Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 vadha [ vadha ]
- 1.1 vadha-karmâdhikārin [ vadhakarmAdhikArin ]
- 1.2 vadha-kānkṣin [ vadhakAnkSin ]
- 1.3 vadha-kāma [ vadhakAma ]
- 1.4 vadha-kāmyā [ vadhakAmyA ]
- 1.5 vadha-kṣama [ vadhakSama ]
- 1.6 vadha-jīvin [ vadhajIvin ]
- 1.7 vadha-trá [ vadhatra ]
- 1.8 vadha-daṇḍa [ vadhadaNDa ]
- 1.9 vadha-nigraha [ vadhanigraha ]
- 1.10 vadha-nirṇeka [ vadhanirNeka ]
- 1.11 vadha-bandha [ vadhabandha ]
- 1.12 vadha-bhūmi [ vadhabhUmi ]
- 1.13 vadha-rata [ vadharata ]
- 1.14 vadha-sthalī [ vadhasthalI ]
- 1.15 vadha-sthāna [ vadhasthAna ]
- 1.16 vadhâṅgaka [ vadhAGgaka ]
- 1.17 vadhârha [ vadhArha ]
- 1.18 vadhâ`śaṅka [ vadhAzaGka ]
- 1.19 vadhaˆiṣin [ vadhaiSin ]
- 1.20 vadhôdarka [ vadhodarka ]
- 1.21 vadhôdyata [ vadhodyata ]
- 1.22 vadhôpâya [ vadhopAya ]
vadha [ vadha ]
m. one who kills, a slayer, vanquisher, destroyer, RV. VS. TS. ŚBr.
a deadly weapon ( esp. Indra's thunderbolt ), RV. AitBr. ŚāṅkhGṛ.
the act of striking or killing, slaughter, murder, death, destruction, RV. etc.
( in law ) capital or ( more commonly ) corporal punishment, Mn. Yājñ. etc. = vadha-bhūmi, place of execution, Caurap., Introd.
stroke, hurt, injury, Nir.
annihilation, disappearance ( of inanimate things ,) MBh. Kāv. etc.
frustration, prevention, Gaut.
a defect, imperfection ( 28 are enumerated ), VP.
a product, Bijag.
N. of a Rākshasa, VP.
( ā ), f. a kind of pot-herb, Convolvulus Repens, L.
vadha-karmâdhikārin [ vadhakarmAdhikArin ]
m. ' one who superintends the act of putting to death, ' an executioner, hangman, Rājat.
vadha-kānkṣin [ vadhakAnkSin ]
mf ( iṇī ) n. wishing for death, W.
vadha-kāma [ vadhakAma ]
mfn. desirous of killing, Gobh.
vadha-kāmyā [ vadhakAmyA ]
f. desire to kill, intention to hurt, Mn. iv, 165.
vadha-kṣama [ vadhakSama ]
mfn. deserving death, MBh.
vadha-jīvin [ vadhajIvin ]
m. ' living by killing ( animals ), ' a butcher, hunter etc., Yājñ.
vadha-trá [ vadhatra ]
mfn. ( for 2. vádhatra see below ) protecting from death or destruction, PārGṛ.
vadha-daṇḍa [ vadhadaNDa ]
m. capital or corporal punishment, Mn. viii, 129.
vadha-nigraha [ vadhanigraha ]
m. capital punishment, Kathās.
vadha-nirṇeka [ vadhanirNeka ]
m. expiation for killing, atonement for murder or manslaughter, Mn. xi, 139.
vadha-bandha [ vadhabandha ]
m. du. death and bonds, Mn. v, 49.
vadha-bhūmi [ vadhabhUmi ]
f. a place of execution, Caurap., Sch. ( cf. vadhya-bh° ).
vadha-rata [ vadharata ]
mfn. fond of killing, L.
vadha-sthalī [ vadhasthalI ]
f. a place of execution, L.
a slaughter-house, L.
vadha-sthāna [ vadhasthAna ]
n. a place of execution, L.
a slaughter-house, L.
vadhâṅgaka [ vadhAGgaka ]
n. a prison, L.
vadhârha [ vadhArha ]
mfn. deserving death, W.
vadhâ`śaṅka [ vadhAzaGka ]
m. or n. ( BṛĀrUp. )
( ā ), f. ( ŚBr. ) fear of death or destruction.
vadhaˆiṣin [ vadhaiSin ]
mf ( iṇī ) n. desirous of killing, MBh.
vadhôdarka [ vadhodarka ]
mfn. resulting in death, MW.
vadhôdyata [ vadhodyata ]
mfn. prepared or ready to kill, murderous
m. an assassin, murderer, L.
vadhôpâya [ vadhopAya ]
m. an instrument or means of putting to death, Mn. ix, 248.