Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 śā'lā [ zAlA ]
- 1.1 śā'lā-karkaṭaka [ zAlAkarkaTaka ]
- 1.2 śā'lā-karman [ zAlAkarman ]
- 1.3 śā'lā-kṣa [ zAlAkSa ]
- 1.4 śā'lā-gni [ zAlAgni ]
- 1.5 śā'lā-jira [ zAlAjira ]
- 1.6 śā'lā-tva [ zAlAtva ]
- 1.7 śā'lā-dvār [ zAlAdvAr ]
- 1.8 śā'lā-dvāra [ zAlAdvAra ]
- 1.9 śā'lā-pati [ zAlApati ]
- 1.10 śā'lā-markaṭaka [ zAlAmarkaTaka ]
- 1.11 śā'lā-mukha [ zAlAmukha ]
- 1.12 śā'lā-mṛga [ zAlAmRga ]
- 1.13 śā'lā-vaṃśa [ zAlAvaMza ]
- 1.14 śā'lā-vat [ zAlAvat ]
- 1.15 śā'lā-vata [ zAlAvata ]
- 1.16 śā'lā-vatya [ zAlAvatya ]
- 1.17 śā'lā-vṛka [ zAlAvRka ]
- 1.18 śā'lā-śarkaṭaka [ zAlAzarkaTaka ]
- 1.19 śā'lā-śraya [ zAlAzraya ]
- 1.20 śā'lā-sad [ zAlAsad ]
- 1.21 śā'lā-stambha [ zAlAstambha ]
- 1.22 śā'lā-stha [ zAlAstha ]
śā'lā [ zAlA ]
f. ( ifc. also śāla n. ) a house, mansion, building, hall, large room, apartment, shed, workshop, stable cf. AV. etc. etc. [ cf. Germ. sāl ; Eng. hall ]
a large branch ( cf. śākhā ) cf. L.
a kind of metre ( cf. śālinī )
śā'lā-karkaṭaka [ zAlAkarkaTaka ]
n. a kind of radish cf. L. ( v.l. -markaṭaka and -śarkataka )
śā'lā-karman [ zAlAkarman ]
n. house-building, PārGr
°ma-paddhati f. N. of wk.
śā'lā-kṣa [ zAlAkSa ]
( śālâkṣa ), m. ( prob. ), house-eyed i. e. large-eyed ( ? ) ', N. of a man cf. ĀśvŚr.
śā'lā-gni [ zAlAgni ]
( śālâgni ), m. domestic fire cf. Gaut. cf. Gobh. ( cf. RTL. 365 )
śā'lā-jira [ zAlAjira ]
( śālâj° ), m. a kind of dish cf. Hcar.
śā'lā-tva [ zAlAtva ]
n. the state of ( being ) a house etc. cf. MārkP.
śā'lā-dvār [ zAlAdvAr ]
f. or a house-door
śā'lā-dvāra [ zAlAdvAra ]
n. a house-door
°rya mfn. being at the door or entrance of a house ( as fire ) cf. KātyŚr.
m. a kind of sacrificial fire cf. Vait
śā'lā-pati [ zAlApati ]
( śā'lā ), m. the lord of a house, a house-holder cf. AV.
śā'lā-markaṭaka [ zAlAmarkaTaka ]
śā'lā-mukha [ zAlAmukha ]
n. the front of a house cf. L.
m. a kind of rice cf. Suśr.
°khīya mfn. being at the front of a house ( cf. -dvārya )
m. a kind of sacrificial fire cf. ŚrS.
śā'lā-mṛga [ zAlAmRga ]
m. ' house-animal ', a dog cf. L.
a jackal ( as prowling near houses ? ) cf. R. ( v.l. śākhā-mṛga )
śā'lā-vaṃśa [ zAlAvaMza ]
m. the chief part of a shed cf. AitĀr.
śā'lā-vat [ zAlAvat ]
m. N. of a man cf. Pāṇ. 5-3, 118
( ī ), f. N. of a wife of Viśvāmitra cf. Hariv.
śā'lā-vata [ zAlAvata ]
m. pl. the descendants of Śālāvat cf. Pāṇ. 5-3, 118
( ī ), f. a princess of the Śālāvatas cf. ib.
śā'lā-vatya [ zAlAvatya ]
m. a king of the Śālāvatas cf. ib.
patr. fr. śalāvat cf. ChUp. ( cf. Śaṃk. )
śā'lā-vṛka [ zAlAvRka ]
m. ' house-wolf ', a dog, cat, jackal etc. cf. L. ( cf. śālāvṛká )
śā'lā-śarkaṭaka [ zAlAzarkaTaka ]
śā'lā-śraya [ zAlAzraya ]
( śālâśr° ), mfn. dwelling in a house ( -tva, n. ) cf. Baudh.
śā'lā-sad [ zAlAsad ]
mfn. sitting or being in a house or stable cf. AitBr.
śā'lā-stambha [ zAlAstambha ]
m. a house-post cf. KātyŚr.
śā'lā-stha [ zAlAstha ]
mfn. standing in a stable ( as elephants ) cf. MBh.