Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 यौवन yauvana [ yauvana ]
- 1.1 yauvana-kaṇṭaka [ yauvanakaNTaka ]
- 1.2 yauvana-darpa [ yauvanadarpa ]
- 1.3 yauvana-daśā [ yauvanadazA ]
- 1.4 yauvana-padavī [ yauvanapadavI ]
- 1.5 yauvana-piḍakā [ yauvanapiDakA ]
- 1.6 yauvana-prânta [ yauvanaprAnta ]
- 1.7 yauvana-bhinna-śaiśava [ yauvanabhinnazaizava ]
- 1.8 yauvana-mattā [ yauvanamattA ]
- 1.9 yauvana-lakṣaṇa [ yauvanalakSaNa ]
- 1.10 yauvana-vat [ yauvanavat ]
- 1.11 yauvana-śrī [ yauvanazrI ]
- 1.12 yauvana-sukha [ yauvanasukha ]
- 1.13 yauvana-stha [ yauvanastha ]
- 1.14 yauvanânta [ yauvanAnta ]
- 1.15 yauvanârambha [ yauvanArambha ]
- 1.16 yauvanârūḍha [ yauvanArUDha ]
- 1.17 yauvanâvasthā [ yauvanAvasthA ]
- 1.18 yauvanôdbheda [ yauvanodbheda ]
यौवन yauvana [ yauvana ]
n. ( fr. yuvan ) youth, youthfulness, adolescence, puberty, manhood ( also pl. = juvenile deeds or indiscretions ; ifc. f. ā ) cf. AV. etc.
a number of young people ( esp. of young women ) cf. Pāṇ. 4-2, 38
N. of the third stage in the Śākta mysteries cf. Cat.
yauvana-kaṇṭaka [ yauvanakaNTaka ]
m. n. an eruption or pimples on the face ( esp. of young people ) cf. L.
yauvana-darpa [ yauvanadarpa ]
m. juvenile pride or indiscretion cf. Hit.
yauvana-daśā [ yauvanadazA ]
f. the period of youth cf. ib.
yauvana-padavī [ yauvanapadavI ]
f. the path of youth ( °vīm ārūḍhaḥ, having entered on adolescence ) cf. Pañcat
yauvana-piḍakā [ yauvanapiDakA ]
f. = -kaṇṭaka cf. Suśr.
yauvana-prânta [ yauvanaprAnta ]
m. the extreme verge or end of youth cf. ib.
yauvana-bhinna-śaiśava [ yauvanabhinnazaizava ]
mfn. whose childhood is separated off by youth, passing from childhood to manhood cf. MW.
yauvana-mattā [ yauvanamattA ]
f. ' intoxicated with ( the pride of ) youth ', N. of a metre cf. Col.
yauvana-lakṣaṇa [ yauvanalakSaNa ]
n. ' sign of youth ', the female breast cf. L.
loveliness, grace cf. L.
mfn. possessing youth, young, youthful cf. Vet. cf. Hit. cf. Kathās
yauvana-śrī [ yauvanazrI ]
f. the beauty of youthfulness cf. Bhartṛ
yauvana-sukha [ yauvanasukha ]
n. the joys of youth or of love cf. Mṛcch
yauvana-stha [ yauvanastha ]
mfn. being in the ( bloom of ) youth, arrived at puberty, marriageable cf. MBh.
yauvanânta [ yauvanAnta ]
mfn. ending in youth, having youthfulness at the end cf. Kum
yauvanârambha [ yauvanArambha ]
m. the prime of youth, first bloom of youth, juvenility cf. Mālatīm
yauvanârūḍha [ yauvanArUDha ]
mfn. one who has arrived at adolescence or puberty cf. Kathās
yauvanâvasthā [ yauvanAvasthA ]
f. the state of youth, youthfulness, puberty cf. MW.
yauvanôdbheda [ yauvanodbheda ]
m. the ardour of youthful passion cf. L.
the god of love cf. L.