṅkhBr.
°min mfn. offering a sacrifice of the above kind ib.
svayaṃ-kartṛka [ svayaMkartRka ]
mfn. self performed ĀpŚr. Sch.
svayaṃ-kṛtá [ svayaMkRta ]
( or svayáṃ-k° ), mf ( ā' ) n. made or performed or effected or committed or composed by one's self, natural , spontaneous ( with vigraha, ' a war undertaken on one's own account ' ) TBr. etc.
svayaṃ-kṛtin [ svayaMkRtin ]
mfn. acting spontaneously Suśr.
svayaṃ-kṛṣṭa [ svayaMkRSTa ]
mfn. ploughed by one's self Parāś
svayaṃ-krānta [ svayaMkrAnta ]
mfn. mounted by one's self ( as a throne ) Rājat
svayaṃ-khāta [ svayaMkhAta ]
mfn. dug by one's self Gobh
svayaṃ-guṇa-parityāga [ svayaMguNaparityAga ]
m. spontaneous abandonment of ' the thread ' and of ' virtue ' Bhartṛ
svayaṃ-guptā [ svayaMguptA ]
f. ' self-preserved ', Mucuna Pruritus or Carpopogon Pruriens Car.
svayaṃ-gurutva [ svayaMgurutva ]
n. ( its ) own weight Subh
svayaṃ-graha [ svayaMgraha ]
m. the taking for one's self ( without leave ), forcible seizure Śiś.
svayaṃ-grahaṇa [ svayaMgrahaNa ]
n. id. Veṇis
svayaṃ-grāha [ svayaMgrAha ]
m. id. Mālatīm
mf ( ā ) n. one who takes or seizes forcibly MBh.
spontaneous, voluntary ( See comp. )
( am ), ind. forcibly, violently Hariv.
-niṣakta-bāhu mfn. putting the arms spontaneously round ( loc. ), embracing ardently Kum
-praṇaya mfn. spontaneously or ardently affectionate Mṛcch
svayaṃ-grāhya [ svayaMgrAhya ]
mfn. suffering force or constraint MBh.
svayaṃ-cití [ svayaMciti ]
f. piling up on one's own account TS.
svayaṃ-já [ svayaMja ]
mf ( ā' ) n. spontaneously produced ( waters ) RV.
svayaṃ-jāta [ svayaMjAta ]
mfn. self-born, spontaneously- produced, brought into any state spontaneously KātyŚr.
svayaṃ-jyotis [ svayaMjyotis ]
( svayáṃ- ), mfn. self- shining ŚBr. BhP.
svayaṃ-tyakta [ svayaMtyakta ]
mfn. voluntarily abandoned Bhartṛ
svayaṃ-datta [ svayaMdatta ]
mfn. self-given ( said of a child who has given himself for adoption
one of the 12 kinds of children recognised in law-books ) Gaut. Mn. Yājñ.
svayaṃ-dāna [ svayaMdAna ]
n. spontaneous gift ( of a daughter in marriage ) Kathās
svayaṃ-diná [ svayaMdina ]
mfn. ( See 1. dina ) self-cut, self-torn TS.
svayaṃ-dṛś [ svayaMdRz ]
mfn. visible or clear by itself, self-evident BhP.
svayaṃ-nirdiṣṭá [ svayaMnirdiSTa ]
mfn. self-marked or indicated ŚBr.