Related Sanskrit Words:
Derived Words in Other Languages:
- 1 śānta [ zAnta ]
- 2 शान्त śāntá [ zAnta ]
- 2.1 śāntá-karṇa [ zAntakarNa ]
- 2.2 śāntá-krodha [ zAntakrodha ]
- 2.3 śāntá-guṇa [ zAntaguNa ]
- 2.4 śāntá-ghora-vimūḍhatva [ zAntaghoravimUDhatva ]
- 2.5 śāntá-cetas [ zAntacetas ]
- 2.6 śāntá-jvara [ zAntajvara ]
- 2.7 śāntá-tā [ zAntatA ]
- 2.8 śāntá-toya [ zAntatoya ]
- 2.9 śāntá-tva [ zAntatva ]
- 2.10 śāntá-devatya [ zAntadevatya ]
- 2.11 śāntá-pura [ zAntapura ]
- 2.12 śāntá-purī [ zAntapurI ]
- 2.13 śāntá-bhaya [ zAntabhaya ]
- 2.14 śāntá-mati [ zAntamati ]
- 2.15 śāntá-manas [ zAntamanas ]
- 2.16 śāntá-mala [ zAntamala ]
- 2.17 śāntá-moha [ zAntamoha ]
- 2.18 śāntá-yoni [ zAntayoni ]
- 2.19 śāntá-rajas [ zAntarajas ]
- 2.20 śāntá-raya [ zAntaraya ]
- 2.21 śāntá-rava [ zAntarava ]
- 2.22 śāntá-raśmi [ zAntarazmi ]
- 2.23 śāntá-rasa [ zAntarasa ]
- 2.24 śāntá-rūpa [ zAntarUpa ]
- 2.25 śāntá-lābha [ zAntalAbha ]
- 2.26 śāntá-vivāda [ zAntavivAda ]
- 2.27 śāntá-vīra-deśikêndra [ zAntavIradezikendra ]
- 2.28 śāntá-śrī [ zAntazrI ]
- 2.29 śāntá-sumati [ zAntasumati ]
- 2.30 śāntá-sūri [ zAntasUri ]
- 2.31 śāntá-sena [ zAntasena ]
- 2.32 śāntá-haya [ zAntahaya ]
- 2.33 śāntá-hṛdaya [ zAntahRdaya ]
- 2.34 śāntâtman [ zAntAtman ]
- 2.35 śāntântakara [ zAntAntakara ]
- 2.36 śāntârcis [ zAntArcis ]
śānta [ zAnta ]
thin, slender cf. Hariv. cf. R. ( cf. Sch. )
śāntôdara [ zAntodara ]
शान्त śāntá [ zAnta ]
2 mfn. ( fr. √ 1. śam ) appeased, pacified, tranquil , calm, free from passions, undisturbed cf. Up. cf. MBh. etc.
soft, pliant cf. Hariv.
gentle, mild, friendly, kind, auspicious ( in augury
opp. to dīpta ) cf. AV. etc.
abated, subsided, ceased, stopped, extinguished, averted ( śāntam or dhik śāntam or śāntam pāpam, may evil or sin be averted ! may God forfend ! Heaven forbid ! not so ! ) cf. ŚBr. cf. MBh. cf. Kāv. etc.
rendered ineffective, innoxious, harmless ( said of weapons ) cf. MBh. cf. R.
come to an end, gone to rest, deceased, departed, dead, died out cf. ib. cf. Ragh. cf. Rājat
purified, cleansed cf. W.
m. an ascetic whose passions are subdued cf. W.
tranquillity, contentment ( as one of the Rasas, q.v. )
N. of a son of Day cf. MBh.
of a son of Manu Tāmasa cf. MārkP.
of a son of Śambara cf. Hariv.
of a son of Idhma-jihva cf. BhP.
of a son of Āpa cf. VP.
of a Devaputra cf. Lalit.
( ā ), f. ( in music ) a partic. Śruti cf. Saṃgīt
Emblica Officinalis cf. L.
Prosopis Spicigera and another species cf. L.
a kind of Dūrvā grass cf. L.
a partic. drug ( = reṇukā ) cf. L.
N. of a daughter of Daśa-ratha ( adopted daughter of Loma-pāda or Roma- pāda and wife of Ṛshya-śṛṅga ) cf. MBh. cf. Hariv. cf. R.
( with Jainas ) of a goddess who executes the orders of the 7th Arhat cf. L.
of a Śakti cf. MW.
n. tranquillity, peace of mind cf. BhP.
