Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 yātrā [ yAtrA ]
- 1.1 yātrā-kara [ yAtrAkara ]
- 1.2 yātrā-karaṇa [ yAtrAkaraNa ]
- 1.3 yātrā-kāra [ yAtrAkAra ]
- 1.4 yātrā-gamana [ yAtrAgamana ]
- 1.5 yātrā-prakaraṇa [ yAtrAprakaraNa ]
- 1.6 yātrā-prabandha [ yAtrAprabandha ]
- 1.7 yātrā-prasaṅga [ yAtrAprasaGga ]
- 1.8 yātrā-phala [ yAtrAphala ]
- 1.9 yātrā-maṅgala [ yAtrAmaGgala ]
- 1.10 yātrā-mahôtsava [ yAtrAmahotsava ]
- 1.11 yātrā-rtham [ yAtrArtham ]
- 1.12 yātrā-śiromaṇī [ yAtrAziromaNI ]
- 1.13 yātrā-śrāddha [ yAtrAzrAddha ]
- 1.14 yātrôtsava [ yAtrotsava ]
- 2 यात्रा yātrā [ yAtrA ]
yātrā [ yAtrA ]
f. going, setting off, journey, march, expedition cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc. ( with prāṇāntikī or aurdhvadehikī = death
yātrāṃ-√ yā or dā, to undertake an expedition, take the field
yātrām-√ pṛch, to wish luck cf. Divyâv. )
going on a pilgrimage ( cf. gaṅgā- and tīrtha-y° )
a festive train, procession cf. Kathās. cf. Rājat. cf. Hit. ( cf. deva-y° )
a feast, festival ( = utsava ) cf. Bālar
support of life, livelihood, maintenance cf. Mn. cf. MBh. etc.
intercourse ( with laukikī, worldly intercourse = jagad-y° ) cf. Mn. xi, 184
way, means, expedient cf. L.
passing away time cf. W.
practice, usage, custom cf. W.
N. of a partic. kind of astronomical wk. ( cf. yoga-y° )
of a sort of dramatic entertainment ( popular in Bengal ) cf. W.
yātrā-kara [ yAtrAkara ]
mfn. supporting life, subsisting cf. Car.
yātrā-karaṇa [ yAtrAkaraNa ]
n. the setting forth on a journey or march cf. W.
yātrā-kāra [ yAtrAkAra ]
m. the author of an astrological Yātrā cf. VarBṛS.
yātrā-gamana [ yAtrAgamana ]
n. the going on a journey or expedition cf. R.
yātrā-prakaraṇa [ yAtrAprakaraNa ]
n. ( and -ṭīkā f. ),
yātrā-prabandha [ yAtrAprabandha ]
m. N. of wk.
yātrā-prasaṅga [ yAtrAprasaGga ]
m. engaging in or performing a pilgrimage cf. W.
yātrā-phala [ yAtrAphala ]
n. the fruit of an expedition, success of a campaign cf. MW.
yātrā-maṅgala [ yAtrAmaGgala ]
n. N. of wk.
yātrā-mahôtsava [ yAtrAmahotsava ]
m. a great festive procession cf. Rājat. cf. Pañcat
yātrā-rtham [ yAtrArtham ]
( °trâr° ), ind. for the sake of marching cf. MW.
yātrā-śiromaṇī [ yAtrAziromaNI ]
m. N. of wk.
yātrā-śrāddha [ yAtrAzrAddha ]
n. a Śrāddha performed before setting out on a journey cf. VP.
yātrôtsava [ yAtrotsava ]
m. a festive procession cf. Kathās. cf. Hit.
यात्रा yātrā [ yAtrA ]
yātrika etc. See p. 849, col. 3