N. of a Varsha in Jambu-dvīpa cf. ib.
N. of a Tīrtha cf. W.
śāntá-karṇa [ zAntakarNa ]
m. ( with prefixed śrī ) N. of a king cf. BhP.
śāntá-krodha [ zAntakrodha ]
mfn. one whose anger is appeased cf. MW.
śāntá-guṇa [ zAntaguNa ]
mfn. one whose virtues are destroyed, i.e. deceased cf. R.
śāntá-ghora-vimūḍhatva [ zAntaghoravimUDhatva ]
n. calmness and vehemence and infatuation cf. BhP.
śāntá-cetas [ zAntacetas ]
mfn. tranquil-minded cf. Kāv
composed in mind, calm cf. Pañcat. cf. Hit. etc.
śāntá-jvara [ zAntajvara ]
mfn. one whose fever or grief is alleviated cf. MBh.
śāntá-tā [ zAntatA ]
f. quietness, calmness, freedom from passion cf. Kathās
śāntá-toya [ zAntatoya ]
mfn. having calm or still waters, gently flowing cf. MW.
śāntá-tva [ zAntatva ]
n. = -tā cf. MaitrUp. cf. BhP.
śāntá-devatya [ zAntadevatya ]
mfn. who or what appeases a god, that by which a divinity is appeased cf. MW.
śāntá-pura [ zAntapura ]
n. ( cf. W. ) or ( cf. Buddh. ) N. of a town
śāntá-purī [ zAntapurI ]
f. ( cf. Buddh. ) N. of a town
śāntá-bhaya [ zAntabhaya ]
m. N. of a son of Medh^atithi cf. VP.
n. N. of the Varsha ruled by him cf. ib. ( v.l. śāṃtanava )
śāntá-mati [ zAntamati ]
m. ' composed in mind ', N. of a Deva-putra cf. Lalit.
śāntá-manas [ zAntamanas ]
mfn. composed in mind cf. MBh. cf. Śak. cf. VarBṛS.
śāntá-mala [ zAntamala ]
mfn. having all defilement removed cf. W.
śāntá-moha [ zAntamoha ]
n. ' having delusion dispelled ', ( with Jainas ) N. of the 11th of the 14 steps towards supreme happiness cf. Cat.
śāntá-yoni [ zAntayoni ]
( śāntá- ), mfn. one whose birth-place is auspicious cf. TBr.
śāntá-rajas [ zAntarajas ]
mfn. dustless or passionless ( lit. ' having dust or passion allayed ' ) cf. Bhag.
śāntá-raya [ zAntaraya ]
mfn. slackened in speed cf. W.
m. N. of a son of Dharma-sārathi cf. BhP.
śāntá-rava [ zAntarava ]
mfn. uttering auspicious sounds cf. VarBṛS.
śāntá-raśmi [ zAntarazmi ]
mfn. one whose rays are extinguished or dimmed ( as the sun ) cf. R.
śāntá-rasa [ zAntarasa ]
m. the sentiment of quietism or tranquillity cf. MW.
-nāṭaka n. N. of a drama
śāntá-rūpa [ zAntarUpa ]
mfn. having a tranquil appearance, tranquil, calm cf. Pañcat
śāntá-lābha [ zAntalAbha ]
mfn. that which has ceased to bear interest, Bṛhasp
śāntá-vivāda [ zAntavivAda ]
mfn. having disputes allayed, reconciled, appeased cf. W.
śāntá-vīra-deśikêndra [ zAntavIradezikendra ]
m. N. of an author cf. Cat.
śāntá-śrī [ zAntazrI ]
m. N. of Pracaṇḍa-deva cf. W.
śāntá-sumati [ zAntasumati ]
m. N. of a Deva-putra cf. Lalit. ( cf. śānta-mati )
śāntá-sūri [ zAntasUri ]
m. N. of a scholiast cf. Cat.
śāntá-sena [ zAntasena ]
m. N. of a son of Subāhu cf. BhP.
śāntá-haya [ zAntahaya ]
m. N. of a son of Manu Tāmasa cf. VP.
śāntá-hṛdaya [ zAntahRdaya ]
mfn. tranquil-hearted cf. ChUp.
śāntâtman [ zAntAtman ]
mfn. calm-minded, composed cf. MaitrUp.
śāntântakara [ zAntAntakara ]
m. N. of a son of Śambara cf. Hariv.
śāntârcis [ zAntArcis ]
mfn. whose flame is extinguished, gone out ( as fire ) cf. MBh.